Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #1531
dismem98
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneydaveCT View Post
MOVING TO FLORIDA!

Lucky you!! I will have to dream about one day being able to live in Florida.....sighhhhh
Old 12-27-2011, 12:39 AM   #1532
stitch1986
Stitch Lvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
ok everyone! now that Christmas is over, Chanukah is half way done and Kwanzaa has just started, what's everyone's plan for the week??
I am actually working the rest of the week, today is our last "holiday" for the year.
I know we've been back and forth about our meet ups next year so throw some ideas out...do we want to go back to Hershey or do we want to try somewhere else...Blue is looking for us to head west to DL...we have some of our friends from across the big pond that are willing to hang with us so we should start planning some SSC time for all of us.
I got tickets for the michael jackson immortal tour on fri so I am excited for that, and I am packing up my room because will be moving to fl jan 31

"Ohana means family, family means no one gets left behind or forgotten, eeh" Stitch from Lilo and Stitch
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #1533
stitch1986
Stitch Lvr

Quote:
MOVING TO FLORIDA!
thats awesome!! where at I am moving there too!!! but not this week lol

"Ohana means family, family means no one gets left behind or forgotten, eeh" Stitch from Lilo and Stitch
Old 12-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #1534
stitch1986
Stitch Lvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post
Yes and Yes!! The Co-ed parties are the best! Sooooooooooo, when IS the next meet up. I need to text NJDiva now about May but I heard something about October. Any one going down end of Feb?? Im planning a quick getaway to enjoy some adult time.
I will be there end of feb

Old 12-27-2011, 06:43 AM   #1535
DisneydaveCT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasterAddict View Post
I'm going to Disney World. Well, next week anyway. Single digits...
Have a great time. Too bad we will miss each other by a couple of days.
A Very Memorable Magical Moment: Scoring a Hole-in-One at Disney's LBV #7, 9/25/06

FUTURE TRIPS: November 18-25 at OKW & SSR. .
PREVIOUS TRIPS: 25+ trips to WDW since 1972 with stays at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Carribean Beach, Contemporary; Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs Resort, & Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #1536
CoasterAddict
Queen of the Double Entendre

Quote:
Have a great time. Too bad we will miss each other by a couple of days.
True. Oh well, there's always next time.
Marathon Relay 2012 2:51:33!! Team Time 6:00
WDW Full Marathon 2011 7:02:27 -who thought that was a good idea? Oh yeah, me...
WDW Half-Marathon 2008--3:08:13, 2009--3:07:02, 2010--3:13:52 (in sleet) 2012--3:14
DL Half-Marathon 2009--3:05:17
Old 12-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #1537
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

I'm back. Friday was super-stressful since stupid me decided to turn on the TV Thursday night and noticed some channels were tiling like crazy. When i got in Friday what SHOULD have been a 5min fix turning into 7hrs of troubleshooting followed by a rushed together bandaid to get things working reliably thru the holiday moratorium where it requires an act of god to touch anything that could be customer impacting.

The only bright side to Friday's fun is that the channels in question were the Center Ice channels, so I could actually work on them during the day since they only showed a slate with the schedule without raising all sorts of alarms due to "customer impact".

After all that... I just vegged out and watched TV and played PS3 all weekend.

Speaking of which.... The Doctor Who Christmas Special ROCKED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
I have been to a music festival in West Virginia a few times in the last few years called All Good. After 13 years there they are moving the location to Ohio. When I saw that the first thing I thought of was Cedar Point. There is also Dorney Park in PA as another option.
Dorney would work. I've been thinking about taking a trip up that way. (actually took a slightly longer way home from CT over Thanksgiving that had me swing by Dorney, just so I could time how long it takes to drive there.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLalovesWDW View Post
Ok Im determined to make both this year... now that my house is all settled I can focus on things that are really important now - like DISNEY! My baby will be in FL ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL summer, so I will be wide open... oh boy, scratch that. I will be available for a summer meet up somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoldicA View Post
Anyone going to make it out for new years? I requested off but I think my workplace has other plans... That doesn't mean I won't find a way
~B
Currently I'm on call, which limits my ability to actually have fun on New Years.... but I'm working on trying to get someone else to cover for me so that I can try and find SOMETHING to do.

I've got plans for New Years Eve Afternoon, but still trying to figure out what to do that night.

Quote:
ok everyone! now that Christmas is over, Chanukah is half way done and Kwanzaa has just started, what's everyone's plan for the week??
I am actually working the rest of the week, today is our last "holiday" for the year.
I know we've been back and forth about our meet ups next year so throw some ideas out...do we want to go back to Hershey or do we want to try somewhere else...Blue is looking for us to head west to DL...we have some of our friends from across the big pond that are willing to hang with us so we should start planning some SSC time for all of us.
I'm working this week as well. I SOOOOOooooooooo didn't want to get out of bed this morning and come into work. My next day off is Monday when the company officially recognizes New Years, since the actual holiday falls on a weekend.

I'm not sure I'd be able to afford a trip out west, but I'm open to whatever the group wants. Money is a bit of an issue this year since I got the new car, and went a bit overboard the later half of this year with Florida Trips.... But depending on what's decided and where I'll do my best to appear.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #1538
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I'm back. Friday was super-stressful since stupid me decided to turn on the TV Thursday night and noticed some channels were tiling like crazy. When i got in Friday what SHOULD have been a 5min fix turning into 7hrs of troubleshooting followed by a rushed together bandaid to get things working reliably thru the holiday moratorium where it requires an act of god to touch anything that could be customer impacting.

The only bright side to Friday's fun is that the channels in question were the Center Ice channels, so I could actually work on them during the day since they only showed a slate with the schedule without raising all sorts of alarms due to "customer impact".

After all that... I just vegged out and watched TV and played PS3 all weekend.

Speaking of which.... The Doctor Who Christmas Special ROCKED!!

well we missed you this weekend, hope you had a great holiday.

Dorney would work. I've been thinking about taking a trip up that way. (actually took a slightly longer way home from CT over Thanksgiving that had me swing by Dorney, just so I could time how long it takes to drive there.)

I'm good with Dorney. it's totally driveable and there are some pretty nice hotels up that way.

Currently I'm on call, which limits my ability to actually have fun on New Years.... but I'm working on trying to get someone else to cover for me so that I can try and find SOMETHING to do.

I've got plans for New Years Eve Afternoon, but still trying to figure out what to do that night.

I'm on call for 6 of the 10 managers this week....so I've gotten calls from Puerto Rico, Ohio and Virginia so far. trust me, I know the feeling

I'm working this week as well. I SOOOOOooooooooo didn't want to get out of bed this morning and come into work. My next day off is Monday when the company officially recognizes New Years, since the actual holiday falls on a weekend.

I'm not sure I'd be able to afford a trip out west, but I'm open to whatever the group wants. Money is a bit of an issue this year since I got the new car, and went a bit overboard the later half of this year with Florida Trips.... But depending on what's decided and where I'll do my best to appear.
I hear ya about going out west, I actually will be there for a short weekend to see my cousins in June but other than that, I'll be in FL March, May, and hopefully October if it doesn't interfere with the Canary Islands.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #1539
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

I'll be down in WDW in December(hopefully!) for my honeymoon so that'd be ideal for me since I won't have a whole lot of time off or extra money.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #1540
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

why not an east coast and a westcoast meet, that way people can try to attend the one that works best for them

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #1541
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
why not an east coast and a westcoast meet, that way people can try to attend the one that works best for them
for a pyrate you're pretty smart!! so someone from each coast would coordinate each meet??

Old 12-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #1542
DisneydaveCT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1986 View Post
thats awesome!! where at I am moving there too!!! but not this week lol
I am moving to Tallahassee.
A Very Memorable Magical Moment: Scoring a Hole-in-One at Disney's LBV #7, 9/25/06

FUTURE TRIPS: November 18-25 at OKW & SSR. .
PREVIOUS TRIPS: 25+ trips to WDW since 1972 with stays at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Carribean Beach, Contemporary; Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs Resort, & Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #1543
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
OOoooooo.... Not a bad idea....

Quote:
for a pyrate you're pretty smart!! so someone from each coast would coordinate each meet??
That sounds like an idea. I know we've had a few people from the west coast active on here. Anybody want to take point on the West Coast meet?

As for the East coast.... I know I coordinated the last couple meets, so in the interest of community, anybody else want to take this one?

And I'm thinking based off what we were talking about awhile ago, we'd still do a DisneyWorld meet as well, probably for F&W. I know we mentioned earlier the idea of doing a regional meet sometime in the summer, and then the big Disney meet. I don't see why we can't do 2 regional meets since it'd be easier for everyone to attend one, and then the big Disney Get Together.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #1544
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
OOoooooo.... Not a bad idea....

That sounds like an idea. I know we've had a few people from the west coast active on here. Anybody want to take point on the West Coast meet?

As for the East coast.... I know I coordinated the last couple meets, so in the interest of community, anybody else want to take this one?

And I'm thinking based off what we were talking about awhile ago, we'd still do a DisneyWorld meet as well, probably for F&W. I know we mentioned earlier the idea of doing a regional meet sometime in the summer, and then the big Disney meet. I don't see why we can't do 2 regional meets since it'd be easier for everyone to attend one, and then the big Disney Get Together.
I have been away for a couple days, how many meets are planned? Southwest has a good fare sale now, bookings through August, I'd love to get something in the works....
Old 12-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #1545
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

I'm willing to plan the west coast meet if there's anyone interested in it. I'm definitely getting an annual pass when I can afford it(might be a few months though, haha) DF has never been to DL or WDW so I will definitely be converting her It's cheaper to stay off site right across harbor blvd than it is to stay on property at DL though that's for darn sure!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: