Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #16
MrsMud
Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing the Cowboy hat is cute
The Tag Fairy can wear a Cowboy hat too

I am interested in this thread, too. We have always rented a car when visiting Universal, but this time we are taking my daughter's two friends and will be a party of 6, so we would have to rent a minivan. The prices for that right now are astronomical! I am wondering if it would make more sense to take a service from and to the airport. Just dont know which ones fit 6 people. Any info. would be appreciated! Thanks!
MrsMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #17
huckster
DIS Veteran

i found this old thread and see it has mention of the transportation i used on here from universal "the meet and greet" service with prices .. this is what we purchasses has anyone used this? how much did you tip per bag or per cost of trip thanks so much i really need to have the correct amount ready for them thank you

hold on tight to your dreams!
huckster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #18
drinkme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMud View Post
I am interested in this thread, too. We have always rented a car when visiting Universal, but this time we are taking my daughter's two friends and will be a party of 6, so we would have to rent a minivan. The prices for that right now are astronomical! I am wondering if it would make more sense to take a service from and to the airport. Just dont know which ones fit 6 people. Any info. would be appreciated! Thanks!
We used Ed Korgan back in 2010. I got his name from the DIS. He was great!!! He had a very large SUV that sit 8 people. Back then, he charged $90 round trip, including a grocery store stop. I no longer have his email address, but I do have his phone number still. You can PM me if you want it. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post his phone number on this thread.

You can also do a search on the DIS for him. There were lots of positive comments about him.

HTH

**** I now see this was an old thread. I'll leave my post as this may help someone else. Oh, and I think dh tipped $20 each way.
drinkme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #19
bopper
Which way to the Hundred Acre Woods?
I have been in VMK since day 1 and am still playing!

We used the Mears Shuttle to get to/from the airport. They only stopped at the Hard Rock Hotel besides ours.

To get to Discovery Cove the hotel has a town car that is there by the entrance. It cost slightly more than a taxi but we didn't have to wait to call it. They will give you their card and when you are ready to leave you call them and they pick you up. For Sea World we just took a taxi back since there were many there waiting as you left.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #20
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
We use Tiffany Towncar all the time..Never had an issue or a bad experience.
When was the last time you used them? We used them in March and everything was fine. I booked them again for our trip in 2 weeks and called today to confirm. Seems they are down to 2 town cars and sold their vans. UGH! I have been so happy with them. So now their farming out our transportation to another company. I may just look for someone else.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #21
Momw/aplan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
When was the last time you used them? We used them in March and everything was fine. I booked them again for our trip in 2 weeks and called today to confirm. Seems they are down to 2 town cars and sold their vans. UGH! I have been so happy with them. So now their farming out our transportation to another company. I may just look for someone else.
Oh no! I was just getting ready to book a car through Tiffany for our upcoming trip, but now it doesn't sound like that would be a very good idea.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

March 2014- YES! Spring Break at the dark side!!! WooHoo!
Sept/Oct 2012- 3 Nights @ RPR Grownups only for my (BIG) Birthday Weekend!!!
May 2012- Our triumphant return to the dark side!!! (7 nights @ RPR w/ 1 day @ MK & 1 day @ Epcot!)
June 2010- Pre-Grand Opening WWoHP Pkg(3 Nights at Royal Pacific Resort)!!!! <-- Trip Report: (begins w/ post #82)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2478909&page=6
Nov 2009- Our first official family visit to the world! (6 nights at AKL!!)
Momw/aplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #22
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i have been using one car service for the past five years that i am very satisfied with.
i can't name the present company as it is not allowed on the dis.

prior to this one, i used murray hill

http://www.transportation2disney.com/

i used them for about 4 trips and they were wonderful.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #23
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momw/aplan View Post
Oh no! I was just getting ready to book a car through Tiffany for our upcoming trip, but now it doesn't sound like that would be a very good idea.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Well if you only used their town cars I wouldn't worry but if you book anything but they will farm the job out to another company. Still trying to decide what we're gonna do.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #24
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
i have been using one car service for the past five years that i am very satisfied with.
i can't name the present company as it is not allowed on the dis.

prior to this one, i used murray hill

http://www.transportation2disney.com/

i used them for about 4 trips and they were wonderful.
I know the company you speak of that we can't speak of! Got a quote from them today - good to know you are happy with them! They were the same price and also included the grocery stop. Any driver you really like or they all good?
Old 09-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #25
Melanie230
Ready to retire in Florida. Trading my Mommy title for a Mummy title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkproulx View Post
I'd love to get info on this also....I guess we will only need transportation from MCO to Royal Pacific. We will rent a car for our return, as we are headed to St. Pete and then coming back to go to Disney! Thanks for the great information!
When we go to Universal we rent a car from Hertz. This trip we can rent a car from Hertz and turn it in at the Hertz counter at the Portofino. Our 1 day rental cost me $34.
March 2006 Royal Pacific; June 2007 Hard Rock Hotel; October 2008 Hard Rock Hotel; October 2009 Pop Century; October 2010 Pop Century; October 2011 Hard Rock Hotel; September/October 2012 Portofino Bay Hotel
Melanie230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #26
zombgirl
Earning My Ears

I was just planning on grabbing a taxi at MCO to RPR for the 4 of us. We don't need a food stop since we're doing club level. Is there any advantage to using a car service instead of a taxi?
zombgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #27
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombgirl View Post
I was just planning on grabbing a taxi at MCO to RPR for the 4 of us. We don't need a food stop since we're doing club level. Is there any advantage to using a car service instead of a taxi?
Nope not really other than the grocery stop. We have done both and it is convenient to just grab a cab.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #28
lorik
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaMcNS View Post
Has anyone had an experience with quick_silver Tours & Transportation? I reserved one of their town cars to take the three of us from MCO to the Royal Pacific.
We used *********** a few years back; they were very reliable. We decided not to use them on our trip last month because we didn't need the grocery stop. It was easier, and a few dollars cheaper, just to get a taxi at the airport. For the return trip, there were plenty of Town cars lined up at Royal Pacific waiting to take you to the airport or anywhere you want to go.

I say it was easier because there was no need to look for the driver. When the kids were younger, it was nice to have an extra hand with the luggage. Now we don't have the need for it, so a taxi was fine.
lorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #29
zombgirl
Earning My Ears

Taxi it is then! Should I worry about getting a cab for our day at aquatica or maybe RPR will have a shuttle for this like they do for seaworld?
zombgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #30
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombgirl View Post
Taxi it is then! Should I worry about getting a cab for our day at aquatica or maybe RPR will have a shuttle for this like they do for seaworld?
The shuttle drops you off at Seaworld. You'd have to walk over to aquatica...not sure if there is transportation at Seaworld.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: