Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #31
Momw/aplan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
Well if you only used their town cars I wouldn't worry but if you book anything but they will farm the job out to another company. Still trying to decide what we're gonna do.
So, as far as anyone knows, we should be okay to book a towncar through Tiffany? Most of their reviews I've seen online have been quite positive, whereas many of the reviews for other companies not so much.

Has anyone had any recent experience with Tiffany? They're not close to going belly up are they? Selling off all their vehicles doesn't sound good, but if they're still okay, I think I'd rather go through them.

We're coming in to RPR from Sanford airport and don't really want to take a taxi for such a long trip. And we don't want to rent because it will be a long drive, late at night to the hotel, and then we'd have to pay for parking the whole trip when we don't really plan on leaving the resort until time to come home again.

March 2014- YES! Spring Break at the dark side!!! WooHoo!
Sept/Oct 2012- 3 Nights @ RPR Grownups only for my (BIG) Birthday Weekend!!!
May 2012- Our triumphant return to the dark side!!! (7 nights @ RPR w/ 1 day @ MK & 1 day @ Epcot!)
June 2010- Pre-Grand Opening WWoHP Pkg(3 Nights at Royal Pacific Resort)!!!! <-- Trip Report: (begins w/ post #82)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2478909&page=6
Nov 2009- Our first official family visit to the world! (6 nights at AKL!!)
Momw/aplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #32
Melanie230
Ready to retire in Florida. Trading my Mommy title for a Mummy title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
i have been using one car service for the past five years that i am very satisfied with.
i can't name the present company as it is not allowed on the dis.

prior to this one, i used murray hill

http://www.transportation2disney.com/

i used them for about 4 trips and they were wonderful.
I think we use the same company. We used this company last year and really liked them. We are using them again for our trip back to the airport this year.
March 2006 Royal Pacific; June 2007 Hard Rock Hotel; October 2008 Hard Rock Hotel; October 2009 Pop Century; October 2010 Pop Century; October 2011 Hard Rock Hotel; September/October 2012 Portofino Bay Hotel
Melanie230 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #33
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

We've used FL Tours (fltours.com) for our last couple of trips and have been pleased with them.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #34
bball2026
Earning My Ears

Can anyone PM the name of the car service that can't be mentioned on the DIS. I am a little leery of using Tiffany if they are having problems. Used them last year for HHN and had no problems but I don't know this time around. thanks
bball2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #35
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

pm's are filtered also.
the name of the company would be xxxx'ed out.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #36
Melanie230

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball2026 View Post
Can anyone PM the name of the car service that can't be mentioned on the DIS. I am a little leery of using Tiffany if they are having problems. Used them last year for HHN and had no problems but I don't know this time around. thanks
I just checked on a new company in Orlando called Super Shuttle. I think they are quite common in other areas but fairly new to Orlando. If you go to www.supershuttle.com/entertainmentguide2013 you can book an Execucar for $50 one way to the airport. I didn't check round trip since we just need one way. That is the cheapest I have found so far.
March 2006 Royal Pacific; June 2007 Hard Rock Hotel; October 2008 Hard Rock Hotel; October 2009 Pop Century; October 2010 Pop Century; October 2011 Hard Rock Hotel; September/October 2012 Portofino Bay Hotel
Old 09-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #37
Melanie230

I just called the Portofino Bay Hotel and was told that all three hotels have TOWNE CARS that will take you to the airport on departure. The fee is a flat rate of $55!!!!! You don't need to book them in advance...just go downstairs and request a car, and they will load you up and take you to the airport! I never knew the hotel had this service. I am going to cancel our car and just use the Loews Car Service. I hope this helps you!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #38
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie230 View Post
I just called the Portofino Bay Hotel and was told that all three hotels have TOWNE CARS that will take you to the airport on departure. The fee is a flat rate of $55!!!!! You don't need to book them in advance...just go downstairs and request a car, and they will load you up and take you to the airport! I never knew the hotel had this service. I am going to cancel our car and just use the Loews Car Service. I hope this helps you!
the onsite hotels have had that for some time.
a few posters that have used them commented on the convenience of using it.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #39
Momw/aplan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie230 View Post
Is there anything on their website that talks about this? I couldn't find it. I'm wondering if they go to Sanford Airport or if they only go to MCO.

March 2014- YES! Spring Break at the dark side!!! WooHoo!
Sept/Oct 2012- 3 Nights @ RPR Grownups only for my (BIG) Birthday Weekend!!!
May 2012- Our triumphant return to the dark side!!! (7 nights @ RPR w/ 1 day @ MK & 1 day @ Epcot!)
June 2010- Pre-Grand Opening WWoHP Pkg(3 Nights at Royal Pacific Resort)!!!! <-- Trip Report: (begins w/ post #82)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2478909&page=6
Nov 2009- Our first official family visit to the world! (6 nights at AKL!!)
Momw/aplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #40
goldwest
Earning My Ears

Thanks for posting about the town cars. We only need to go to the airport so that sounds like the best for us.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #41
Melanie230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momw/aplan View Post
Is there anything on their website that talks about this? I couldn't find it. I'm wondering if they go to Sanford Airport or if they only go to MCO.
I didn't ask about that airport. But she did ask me which airport I was going to so she could quote me accurately! So that might mean they go to Sanford. I would call and ask.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #42
tlinus
Proud Redhead
Johnny Depp sexy transcends all generations!!!!
we should have just bagged it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
We use a Towncar service..$105 RT and it includes a grocery stop ..
I am sure its the sameone we use at that price

Old 10-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #43
CPA_ESQ.
Mouseketeer

We are going down to universal in a few weeks and was going to use Tiffany.

last time we were down a few months ago - We had Jack Jordan as our driver, he said he was an independent contractor through Tiffany.

Honestly he was one of the best drivers from there that we ever had! He's a nice older guy who is proud of his car, keeps it clean, is patient, arrives early and is happy to wait.

He said he was a POW and we talked on the ride back. If he is one of the 2 cars they have and he is available I will book him.
CPA_ESQ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #44
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

I think it's cheaper to rent a car....what about renting for one day,and returning somewhere near Universal,if you don't need it to get back to MCO?
we have a rental car for 10 days that's less than 150.00
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #45
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

but we do have to pay to park at HRH,so there's that.
but we need a car to get to Disney after Universal,so it works out
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: