Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #31
emoses
Earning My Ears

Talking

Yah!!! I'm so excited I made an account, and subscribed to your thread. Can't wait to hear all about the new plans!!

~Liz
emoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #32
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoses View Post
Yah!!! I'm so excited I made an account, and subscribed to your thread. Can't wait to hear all about the new plans!!

~Liz
Hi lovie!! I'm so happy you're here! The DIS is great- you will love it! Go explore the boards!
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #33
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Yay, you made a PJ! It is nice to see another crescent terrace bride I love your engagement story and dress. I've never been to jelly rolls but now I'm gonna have to check it out, I hear the dueling piano bar next door is a ton of fun too.

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #34
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Everything looks so amazing!

Can't wait to follow along
mebbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #35
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Yay, you made a PJ! It is nice to see another crescent terrace bride I love your engagement story and dress. I've never been to jelly rolls but now I'm gonna have to check it out, I hear the dueling piano bar next door is a ton of fun too.
Thanks so much!! Us Crescent Terrace brides need to stick together!

Actually, Jellyrolls is the dueling piano bar! It looks fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
Everything looks so amazing!

Can't wait to follow along
Thanks!

Hope everyone has a very nice Sunday! I will be updating early in the week!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #36
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Hiya!

Your dress is beautiful and you look fabulous in it, great choice.

I'm also jealous of your hair lol I wish mine was that long but it just wont grow! xx
Old 09-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #37
NicknNancy
Mouseketeer

Everything looks great Faith!!! Can't wait to read more!
NicknNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #38
wiserabbit
Addicted to Pixe Dust

Joining in - first of all CONGRATS!!!! You two are a precious couple - you look totally in love...

The plans are coming along nicely - and the locations will be great - the dress is really special - love that it's not a "cookie cutter" dress - and the shoes - you are very wise to pick flats!!

Looking forward to following along .....
Old 09-13-2011, 07:42 AM   #39
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Hiya!

Your dress is beautiful and you look fabulous in it, great choice.

I'm also jealous of your hair lol I wish mine was that long but it just wont grow! xx
Thank you!!

I love my hair but sometimes it's just a big ol' pain to brush! I honestly think my hair has gotten so long because I take a ton of vitamins!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicknNancy View Post
Everything looks great Faith!!! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks Nancy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiserabbit View Post
Joining in - first of all CONGRATS!!!! You two are a precious couple - you look totally in love...

The plans are coming along nicely - and the locations will be great - the dress is really special - love that it's not a "cookie cutter" dress - and the shoes - you are very wise to pick flats!!

Looking forward to following along .....
Thanks for your sweet words!! And I was not about to wear heels! I'm clumsy and 5'10".. certainly don't need heels!

Thanks for reading everyone! An update will be coming along shortly!!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #40
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Floral/Decor Inspiration + Wedding Bands AND Disney Store Swag!

Happy Tuesday ladies!

So this morning I had my whole update written and I went to post it only to discover I was logged out! So here is take two (which never seems to be as good as the first time you write something!):

Today I want to share my floral/decor inspiration!

Out of all the bouquets Karen sent me to choose from I picked a gorgeous pink and white rose bouquet. Here it is!:

We also ordered:
1. Max's bout.
2. Two Father bouts.
3. Two Mother corsages

I'm assuming the extra floral will compliment my bouquet!

Next up is the arch.. we asked for the arch and the "large floral swag"--again, I'm assuming this will match my bouquet? I found two arches thanks to our very own Swan bride, Jennifer.. thanks for the great pictures/thread!

Anyone know which is the "standard" arch?

Is it this one?

Or.. option #2:

Then, we asked for...
1. an ivory aisle runner-- I have no clue where the "aisle" is at Crescent Terrace but I needed an aisle runner. Actually, my mom insisted.
2. Rose petals covering the aisle.

Finally.. my favorite part!:
As some of you may know, the Garden Grove (our reception site) has big paper lanterns hanging from the tree in the middle of the dining room. I thought it would be fun to incorporate paper lanterns into our ceremony! We will hang them off the chairs that line the aisle. I plan on adding a pink ribbon (to match my flowers) to the lantern.

Here is a very bad picture of them hanging off my kitchen chairs!

Here is a picture of them from the website (which is much better!):

I got a great deal on the lanterns!! I'm an active member of the Knot (wedding planning website) and one of the girls on my local board used these lanterns at her wedding and decided to sell them. I got 12 lanterns for $5! The website wanted $16 per lantern!! I'm very pleased with my purchase!

We don't plan on decorating at the Garden Grove. It's pretty enough and I don't want to mess with it!

I know it's all fairly standard but I'm excited to see it all come together!! Honestly, I'm happy I don't really need to make any tough floral or decorating decisions as it just seems stressful!

In other news.. we picked out our wedding bands!!

I know it's early but I had been eyeing mine for about a year. Max said "let's just buy it!".. so we did! The ring now lives in our safety deposit box! Here she is (before it was sized!):

We didn't buy Max's wedding band but he knows exactly what he wants: yellow gold, plain, 4mm band! Here's his "inspiration" picture for it!:

I also decided that I needed to own the "official" Disney Bride t-shirt! I had free shipping so I ordered it off of the Disney Store's website yesterday!

I can't wait to get it!

Finally, I got a little carried away at the Disney Store in my mall recently...

I LOVE the new Designer Princess Collection, but I'm really not crazy about the dolls (the concept art for them looks so much better, IMO!) SO.. I bought all the cups they had...

I'm missing 4. Hopefully I can get the rest!!

I hope everyone is having a great week!! Thanks for reading along!

Next Update: Hair and Make-Up Inspiration!!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #41
emoses
Earning My Ears

I love it all!!! the bouquet is beautiful and I love the lantern idea! So thrifty you are! The ring suits you really well, and I love the ones that fit around the engagement ring, so classy. The t-shirt is super cute too! Never seen these cups though, I'm so out of the loop out here! I want!!

Can't wait for more!!

~Liz
emoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #42
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Oh wow! You did have fun at the Disney store. I only bought the Belle mug--- and the Belle doll. But Belle is my homegirl, so that's my excuse. Oh, and I bought the notecards and the clutch... I think we have similar problems!!!

GREAT deal on the paper lanterns! That is such a steal! Your ring is very pretty, and so is your bouquet.

And I agree, I do like how easy this whole destination wedding thing is--- although, it sounds like your WP gives a bit more suggestions than the Disney planners. (Which is fine, as I was headstrong and knew just what I wanted, and my planner is also obsessed with daisies! Win!) Keep up the updates, Faith. :D

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #43
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

Welcome All ur plans are coming along nicely It is great 2 hear another bride that likes sparkles Keep the updates coming
Old 09-14-2011, 04:29 PM   #44
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Faith sweetie - Everything is coming along nicely!! Karen is great to work with isn't she? It sounds like you are easier to deal with than I was when it comes to floral!! I was so very specific about what I wanted for everything (my bouquet, DD's posy, the men's bouts, decor etc), that Karen must have had it etched in her head!! So much so, that when our floral arrived on the day of the VR, and she didn't think that it quite matched my vision, she sent it back to have adjustments made!!! She so understood my dream and made sure I got it!! I absolutely adored my floral, and it was everything I wished for!!! Karen is definitely a planner who knows her job and is not afraid to do it!!!
I absolutely love the lantern idea!! It will look so pretty!!
Sorry I can't help with the arch questions, but we didn't have one - we had pillars and urns. Make sure that Karen knows that the men's bouts etc and the arch floral should reflect your bouquet. She will make sure they do, if that's what you want!!! I would be reluctant to assume anything, sweetie. If Karen knows your vision in detail, she will deliver it!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #45
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Oh wow! You did have fun at the Disney store. I only bought the Belle mug--- and the Belle doll. But Belle is my homegirl, so that's my excuse. Oh, and I bought the notecards and the clutch... I think we have similar problems!!!

GREAT deal on the paper lanterns! That is such a steal! Your ring is very pretty, and so is your bouquet.

And I agree, I do like how easy this whole destination wedding thing is--- although, it sounds like your WP gives a bit more suggestions than the Disney planners. (Which is fine, as I was headstrong and knew just what I wanted, and my planner is also obsessed with daisies! Win!) Keep up the updates, Faith. :D
I told you I went a little crazy!! We are one in the same.. just different purchases!

Thanks! I'm so pumped about my lanterns!

It's awesome when your planner is a fan of what you like! I'm happy to hear the suggestions as sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in the wedding world but I'm sometimes headstrong too about certain issues that haven't come up yet! Hopefully my planner won't hate me when this is all over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
Welcome All ur plans are coming along nicely It is great 2 hear another bride that likes sparkles Keep the updates coming
Hi!! Thanks for joining! I love sparkles-- it's kind of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Faith sweetie - Everything is coming along nicely!! Karen is great to work with isn't she? It sounds like you are easier to deal with than I was when it comes to floral!! I was so very specific about what I wanted for everything (my bouquet, DD's posy, the men's bouts, decor etc), that Karen must have had it etched in her head!! So much so, that when our floral arrived on the day of the VR, and she didn't think that it quite matched my vision, she sent it back to have adjustments made!!! She so understood my dream and made sure I got it!! I absolutely adored my floral, and it was everything I wished for!!! Karen is definitely a planner who knows her job and is not afraid to do it!!!
I absolutely love the lantern idea!! It will look so pretty!!
Sorry I can't help with the arch questions, but we didn't have one - we had pillars and urns. Make sure that Karen knows that the men's bouts etc and the arch floral should reflect your bouquet. She will make sure they do, if that's what you want!!! I would be reluctant to assume anything, sweetie. If Karen knows your vision in detail, she will deliver it!!!
Hi Jo!

Your floral was gorgeous! I showed my mom your bouquet and she about hit the floor!! Karen is the BEST. I'm so happy I get to work with her! I'll definitely tell her I'd like it all to match.

Thanks for reading along everyone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: