Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 04:18 AM   #1
Debs Hill
DIS Veteran

Diagon Alley early entry for hotel guests experiences so far?!!!

Hi guys
We are going coming to Universal in a weeks time and I was interested to know your experiences so far........
What time have you been arriving at the park for early entry?
What time do the boats start running from the resorts?
What has the wait time been like for Gringotts during early entry?

Help!!!
Debsx
Debs Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:00 AM   #2
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

my friend is there now..Boats start running at 615am I think he said..He was in line well before for 7am early entry opening and got into Diagon alley at about 745 am and on line for gringotts.At that point he was told the wait was already 4 hrs.He finally rode around 315pm..It broke down 2x while he was waiting and wasn't running at full capacity .I think once we get passed this initial opening period and start running at full capacity with less glitches it won't be as bad..Yesterday was only the 2nd DAY
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2014, 07:22 AM   #3
Debs Hill
DIS Veteran

Oh my!!!!! I hadn't appreciated that it would be any where near that bad for early entry guests! Hopefully they will get it running at full capacity in the next week or so! If your friend was in line at 7.45pm how was the queue already at 4 hours?? Full with people who had been there since 5.00am waiting to get in at 7.00am?!!!! Need a strategy!
Would love to hear from anyone who was there today, is it getting any better?!
Debs
Debs Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:39 AM   #4
Voldy
Earning My Ears

We arrived at 6 this morning to moderate lines. Gates opened around 6:30. There was a feeble attempt to verify early access after the gates were opened, but it wouldn't be hard to slip through.

Crowds were led through the park with blockades at a couple of points to slow things down. There was a large switchback at the entrance to Diagon where they were counting the number of entrants.

We were at Gringotts by 7 and have been sitting by the talking Goblin for the last hour and a half. Just started moving a bit at around. 8:30. They told us coming in that Gringotts would not start running until 9:00--disappointing with early entry starting at 7. It seems they are still having trouble with this ride. Diagon Alley was stunning. I am anxious to see more if we ever escape from Gringotts.
Voldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:11 AM   #5
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs Hill View Post
Oh my!!!!! I hadn't appreciated that it would be any where near that bad for early entry guests! Hopefully they will get it running at full capacity in the next week or so! If your friend was in line at 7.45pm how was the queue already at 4 hours?? Full with people who had been there since 5.00am waiting to get in at 7.00am?!!!! Need a strategy!
Would love to hear from anyone who was there today, is it getting any better?!
Debs
Apparently when he got there around 6am there was already a huge amount of people there ahead of him.remember , ALL of the onsite resorts have early entry privelages ( CB is 1800 rooms by itself) and partner hotels booked with pkgs ,and apparently most people are taking advantage of the early entry
Old 07-10-2014, 08:25 AM   #6
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
Apparently when he got there around 6am there was already a huge amount of people there ahead of him.remember , ALL of the onsite resorts have early entry privelages ( CB is 1800 rooms by itself) and partner hotels booked with pkgs ,and apparently most people are taking advantage of the early entry
That must have been yesterday. We were first inline at City walk then gates. We could not get into Citywalk as security won't allow it. After that we waited at the gates.

Then as stated above they walk you all the way there with a rope block. After that you are a single file into queue outside London. Then into DA and around DA to Gringotts. It was a zoo even with EE. I think with the crown of people all pushing forward while walking to DA really messes things up as people are entering the park way behind you they are running up inky to find a rope block. It get crazy with people pushing thru. We just let people just go by as it's not worth it. So even though we were basically first at the gate we became maybe a few hundred to 1000 back at DA.

It's really sad to see parents with children setting great examples by running and forcing aside people. TM's were telling people to stay on the walking path as many were cutting in the grass around by MIB. Then they put us thru a barricade to reduce line width. People were going around that also and moving the barricades. This is what is wrong with the public, me first take no expense to get there. Really sad.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #7
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

So I'm scheduled for a visit in a little over a week... and I'm totally ready to say "Forget Gringotts." We're local-ish and unwilling to deal with this kind of crowding/waiting.

But question for those who are there/have been there this week: is there any plan of attack to experience DA with no Gringotts that might not be so awful? I know the return ticket system has started - when might be the best time to use that? Skip EE and arrive around 8 or 9? Or wait until late afternoon/evening? We'll be happy to spend some time in Hogsmeade first - any advantage or disadvantage to doing that and taking Hogwarts Express to DA?

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #8
Karkor
Earning My Ears

I know everyone is excited, but manners seem to go out of the window for a lot of people when they in Orlando!!

I know its only opening week but do you think Uni has shot themselves in the foot with CB having EE as well as the 3 delux? I mean CB is HUGE and has so many poss guests if they chose to us EE.
Of course they had to be some perk to stay at CB, but if it effects EE too much could it cause a problem for Universal as it a major perk for staying onsite.
If it was making too many crowds in say a couple of months time, do you think Uni would address it? Or is it too late?

I think they need to stop offering early entry to Virgin and other partner hotel. Sorry if that sounds mean but it should only be onsite guests now CB has it.
Karkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #9
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkor
I know everyone is excited, but manners seem to go out of the window for a lot of people when they in Orlando!!

I know its only opening week but do you think Uni has shot themselves in the foot with CB having EE as well as the 3 delux? I mean CB is HUGE and has so many poss guests if they chose to us EE.
Of course they had to be some perk to stay at CB, but if it effects EE too much could it cause a problem for Universal as it a major perk for staying onsite.
If it was making too many crowds in say a couple of months time, do you think Uni would address it? Or is it too late?

I think they need to stop offering early entry to Virgin and other partner hotel. Sorry if that sounds mean but it should only be onsite guests now CB has it.
I bet if it continues to be an issue we will see EE being taken away from partner hotels.
wilkeliza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #10
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Yes, CB is one of the issues. There were tons if CB people in inline.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #11
Karkor
Earning My Ears

Think they may have to have a think about what they can do if it continues. They could alternate parks for set hotels for EE. Then again everyone wants DA. They could do a LE meaning late entry in the evenings. I would LOVE that..... that is more of a dis thing and I can't see Uni offering this for a hotel perk.
Karkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #12
zebsterama
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer101 View Post
It's really sad to see parents with children setting great examples by running and forcing aside people. TM's were telling people to stay on the walking path as many were cutting in the grass around by MIB. Then they put us thru a barricade to reduce line width. People were going around that also and moving the barricades. This is what is wrong with the public, me first take no expense to get there. Really sad.
That sounds horrible. I'm really rethinking the great "idea" that was this trip -- but it's too late now.

Oh well. One will need patience, patience, and more patience.

You were right in letting people just budge there way past you/not causing a stink - it truly is NOT worth it. Good on you.

I can only hope that I will be that wise ... because I know inside I'll be losing my nerve.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #13
zebsterama
Mouseketeer

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkor View Post
They could alternate parks for set hotels for EE.
THIS!!!!!

Why they didn't do this I think is beyond poor planning on Uni's part -- after the first HP opening and all of the hype, what did they think was going to happen?

I'm staying at a Deluxe partner hotel -- I would have been happy with this.

I guess unless you're staying for only one night, I don't see how patrons could really complain?

Oh well. Live and learn.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #14
peaches00
Mouseketeer

if you stay I site, you still have 2 days early entry for 1 night stay if you check in early on 1st day.

grand floridian 2002 poly club 2009 port Orleans 2011
royal pacific club 2007
Portofino bay club 2008,2010(x2)
peaches00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #15
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebsterama View Post
THIS!!!!!

Why they didn't do this I think is beyond poor planning on Uni's part -- after the first HP opening and all of the hype, what did they think was going to happen?

I'm staying at a Deluxe partner hotel -- I would have been happy with this.

I guess unless you're staying for only one night, I don't see how patrons could really complain?

Oh well. Live and learn.
The bolded part is the problem right there.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: