Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #31
JAMIESMITH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLassell View Post
While I can understand your frustration (americans are constantly offered things that I can not be because I am in Canada) my assumption of why we are getting discounts (I don't have one for the dates I am going) is because it costs a hell of alot to fly to the US from Canada. So it helps balance out the cost so that it's still viable for us to vacation at Disney too.

I am very jealous of the cost of flights you can get in the US. For me and my three kids I'm looking at around $3000 for return flights!
We're actually driving down (it's about a twelve hour drive) because I'm too cheap to fly

I'm glad that Canadians are getting the discount, but I want one too!

JAMIESMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #32
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIESMITH View Post
We're actually driving down (it's about a twelve hour drive) because I'm too cheap to fly

We drive too but our drive is closer to 16 hours! Right now, we have a package booked at rack rate but may need to make adjustments.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #33
supergirljennie
Earning My Ears

I'm hopeful for a discount too. We're a family of 6 so flying is cost prohibitive, so we'll be making a 16+ hour drive as well.

supergirljennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #34
JAMIESMITH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
We drive too but our drive is closer to 16 hours! Right now, we have a package booked at rack rate but may need to make adjustments.
Ditto on the adjustments. We can afford to stay at the Poly (where we're booked now), but I just can't see actually forking over that much money for one week!

JAMIESMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #35
yummie55
Earning My Ears

That is our issue too. We had AKL club paid for but thought there would be a discount. We can't see paying full price for it - it stinks - but we downgraded (hate that word because the mods and values are nice too!) to a moderate and saved $1300!

yummie55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #36
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I am hoping for a room only discount for the end of April

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Pop Century
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:22 PM   #37
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIESMITH View Post
Well I am Canadian and hoping for a discount because the free dining discount ends Sept 29,2012 and my trip starts Sept 30 till October 10th, 2012. lol So we're in the same boat.
HeatherLassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:34 AM   #38
lovemygrowingfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLassell View Post
Not to high jack the post but yeah it's gonna cost me about $2600 for the 10 days, 11nights at POP and 8 day park hopper and then about $3000 to just fly there and back. (No direct flights out of Winnipeg to Orlando). lol So I'd LOVE a discount or free dining. Cause I still have to pay for food and souvineers on top of those #s I just gave!

Have you thought about driving to grand forks nd and flying direct to Orlando? Starting in November one way nonstop flights are $99.00 usd. Its not that far of a drive down the road. There is 8 in my family so it's still more economical to drive from grand forks to Disney.

I hope there is a discount for august 2012 otherwise we might cancel.

1st trip Old Key West Jan/Feb 2010
August 2012 Carribean beach
August 10-27 2014 Kidani/OKW split stay

lovemygrowingfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #39
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemygrowingfamily View Post
Starting in November one way nonstop flights are $99.00 usd.
We're going end of September so I didn't find any direct flights. Canadian Airlines do direct flights in Nov and Dec too but my work prohibits vacations in those months. I did find some direct flights out of Minneapolis but then thats a 8 hr drive in the car with three kids, gas both ways, hotel both ways...it didn't work out to be that much better of a deal for us.

Last edited by HeatherLassell; 09-20-2011 at 10:05 PM.
HeatherLassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #40
kyl
DIS Veteran

Yeah it kinda sucks for us Aussies as well. While the UK seems to get some good deals we get nothing! Only what the public offers are at the time on the WDW website. Cost of flights for us is approx. $7000! Two adults and three kids. So if free dining comes in we kinda think its worth the long flight but without it I think we will maybe look at returning later than we would like. But we have caught the disney bug badly and want to return.....come on 2012 discounts. Anyone been the first two weeks of December?
WDW Art of Animation resort Nov 2012
WDW SSR one bedroom villa 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Sept/Oct 2010
Disneyland Hotel Oct 2010
Disneyland Grand Californian Resort June 2009
(Me DW) (DH)(DD13) :
(DD9) (DS5)
kyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:47 AM   #41
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyl View Post
Yeah it kinda sucks for us Aussies as well. While the UK seems to get some good deals we get nothing! Only what the public offers are at the time on the WDW website. Cost of flights for us is approx. $7000! Two adults and three kids. So if free dining comes in we kinda think its worth the long flight but without it I think we will maybe look at returning later than we would like. But we have caught the disney bug badly and want to return.....come on 2012 discounts. Anyone been the first two weeks of December?
I have. Have also been the week after Thanksgiving. Both weeks were low crowds and since we are early risers the parks were like ghost towns for the first few hours after opening. I've heard that more and more people are starting to go at those times though so the crowds have probably grown but are still not as busy as a Holiday time.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:50 AM   #42
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But we have caught the disney bug badly and want to return.....come on 2012 discounts. Anyone been the first two weeks of December?
I went last year from December 11-17 on a GP room discount of either 30% or maybe even 40%!! Sorry...my memory isn't what it used to be, and it was never all that good.
patty57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #43
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We live in the U.S. near the Canadian border, it takes us 8 hrs to get to Detroit, 24 hrs to get to WDW if we drive straight through. Airfare from small airports is crazy. I think our dollar is worth less than Canada's too. Living in the U.S. does not necessarily mean it's a less expensive vacation. That said, I am happy for anyone that can get a deal.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #44
kyl
DIS Veteran

Anyone rented points? We are thinking that may be the better deal this time? Thinking bay lake tower and AKL a week of each. As they have one bedrooms that hold our required five. Thanks for all the responses!
WDW Art of Animation resort Nov 2012
WDW SSR one bedroom villa 2012
WDW Coronado Springs Resort Sept/Oct 2010
Disneyland Hotel Oct 2010
Disneyland Grand Californian Resort June 2009
(Me DW) (DH)(DD13) :
(DD9) (DS5)
kyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #45
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Do you think the reason they haven't put out discounts for Fall 2012 is because the first phase of the FLE opening hasn't been announced yet? I'm guessing there won't be any discounts available that week?

We are going somewhere between Mid-September to the first week of October next year and I actually am hoping to avoid the FLE mess. I think it's going to draw big crowds at an otherwise quiet time of year.

There are just so many unknowns with planning this trip. GRRR!

A discount of some sort would be a good guideline for me to choose actual dates.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: