Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #91
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
I hope F&W can handle more than one day of your awesomeness..
AWWW....
actually, our favorite prince pointed out to me earlier that I don't have plans for Sunday morning since Sunday night is MNSSHP so I may be swinging into F&W a day early but I need to find my CM friend first to see what he has planned for me (no more thrill rides!!).
So now I'm in meltdown mode, I had to take my princess in to be worked on because she kept stalling today . I'm hoping this isn't going to be too expensive and cut into my Disney money but I do need to make sure she is running well. I need to take her out to Pittsburgh at the beginning of November for a district meeting and I would hate to die on the PA Turnpike!

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #92
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
AWWW....
actually, our favorite prince pointed out to me earlier that I don't have plans for Sunday morning since Sunday night is MNSSHP so I may be swinging into F&W a day early but I need to find my CM friend first to see what he has planned for me (no more thrill rides!!).
So now I'm in meltdown mode, I had to take my princess in to be worked on because she kept stalling today . I'm hoping this isn't going to be too expensive and cut into my Disney money but I do need to make sure she is running well. I need to take her out to Pittsburgh at the beginning of November for a district meeting and I would hate to die on the PA Turnpike!
Do you consider Soarin a thrill ride? or Test Track?

I have a feeling I'll be taking my on both since she's indicated she's never ridden them. I may even try Mission Space.... but that depends upon my mood.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #93
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post

I have a feeling I'll be taking my on both since she's indicated she's never ridden them. I may even try Mission Space.... but that depends upon my mood.
You must take her on them, wow, never ridden Soarin, that is definetly NOT a thrill ride but a do not miss!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #94
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
You must take her on them, wow, never ridden Soarin, that is definetly NOT a thrill ride but a do not miss!

I'm guessing with the little one and time, EPCOT hasn't been able to get much love on her recent trips.

The real question with Soarin' is the issue with heights..... but... I got her on the skylift at Knoebels, and the ferris wheels at both Knoebels and Hershey, so I'm thinking something at Disney shouldn't be TOO hard.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #95
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm guessing with the little one and time, EPCOT hasn't been able to get much love on her recent trips.

The real question with Soarin' is the issue with heights..... but... I got her on the skylift at Knoebels, and the ferris wheels at both Knoebels and Hershey, so I'm thinking something at Disney shouldn't be TOO hard.
She should be fine, Soarin is pretty tame.

I guess with my big kid, dare devil DD7 who rides everything I didn't think about being with a little one! You get to introduce her to more of Epcot (my FAVORITE park), how fun.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #96
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:

no they aren't thrill rides! I was referring to any rollercoaster (let coasteraddict do them). I think she will love Soarin, it is my favorite ride so far....

Old 09-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #97
DCTooTall

Quote:
She should be fine, Soarin is pretty tame.

I guess with my big kid, dare devil DD7 who rides everything I didn't think about being with a little one! You get to introduce her to more of Epcot (my FAVORITE park), how fun.
I love me some EPCOT... (Hell... even my Tattoo is an EPCOT tattoo...).

Sadly, i think in many ways I loved the EPCOT Center of old more than it's current incarnation. Although, I'm really learning to love the World Showcase. That could however just be my love of drinking coming out.

Favorite park I don't know if i can really say. I love EPCOT, and I love the MK. EPCOT has the advantage in more things to do that don't squeeze me into tight spots..... but the MK is the MK, which is an automatic bonus for it. Thank god I don't have to choose just one.

Quote:
no they aren't thrill rides! I was referring to any rollercoaster (let coasteraddict do them). I think she will love Soarin, it is my favorite ride so far....
I'd love to get her on Everest.... and ToT.... and maybe even the Rock-N-Rollercoaster..... But, I'm thinking we won't have time this trip to swing by those parks. Big Thunder won't be a problem getting her on, and Space Mountain I don't have a huge desire to ride because of the severe pain I end up in from my attempts to squeeze into the ride.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #98
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

IT'S OFFICIAL!! I am Florida bound on the 1st!! pour the champangne (or rum for our pyrate) I'm booked on my non stop flight Saturday after my concert so I will see the prince and princess that evening. I also heard back about my car....not cutting that much into my Disney fund, I may have to forego one bag of caramel popcorn from Germany (will never give up a Dole Whip). Hope this day keeps getting better otherwise I may be standing on the ledge of the castle....

Old 09-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #99
DCTooTall

Quote:
IT'S OFFICIAL!! I am Florida bound on the 1st!! pour the champangne (or rum for our pyrate) I'm booked on my non stop flight Saturday after my concert so I will see the prince and princess that evening. I also heard back about my car....not cutting that much into my Disney fund, I may have to forego one bag of caramel popcorn from Germany (will never give up a Dole Whip). Hope this day keeps getting better otherwise I may be standing on the ledge of the castle....

Well if it helps this day get better....

i did find out that I can indeed modify our Wishes Dessert Party reservation for the 3rd to convert our phantom toddler into a full grown adult.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #100
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay for you guys! Have fun, too bad I couldn't swing anything, next time for sure...
Old 09-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #101
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:

Well if it helps this day get better....

i did find out that I can indeed modify our Wishes Dessert Party reservation for the 3rd to convert our phantom toddler into a full grown adult.
WOO HOO!!
hopefully this time I'll get Tinkerbell flying from the castle...last time it was too windy for her to fly. I may have to talk to the resident pyrate/photographer to figure out the best way to shoot her. ok now I'm gettin' excited!

Old 09-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #102
DCTooTall

Quote:
Yay for you guys! Have fun, too bad I couldn't swing anything, next time for sure...
Well since you get in on the 6th, and the Diva leaves on the 7th, You guys do have some overlap time in which to hang out. I don't know what Lala's dates are since she's been AWOL for a bit now.

And since TDB lives in the same city as you, I'm sure you guys can get together at some point.

So ultimately.... The only person you are missing out on getting to hang out with, it me..... and that could be a good thing since apparently I can be a bad influence.

Quote:
WOO HOO!!
hopefully this time I'll get Tinkerbell flying from the castle...last time it was too windy for her to fly. I may have to talk to the resident pyrate/photographer to figure out the best way to shoot her. ok now I'm gettin' excited!
I'm going to try and run by city hall and make the update when I arrive in town. I'm planning on swinging by the MK at least once per day anyways so that I can enter the passholder contest at the jewelry store.

somehow I'm feeling more confident making the change to the reservation in person vs. on the phone.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #103
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Well since you get in on the 6th, and the Diva leaves on the 7th, You guys do have some overlap time in which to hang out. I don't know what Lala's dates are since she's been AWOL for a bit now.

And since TDB lives in the same city as you, I'm sure you guys can get together at some point.

So ultimately.... The only person you are missing out on getting to hang out with, it me..... and that could be a good thing since apparently I can be a bad influence.

I'm going to try and run by city hall and make the update when I arrive in town. I'm planning on swinging by the MK at least once per day anyways so that I can enter the passholder contest at the jewelry store.

somehow I'm feeling more confident making the change to the reservation in person vs. on the phone.
OK WHAT IS THIS CONTEST AND WHY DON'T I KNOW ABOUT IT??!! And at a jewelry store??? this screams DIVA all over it!

Old 09-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #104
DCTooTall

Quote:
OK WHAT IS THIS CONTEST AND WHY DON'T I KNOW ABOUT IT??!! And at a jewelry store??? this screams DIVA all over it!
Go to the Passholder site, click on the Disney News... and it's the top item under the picture of the little girl.

You can also enter once per day via mail.... but I'm too lazy to remember to drop something in the mail each day.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #105
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ok, I am a really bad influence myself, so it could be really scary!

Maybe drinks on Oct 6th for those that will be there? Late cuz I have dinner at Cali Grill (yum, my first time trying it)...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: