Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Real Disney Princess
One Ear Earned :-D

Feeling Depressed: It's only been 4 hours!

Hi, everyone. I am a huge WDW fan and FL resident, visiting since I was two. Now as a teen, my parents and I visit all the time!

We just finished a wonderful trip to the Contemporary. Got home a few hours ago, and I'm still crying! Here at home, I only have a few friends and a sucky, boring life. At Disney, I let go, be myself and am carefree. I am also friendly with CM's there! The problem is, WDW IS MY HOME. So when we go to our HOUSE, I feel depressed.

I'm the girl who looks at the clock and thinks. For an example, yesterday, I was enjoying a monorail ride at this time. I also get upset over so many things. Like, if I feel hurt for someone was mean, I think, if I was in Disney, this would have never happened.

So anyway, I need some nice words of encouragement. BTW, I am returning in Dec., but that feels lightyears away.
Real Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
mimiloveswdw
Proud Hufflepuff

It's ok!! I got back a little over two weeks ago and I'm still going "three weeks ago, I was in Magic Kingdom." So I understand. Honestly, I am soo jealous you get to go back in December...I have to wait until August You should do a Trip Report! Basically you relive your trip and it's helping me through my Disney withdrawal...

Listen with your heart; you will understand. Let it break upon you like a wave upon the sand.
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
It means no worries for the rest of your days. It's our problem-free philosophy: Hakuna Matata!
Now I'm climbing the walls. But you don't notice at all...that I'm going out of my mind, all day and all night.
People do crazy things...when they're in love.
mimiloveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

I'm the same way l0l.
But I don't think you should cry because.. like you should be greatful that you had a great trip and had a fun time and that you're going back again in less than a year- some people don't get to do that. So intead of crying- be happy (:
I write trip reports here on the DIS so I can relive my trip!

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

MickeyisBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
Real Disney Princess
One Ear Earned :-D

Starting to feel better, but I can't believe 5 days went by so fast!! I am not too teary, cuz I am looking up what I want to do next, but if I start thinking hard about the food, the room, the rides, a few tears still stream.
Real Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #5
iluvStitch29
Mouseketeer

I know what you mean - I feel the same way all the time! I don't have many friends and I feel like an outcast at school more often than not - but when I'm at Disney I have this certain confidence about me and I just feel altogether more accepted.. What I like to do is scrapbook my trips from Disney - I take all of my pictures, put them on pages with cute little Disney stickers and stuff, and journal all of my wonderful experiences.. and count down to my next trip haha Sometimes I'll also just go onto youtube and watch videos of my fave rides at the parks.. I'm such a nerd, but that's just how I am Hope this helps.. Don't worry, everything will be ok.. we're all always here for you
POR - Thanksgiving '06 & May '11
DCL Magic - May '11
DCL Wonder - Feb. '12

iluvStitch29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
umichigan10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Disney Princess View Post
Hi, everyone. I am a huge WDW fan and FL resident, visiting since I was two. Now as a teen, my parents and I visit all the time!

We just finished a wonderful trip to the Contemporary. Got home a few hours ago, and I'm still crying! Here at home, I only have a few friends and a sucky, boring life. At Disney, I let go, be myself and am carefree. I am also friendly with CM's there! The problem is, WDW IS MY HOME. So when we go to our HOUSE, I feel depressed.

I'm the girl who looks at the clock and thinks. For an example, yesterday, I was enjoying a monorail ride at this time. I also get upset over so many things. Like, if I feel hurt for someone was mean, I think, if I was in Disney, this would have never happened.

So anyway, I need some nice words of encouragement. BTW, I am returning in Dec., but that feels lightyears away.
I broke down the night before my last day (about a week and a half ago) because I didn't want to come home to Rhode Island (stop by in winter and you'll get it) I don't go back until next July and I have a cold.miserable.winter ahead of me

So try to cheer up, look forward to your next trip (which isn't that far away in all reality) and take a picture of a palm tree for me in January

Oh, I also stayed at the Contemporary (Bay Lake Towers) and I too miss the Contemporary (where's my lake view ) So I know how you feel
2008 Saratoga Springs
2011 Bay Lake Tower
2012 April-All Star Music w/ band
2012 July- Bay Lake Tower

"Somethings wrong, shut the light, heavy thoughts tonight, and they aren't of Snow White"-an example of Metallica and Disney going hand in hand
umichigan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #7
mnlibzi
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. ♥ Bring back VMK ! Ooo 11:11, Make a Wish! ;)

Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow in a Land of Magical Immortal Unicorns (Minnesota)

Same... I just got back and the vacation didn't go well. (My sister got medically evacuated of the cruise ship (the Dream). And I feel like my vacation didn't really count. But there's no reason to be sad, your super lucky you get to go back really soon!

Upcoming Trips:
2011 Disney Cruise 5 Days ( Dream Ship ) August 16th to the 21th + 2 Days at Magic Kingdom

Go Glee!:D Go CHICO the Immortal Unicorn! Mr. Chicken Whaley the Whale! BANANA POWER! Magic makes Dreams come true. Wonder bringings a Fantasy to life.

♥ Disney Quotes are never forgotten. ♥ Gotta Love Disney!Magic KingdomEpcotHollywood StudiosAnimal KingdomLove Disney Forever
mnlibzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:31 PM   #8
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

I totally understand. I usually mope forever about Disney. People are afraid to mention the word around me, because either I will start blabbering about it or I'll get all sad. I remember the first week away from Disney I was thinking "At this time, just a few days ago, I was standing in Fantasyland watching Wishes!" or "I was just running through World Showcase barefoot!". What helped was being here and being able to relive it. I especially like doing that through writing a Trip Reports or Pre-Trip Reports and reading other people's Trip Reports. You then are reminded Disney is all about happiness and dreams, so you should never be sad when it involves that place. Don't be upset, just always remember the past trip with smiles and anticipate the new trip with excitement
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I understand. This is why I didn't listen to Summer Nights from Grease anymore until today. I don't want to wait until 2014 It's been almost two weeks since I got off my Disney Cruise and I miss my BFF.

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6 & 7/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13

WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #10
*♥Chip&Dale♥*
wibbly wobbly timey wimey

Know how u feel! We hadda leave WDW early because of this hurricane...everyone, even my parents, were upset we had to leave and havta wait till next year ):

Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun
*♥Chip&Dale♥* is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
depressed, leaving, sad, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: