Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #91
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
I really hate the clown pool. I am terrified of clowns and there's nothing appealing about going down a clown tongue slide or having to see him staring at me while I'm swimming! (<--- I laugh but I'm so NOT kidding!!).

Getting the Just Married buttons is a lot of work! If you aren't crazy about them, just get the the Happily Ever After ones! They're still fun and there's a possibility that there will be *new* Just Married buttons out by the time our weddings roll around.

We are going up this December. I'm not sure when yet but we want to try to go as close to our date as possible (12/22). Hopefully we can meet up!
Cool well we will be there we want to go and see all the christmas stuff and the decorations and all of that. it would be fun to do something christmas like together for sure. Have you given any thoughts to music for your ceremony or anything like that yet?

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #92
emoses
Earning My Ears

Hi love!!

Um excuse me, but you forgot to put in our slumber party Thursday night!! Anyway I think you could stay at Boardwalk or Beach Club, they're close enough that you could easily just ride over there and get ready. But I guess you don't like the Boardwalk...Really?? It's one of my faves! And clowns are definitely not my favorite, but I don't really go to the pool anyway, I just love the hotel itself . You could take FMIL to downtown disney? Like to Rainforest or T-rex (Build a Dino!) and then do some shopping. But you might want something a little nicer, in which case...maybe the character breakfast at the Contemporary? Or tea at Grand Floridian like everyone suggested sounds nice! I like the second bouquet better actually, I think it's a little simpler and cute. Can't wait!!
emoses is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #93
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

Faith- I think both bouquets are goregous but I'm liking the green/pink in the first one.

Maybe you could find something at downtown disney to do for your FMIL's bday depending on what she likes. Maybe even ask her in a casual way if there is something she has always wanted to do at disney or what her favorite thing to do there is and plan accordingly. I'm sure whatever you come up with will make her feel special!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #94
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

Hey... I think u should stay at the beach club Bcuz u r already DVC members, that way u can save money .. Plus u said u will b having 2 cars & also u can take the boat over 2 the swan & dolphin resort... I like the idea of the tea garden & downtown disney 4 ur FMIL.. i also like fulton crab house... I like the whimpsy flowers bcuz i like everything bold ... These r just my 2 cents on things.. whatever u decide will b perfect 4 u!!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #95
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Mr. and Mrs. Exit Ideas!

Hello ladies!!

I am an active member on the Knot (great wedding planning tools!) and saw that one of the girls on my local board posted that she was going to use "Wedding Poppers" for her exit after her and her DH were announced and leaving to go to the reception:

I did a little Googling and fell in love. Here's a picture:

Doesn't it look fun? I think it would make for some cheery pictures too.

Then I got to thinking... you all know that I am a self-professed glitter lover ... I would absolutely love it if everyone threw glitter at us. BUT, the voice of reason inside me says that this would be super messy and get everywhere (not a bad thing, IMO.. but FI might not like it.. ).

What does everyone think about the glitter-- too messy and crazy, or fun? What about streamers vs. glitter?

I've also emailed my beloved wedding planner to ask if either would be allowed so that clearly plays a role.

In other news, tomorrow (10/14) is our 1 Year Engagement Anniversary!! It's crazy to think that it's already been a year. This time next year we will be super close to the wedding!

I hope things are well with everyone! Thanks for reading along-- there isn't too much to read, I know, but I appreciate each of you!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 03-01-2014 at 02:15 PM.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #96
emoses
Earning My Ears

Yah!!!! Happy Engagement Anniversary!! One year ago I walked out of my Calculus exam and found the best news waiting for me!
Anyway I like the glitter, but I feel like it would stick to everything, including the guests and your dress. And who has to clean it all up off the street? lol I really like the streamers idea though!! Let me know what your WP thinks
emoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #97
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

GLITTER, GLITTER, GLITTER!!! I love that idea but i do have 2 say that it will get a bit messy (i cant believe i just said that being as though i just cant live without it )... the poppers r just as festive as the glitter.. it has that sparkle 2 it & not that messy... Great idea on the poppers
Old 10-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #98
tric8783
DIS Veteran

So exciting!! I agree with the previous ladies, even though I glitter, it will be everywhere! The rest of the day/night, you will keep finding glitter everywhere. haha

Even though you don't like the Boardwalk (so sad since it's one of our fav's too) haha, we just stayed there last week for our regular vacay, and our room was on the back facing the waterway between BW and S&D. The area of rooms on the DVC side looking at the Croquet Lawn is absolutely adorable, no clown pool in sight, you'd have a perfect view of the Swan... and we discovered, the rooms back there have stairs right to the service road/walkway , which would be super close for getting to the Swan. And your wedding morning you can wake up and look out at the Swan. Not sure where your ceremony is exactly, but if it is on the side of the Swan (between the S and the waterway), you would have a perfect view! Just a thought, I like cheesy stuff like that. haha I would definitely use DVC points rather than pay to stay, but that is IMO! :

As for FMILs birthday, how about looking into having a lunch at the Attic at the BW, or even the Captain's Grill at YC? Again, just my thought but if you are coming back to the area for rehearsal, I personally wouldn't want to plan something over in the MK area and feel rushed to get back. Or would you want to possibly rent a float boat and take your 10-12 guests to view Illuminations after your rehearsal for her birthday celebration? You can book one through recreation at the YC/BC, they seat 15 people and are between $300-400 I believe. We might get a DVC discount there as well! Something that would definitely be different and unique!

Looking forward to seeing what you plan!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #99
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Ooh, I've never seen those popper things before, they look super fun! I can just picture how awesomen the glitter toss would be, but I'd have to agree that it would be so messy. I know there are times when I somehow manage to get a single piece of glitter on my cheek (or something) and always find it so difficult to remove. I shudder to think of the clean up of that much glitter. Unless someone else was willing to clean it up for you... but then you'd still be covered in glitter, probably for days! Haha. But I do think it would look really lovely.
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #100
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoses View Post
Yah!!!! Happy Engagement Anniversary!! One year ago I walked out of my Calculus exam and found the best news waiting for me!
Anyway I like the glitter, but I feel like it would stick to everything, including the guests and your dress. And who has to clean it all up off the street? lol I really like the streamers idea though!! Let me know what your WP thinks
You're so sweet! Love you Lizzy!

Karen, the WP, said there are no restrictions on throwing but she did say glitter would be a pain for me as I'd be covered in glitter the rest of the evening and for pictures.. I guess I'll go with the streamers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
GLITTER, GLITTER, GLITTER!!! I love that idea but i do have 2 say that it will get a bit messy (i cant believe i just said that being as though i just cant live without it )... the poppers r just as festive as the glitter.. it has that sparkle 2 it & not that messy... Great idea on the poppers
I know.. I feel like I'm betraying glitter by deciding not to use it!! I'm going to use the poppers I think!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
So exciting!! I agree with the previous ladies, even though I glitter, it will be everywhere! The rest of the day/night, you will keep finding glitter everywhere. haha

Even though you don't like the Boardwalk (so sad since it's one of our fav's too) haha, we just stayed there last week for our regular vacay, and our room was on the back facing the waterway between BW and S&D. The area of rooms on the DVC side looking at the Croquet Lawn is absolutely adorable, no clown pool in sight, you'd have a perfect view of the Swan... and we discovered, the rooms back there have stairs right to the service road/walkway , which would be super close for getting to the Swan. And your wedding morning you can wake up and look out at the Swan. Not sure where your ceremony is exactly, but if it is on the side of the Swan (between the S and the waterway), you would have a perfect view! Just a thought, I like cheesy stuff like that. haha I would definitely use DVC points rather than pay to stay, but that is IMO! :

As for FMILs birthday, how about looking into having a lunch at the Attic at the BW, or even the Captain's Grill at YC? Again, just my thought but if you are coming back to the area for rehearsal, I personally wouldn't want to plan something over in the MK area and feel rushed to get back. Or would you want to possibly rent a float boat and take your 10-12 guests to view Illuminations after your rehearsal for her birthday celebration? You can book one through recreation at the YC/BC, they seat 15 people and are between $300-400 I believe. We might get a DVC discount there as well! Something that would definitely be different and unique!

Looking forward to seeing what you plan!
I love the idea of staying at BW with views of the Swan-- I guess I'm cheesy too because I love the idea of seeing it when I wake up that morning!! We are thinking that using DVC points is just smarter. Why pay when we don't have to, right?

I didn't even think of an Illuminations cruise!! Good idea! I also agree- keep the party local, I don't want to run around the World!

Thanks for all the good ideas, girlie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Ooh, I've never seen those popper things before, they look super fun! I can just picture how awesomen the glitter toss would be, but I'd have to agree that it would be so messy. I know there are times when I somehow manage to get a single piece of glitter on my cheek (or something) and always find it so difficult to remove. I shudder to think of the clean up of that much glitter. Unless someone else was willing to clean it up for you... but then you'd still be covered in glitter, probably for days! Haha. But I do think it would look really lovely.
You're right.. the glitter will be too messy and FI will hate me if I have him dowsed in glitter..

Thanks girls!! Hope to have a good update soon!
Old 10-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #101
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Hi! Yes, the engagement party went very well, the confession not so much...but oh well Life is funny. Thanks, I am super excited about the dress!
Old 10-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #102
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Oh my goodness, Faith--Sparkly things!!!

What about throwing sequins or metallic confetti? They wouldn't be as messy as glitter, but they're still sparkly!!!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #103
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Hello ladies!!

I just finished my midterms and now have time to get back into thinking about the wedding! This is just a mini-update, though, so don't get too excited.

I am an active member on the Knot (great wedding planning tools!) and saw that one of the girls on my local board posted that she was going to use "Wedding Poppers" for her exit after her and her DH were announced and leaving to go to the reception:

I did a little Googling and fell in love. Here's a picture:

Doesn't it look fun? I think it would make for some cheery pictures too.

Then I got to thinking... you all know that I am a self-professed glitter lover ... I would absolutely love it if everyone threw glitter at us. BUT, the voice of reason inside me says that this would be super messy and get everywhere (not a bad thing, IMO.. but FI might not like it.. ).

What does everyone think about the glitter-- too messy and crazy, or fun? What about streamers vs. glitter?

I've also emailed my beloved wedding planner to ask if either would be allowed so that clearly plays a role.

In other news, tomorrow (10/14) is our 1 Year Engagement Anniversary!! It's crazy to think that it's already been a year. This time next year we will be super close to the wedding!

I hope things are well with everyone! Thanks for reading along-- there isn't too much to read, I know, but I appreciate each of you!
Such a cute idea! Fun fun fun too. Being glitter obsessed I think this would make a wonderful addition to your big day! Plus your guests will love it.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:11 AM   #104
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtenayB View Post
Hi! Yes, the engagement party went very well, the confession not so much...but oh well Life is funny. Thanks, I am super excited about the dress!
Glad to hear it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
Oh my goodness, Faith--Sparkly things!!!

What about throwing sequins or metallic confetti? They wouldn't be as messy as glitter, but they're still sparkly!!!
I told you I have a glitter problem!! I'll look into the metallic confetti- that's a great idea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtenayB View Post
Such a cute idea! Fun fun fun too. Being glitter obsessed I think this would make a wonderful addition to your big day! Plus your guests will love it.
Thanks!! I hope we can use it or find something just as sparkly!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #105
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Engagement Picture Plans, Sand Ceremony Vase, and Bridal Party Decisions!

Happy Sunday ladies!

Engagement Picture Plans and Outfits

We are taking our Engagement Pictures on November 20th! We are so so excited. We are taking the pictures at our local Zoo (the place where we were supposed to have our wedding!). We decided we're going to have two outfits: a fun, themed outfit and a normal, casual outfit.

For our theme pictures, we decided to wear safari-esque attire! Max and I love dressing up (Halloween, Comic-con) and figured that this would make for some fun engagement pictures!

My safari attire is a simple belted green safari dress like this one:

I'm looking for lace up boots but I don't know where I'll find them! If I can't find them, I'll wear flats.

Max got this shirt which he will wear with khaki pants, boots, and belt:

He's also looking for a hat to complete his outfit!

As far as our normal pictures go, we are taking them at the park next to the zoo and will probably just wear jeans and nice shirts. Can you tell what set of pictures we're more excited about?

Our photographer is GREAT and I can't wait to see the pictures. They're shooting our wedding too!

Sand Ceremony Vase

In other wedding related news, we bought our Sand Ceremony Vase! I had a 50% off coupon at Michael's which meant this baby was $12!

We are going to get simple glass vases for the rest of the set. We aren't sure what color sand we want yet. Maybe coral and teal-- to match the S/D? I love coral and he loves blue so it might be a good combo!

Bridal Party

We debated for a long time on what to do about having a bridal party. Too many people would be offended by our choices and for a while we figured we'd have no bridal party. Then I got to thinking... "we get one wedding day and even if I have to step on some toes, I want certain people up there!" and so, we decided to have a Maid of Honor and a Best Man.

Elizabeth is my MOH and my best girlfriend. We became best friends our sophomore year of High School! We both love Disney, baking, movies, and just spending time together. She now lives in Colorado and I'm in Florida which is tough but we email, Skype, text, etc.

Patrick is Max's BM and brother. I've known Patrick for as long as I've known Max (obviously! ) and he's a lot of fun to be around. Max and Pat are pretty close so this was an easy choice for Max!

Neither have been officially asked.. as in with cards and presents but I did ask Liz and well, Max didn't ask Pat yet but we're sure he knows it's a given.

Next up is to decide on their attire!

Max also has a sister who is a talented musician and we are thinking of having her play UP's "Married Life" song on the ukulele as we exit.

Not Wedding Related Updates

We are going to visit Mickey!! We are booked at POP Century for November 11- November 13!

Friday: Max doesn't get off work until 5:30 so we'll stop to eat and then hit the road around 6ish. We'll probably get in around 8:30. Depending on how tired we are, we may go to the Festival of the Masters at DTD or we'll just go to the room.

Saturday: EPCOT! Food and Wine Festival! Woohoo!

Sunday: the Festival of the Masters (Max and I LOVE Disney art) and home!

Other than our trip, I'll just be doing homework!

Thanks for reading along everyone!

PS. Have YOU joined the Official DISbrides Facebook group yet??
http://www.facebook.com/groups/121343941308603/

Last edited by MrsDuck; 03-01-2014 at 02:15 PM.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: