Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2011, 05:44 AM   #151
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Faith sweetie - Just catching up!! Looks like you had an amazing trip!!! I have only been to the F & W Festival once and loved it!!!
The Art of Animation buildings look like they are coming along really nicely!!
Love the Minnie London sweatshirt!!! Have you been over here in the past then?

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #152
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Love the signpost Vinylmation!

Great mini TR.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #153
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Faith sweetie - Just catching up!! Looks like you had an amazing trip!!! I have only been to the F & W Festival once and loved it!!!
The Art of Animation buildings look like they are coming along really nicely!!
Love the Minnie London sweatshirt!!! Have you been over here in the past then?
Hi Jo!

I've been to England 3x and absolutely adore it! We've only been to London and a few of the surrounding areas so the next time we go I'd like to visit the countryside!

I keep telling Max that we need to move to England and I think he's strongly considering it! We don't know how the legal/visa process would work but we would like to spend some time there that isn't just for vacation! Seriously, it's one of my most favorite places to be. I am a Tudor history buff so I really love to go soak in the historic sites which I'm sure are just tourist attractions to you (the Tower, Hampton Court, etc)

We're hoping to get back after the wedding and before kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Love the signpost Vinylmation!

Great mini TR.
Thanks Claire!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 11-15-2011 at 08:13 AM.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #154
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Oh wow, this looks like such a fun trip! DF and I have stayed at Pop a bunch of times due to being poor college kids. I really like it too--- it's clean, and it's a room, and that's all that really matters! (Well, this is what I tell myself... but we are certainly not staying at Pop for our honeymoon.)

I'm sorry the Festival of the Masters wasn't nearly as awesome as you thought it would be!

And, just a quick note: I'm also a huge Tudor buff, but I haven't been to England. You'll probably appreciate this--- I bought a signed copy of Philippa Gregory's new book over the weekend! I was quite excited.

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #155
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post

I've been to England 3x and absolutely adore it! We've only been to London and a few of the surrounding areas so the next time we go I'd like to visit the countryside!

I keep telling Max that we need to move to England and I think he's strongly considering it! We don't know how the legal/visa process would work but we would like to spend some time there that isn't just for vacation! Seriously, it's one of my most favorite places to be. I am a Tudor history buff so I really love to go soak in the historic sites which I'm sure are just tourist attractions to you (the Tower, Hampton Court, etc)

So sorry for "creeping" on your conversation with someone else, but I just wanted to say that I "lived" in England for 3 months when I studied abroad and it was amazing! I was in Oxford and I loved it. Since I was living there I got to experience both the tourist side of things but also felt like I lived there, so that was really nice. Oxford was an amazing place, I would love to go back someday. I think that if I wouldn't miss my family so much I would move to England in a heartbeat.

I know the legal/visa issues can be pretty tricky. My friend has been living in France for over a year now but she gets so stressed with that stuff. Hopefully you can figure it out, that would be amazing to live in England for awhile!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #156
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
So sorry for "creeping" on your conversation with someone else, but I just wanted to say that I "lived" in England for 3 months when I studied abroad and it was amazing! I was in Oxford and I loved it. Since I was living there I got to experience both the tourist side of things but also felt like I lived there, so that was really nice. Oxford was an amazing place, I would love to go back someday. I think that if I wouldn't miss my family so much I would move to England in a heartbeat.

I know the legal/visa issues can be pretty tricky. My friend has been living in France for over a year now but she gets so stressed with that stuff. Hopefully you can figure it out, that would be amazing to live in England for awhile!
Ok now I am the creeper. I love london and englad in general. I have only been once but I can not wait to go back! I love the feeling of the country and I would totally move there! I can't wait to go back I kinda wish we were going for our honeymoon.

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:13 AM   #157
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Oh wow, this looks like such a fun trip! DF and I have stayed at Pop a bunch of times due to being poor college kids. I really like it too--- it's clean, and it's a room, and that's all that really matters! (Well, this is what I tell myself... but we are certainly not staying at Pop for our honeymoon.)

I'm sorry the Festival of the Masters wasn't nearly as awesome as you thought it would be!

And, just a quick note: I'm also a huge Tudor buff, but I haven't been to England. You'll probably appreciate this--- I bought a signed copy of Philippa Gregory's new book over the weekend! I was quite excited.
We've stayed at our fair share of "Poor College Kid" hotels! Including some scary off property ones.. but hey, still got to the World so it was worth it! Now that DFi has an "adult" job we splurge a little.

Ahh!! I love Philippa Gregory! My mom keeps asking if I want the new book for Christmas. It's awesome you got it signed! Too cool!! She's a fantastic author. The Boleyn Inheritance is my favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post

Creep away!! I love it!

AHH! That's so cool. I would've loved to study abroad but didn't have time. It sounds like you had an awesome experience.

Yeah, it'd be really hard to leave my parents if we did decide to move, so that is a disadvantage. We do hope that maybe we can spend a year there sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
Ok now I am the creeper. I love london and englad in general. I have only been once but I can not wait to go back! I love the feeling of the country and I would totally move there! I can't wait to go back I kinda wish we were going for our honeymoon.

Teresa
More creepers! I love you all-- we're all too alike.

I wish we were going there for our honeymoon as well but I know we'd freeze (I don't handle the cold well.. ) and flights are just so expensive, especially over Christmas. We're hoping one Spring break or summer we can have a Honeymoon Pt. 2 there!
Old 11-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #158
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Hi Jo!

Thanks Claire!
Faith sweetie
On your next visit to England, come stay with us!!! We live in a 300 year old cottage with open fires. It gets very cold in the winter so either come in the summer or bring plenty of warm clothes!!! We live in the beautiful Lake District and are within easy distance of Scotland (about 30 miles from the border and 110 miles from Edinburgh). I really mean it - I would love to have you come to stay!!!
I am a Tudor buff too, particularly Anne Boleyn. I love the Tower, Hampton Court etc. any excuse to visit them!!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #159
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Hi Faith, sorry it's been such a long time since I posted. I've requested you as a friend on FB.

Sounds like you had a great time during your trip. Btw I love POP, I think the theming is fab, you've got some great shots of the Art of Animations resort. I forgot to take pics when we went because I was too busy staring at it. It's going to be awesome when its complete.

I'm with you on Captain EO. We saw it for the first time and I think I can live without seeing it again

If you want to live in England we can swap? I wouldn't mind living where you are for a little while

Looking forward to reading more xx
Old 11-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #160
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

It looks/sounds like u had an awesome time! Bye the way u have great tatse in men
Old 11-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #161
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Faith sweetie
On your next visit to England, come stay with us!!! We live in a 300 year old cottage with open fires. It gets very cold in the winter so either come in the summer or bring plenty of warm clothes!!! We live in the beautiful Lake District and are within easy distance of Scotland (about 30 miles from the border and 110 miles from Edinburgh). I really mean it - I would love to have you come to stay!!!
I am a Tudor buff too, particularly Anne Boleyn. I love the Tower, Hampton Court etc. any excuse to visit them!!!!
I just had to comment! That sounds so beautiful, you seem to be in a great location! I've never been to England but I can picture it perfectly.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #162
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Faith,
would you mind sharing what your budget looks like for eating at garden grove I am trying to figure out how for like 60 people you are able to stay under or around 10,000.

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:00 PM   #163
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Faith sweetie
Jo, you are too sweet! That sounds absolutely GORGEOUS! I have a friend who is going to school in Edinburgh who says Scotland is just as beautiful as England. I really hope we get to go sometime soon! I may have to take you up on your offer simply because I'd love to meet you in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Hi Faith, sorry it's been such a long time since I posted. I've requested you as a friend on FB.

Sounds like you had a great time during your trip. Btw I love POP, I think the theming is fab, you've got some great shots of the Art of Animations resort. I forgot to take pics when we went because I was too busy staring at it. It's going to be awesome when its complete.

I'm with you on Captain EO. We saw it for the first time and I think I can live without seeing it again

If you want to live in England we can swap? I wouldn't mind living where you are for a little while

Looking forward to reading more xx
Art of Animation will be incredible! I'm so excited!

And, about EO! It was... interesting to say the least!

Yes yes! Let's swap! Let me know when you want a house in FL and we'll just flip flop! So NOT kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
It looks/sounds like u had an awesome time! Bye the way u have great tatse in men
We did! He treats me like a princess and is just too amazing. Those big brown eyes aren't too bad to look at either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
Faith,
would you mind sharing what your budget looks like for eating at garden grove I am trying to figure out how for like 60 people you are able to stay under or around 10,000.

Teresa
Hey girlie! I will type it up and post it in a few minutes!
Old 11-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #164
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Current Budget!

I've been meaning to post my current budget but Teresa's request helped me to actually do it!

Below is our current budget. It does not include my dress (gift from grandma), Max's attire, favors, DIY projects, or our honeymoon.

We also need to add about $150 to the total for our bridal party's floral.

I'm SO pleased with our budget. We are getting EVERYTHING we want for LESS than our budget! My parents are paying for our wedding () and they gave us $10k. Although they told us they'd bump it up to $12k if we needed it, we wanted to make this as affordable as possible for my parents who are already being so generous.

I'd love to do a DP for our rehearsal but that's up to Max's side. Cross your fingers for my DP, ladies!

I hope this can help future S/D brides or girls who are torn between DFTW and S/D!!

Feel free to ask any questions or correct my math as it certainly is NOT my strongest subject! I will update this as we make changes.

Current Budget
Swan base site fee: $1,595
Includes:
-ceremony site
-professional coordinator
-seating for guests
-rain backup
-a water station set up at the ceremony site
-hospitality suite to get read on the day of the wedding (if available)
Officiant: $300
Floral total: $1,200. See this post for a breakdown!
Videographer for four hours: $825
Violinist for one hour: $225
Photography team for 10 hours (From home!): $2,799
Garden Grove dinner buffet for 60 people: $29.99/pp. + tax, beverage, and gratuity (probably $50/pp)
**We get a 20% discount at the Garden Grove because we’re DVC members so that will bring the total down to approx. $40/pp.**
Cake: $350 (approximate)
Jellyrolls: $600 (for 60 guests)
Goofy and Pluto: included at Garden Grove!

Total: $9,529 **not correct total! Working on calculating!**

We are taking our engagement pictures this Sunday-- I'll let you know how they went and post pictures when I get them! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 10-30-2012 at 01:23 PM.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #165
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your budget! Even though my wedding is over I can just imagine how helpful it is to other brides to see this! I can relate to your budget even though my wedding was at home because we also had about $10k to work with. Looks like you're making excellent use of it, I love your plans!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: