Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
goodferry
DIS Veteran

PBH or HRH Club level?

OK, here is my situation. We have stayed at PBH three times and liked it OK. The kids felt like it was kind of a long walk to the parks, but whatever, I liked it. Last Feb. DH and I went and stayed at RPH in a club level room and he LOVED it. He loved the location, the short walk to City Walk and the parks and he loved staying club level.

We are all the sudden in a position to be in Orlando in three weeks and are booking a room. There will be 5 of us in the room, DH and I, our 19 year old son, our 15 year old and 11 year old daughters. RPH is not available club level, plus I wonder if the rooms would have been kind of tight for 5 of us. I was planning when I called to book HRH because we haven't ever stayed there and I thought the kids might like it. Plus it's closer to the parks. HRH and PBH both have availability, but oddly enough PBH is cheaper with our AP rate by $15 a night (not a huge difference, but a difference none the less). So I booked PBH, but now I am second guessing myself. I was thinking;
1. It's cheaper
2. the rooms are larger (over 100 square feet)

So here are my questions. Is club level significantly nicer at PBH? Enough to justify the fact that it's further from the parks than HRH? Is the gym nicer at HRH than at PBH? (my husband are fitness freaks, we will definitely use the gym daily) Do any of the club level rooms at either resort have two double queens with a pull out couch? I realize it wouldn't be a sure thing that we would get one of those rooms, but it would be nice to know if it was a possibility at either of those resorts.
TIA!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
gopack
Mouseketeer

I cannot answer all of your questions because I have not stayed club level at PBH. When we did stay there we had a room with 2 queen beds that connected to a parlor room that did have a sleep sofa. I believe this was some type of upgrade we received due to our loews standing at the time.

I have yet to meet a teenager that did not like the HRH. My kids have loved it there for years and they are now 15 and 21. We have stayed club many times at HRH and we have always had a great experience. I know there are some people on these boards who are not crazy about the club level there. There are several deluxe rooms on club level at HRH. I dont know if it has changed but in the past you could not request them, it was based on availability at check in. They do have another sleeping area- I cannot remember if it was a pullout or just a comfy sofa.

I think you would be squashed with all of you in a RPR room because they are quite small.
gopack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2014, 10:14 PM   #3
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i've been to PBH but not club.
have been to HRH many times and stayed club quite a bit.

the club room at HRH is small, lot smaller than the club at RPH.
(i've done club at RPH)

the offerings at HRH are really good and has a nice variety but i found not enough tables/chairs for everyone.

if you can't find a table for the 5 of you at hrh club lounge, take the food back to your room.
the TM's there will give you a tray to carry everything.

HRH is closer to the studios and a short walk to IOA.

it is the smallest of the 3 deluxe hotels with only 650 rooms.

food wise, you can't go wrong at either HRH or PBH.
(i say that based on the postings of those that used the club lounge at pbh.)

if you have a short stay, the 5 of you could handle the size of hrh room.
for a longer stay, pbh might be better as they have the larger rooms.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:07 AM   #4
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

At PBH there are more food offerings ( I have heard , can't confirm because we only stay at PBH, but our friends have done both and prefer the offerings at PBH) and the lounge is very large.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:02 PM   #5
goodferry
DIS Veteran

We will be there 4 nights, so kind of long if the room is too cramped. Now my other son is talking about coming. If we do that I will probably move to HRH because I will add a second room and space won't be such an issue then.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #6
Disneyhappy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
OK, here is my situation. We have stayed at PBH three times and liked it OK. The kids felt like it was kind of a long walk to the parks, but whatever, I liked it. Last Feb. DH and I went and stayed at RPH in a club level room and he LOVED it. He loved the location, the short walk to City Walk and the parks and he loved staying club level.

We are all the sudden in a position to be in Orlando in three weeks and are booking a room. There will be 5 of us in the room, DH and I, our 19 year old son, our 15 year old and 11 year old daughters. RPH is not available club level, plus I wonder if the rooms would have been kind of tight for 5 of us. I was planning when I called to book HRH because we haven't ever stayed there and I thought the kids might like it. Plus it's closer to the parks. HRH and PBH both have availability, but oddly enough PBH is cheaper with our AP rate by $15 a night (not a huge difference, but a difference none the less). So I booked PBH, but now I am second guessing myself. I was thinking;
1. It's cheaper
2. the rooms are larger (over 100 square feet)

So here are my questions. Is club level significantly nicer at PBH? Enough to justify the fact that it's further from the parks than HRH? Is the gym nicer at HRH than at PBH? (my husband are fitness freaks, we will definitely use the gym daily) Do any of the club level rooms at either resort have two double queens with a pull out couch? I realize it wouldn't be a sure thing that we would get one of those rooms, but it would be nice to know if it was a possibility at either of those resorts.
TIA!
PBH club is significantly nicer than HRH- size, cleanliness, crowdedness and quality of food. We deviated to the HRH club sat summer and regretted it. Your three children will likely enjoy HRH and will not be bothered with the things that bug adults. PBH fitness club is slightly nicer than HRH. Some Deluxe PBH rooms have a pull out bed but they cant guarantee it at reservation. Call the front desk before you go and ask for a room with a pull out bed. They will tell you that it can't be guaranteed but they may volunteer to comp you a rollaway and note it on the reservation.

HRH is great for teens. You will just need to change your expectations from PBH. We personally prefer RPR over HRH but rooms are small for 5 people. Enjoy your trip!

Disneyhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #7
Go Vols
Go Vols

Go Vols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #8
Go Vols
Go Vols

Go Vols is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: