Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

ABD backstage magic

Just listened to yet another Podcast regarding this ABD adventure. That's it! I can't take it! I'm gonna have to convince DP that this is a must do. I don't know what we'll do with our little ones but I'm going in the near future. I just have to.......
TinkerChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
SaraMc
DIS Veteran

I was on the last one and it was worth every penny . Will do it again for sure
SaraMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I was also on the last one (Hi Sara!) and couldn't agree more. I'm planning on doing other ABD trips in the future.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
KristEn87
I WILL be twirling around in a circle singing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!" Bonjour!

I'm right there with you! I'm loving listening to everyone tell their stories about the ABD Backstage Magic and all of the different experiences each of them have had. Unfortunately being a single mom with an almost 2 year old, I don't for see being able to do the Backstage Magic tour anytime soon. However, I do think a trip to Disneyland may be in the works for next year. My son is Addicted to watching the Disneyland Fun sing a long DVD. We watch it almost daily and I swear if I watch it one more time this week I'm hopping a plane to California!

KristEn87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
rchristiansen
DIS Veteran

Do it!! The ABD Backstage Magic tour is the best and in a very strange way, changed my life.

Not sure how old your kids are, but take them with you!!! Save up and take the kids. We brought our DD8 on the last one and it was the BEST vacation we ever took. She had a ball and really appreciated every detail. I couldn't imagine going without her.

It was worth every single penny we spent and then some. I would have paid double. It was AWESOME!

Also, after that trip we have decided that unless our vacation is at DL or WDW (or the cruise), it will be an ABD vacation.
rchristiansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #6
disney dog lover
Mouseketeer

It's was awesome. You can always leave your DP with the kids. You won't be alone for long! we will be going again too!
disney dog lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
I was also on the last one (Hi Sara!) and couldn't agree more. I'm planning on doing other ABD trips in the future.
Nikki, is that Kermit hands in your signature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchristiansen View Post
Do it!! The ABD Backstage Magic tour is the best and in a very strange way, changed my life.

Not sure how old your kids are, but take them with you!!! Save up and take the kids. We brought our DD8 on the last one and it was the BEST vacation we ever took. She had a ball and really appreciated every detail. I couldn't imagine going without her.

It was worth every single penny we spent and then some. I would have paid double. It was AWESOME!

Also, after that trip we have decided that unless our vacation is at DL or WDW (or the cruise), it will be an ABD vacation.
We have a 2 year old and 6 month old right now so it would be several years until I would be comfortable bringing them on the trip. Guess it's time to ask Grandma! Oh and burglarize a bank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristEn87 View Post
I'm right there with you! I'm loving listening to everyone tell their stories about the ABD Backstage Magic and all of the different experiences each of them have had. Unfortunately being a single mom with an almost 2 year old, I don't for see being able to do the Backstage Magic tour anytime soon. However, I do think a trip to Disneyland may be in the works for next year. My son is Addicted to watching the Disneyland Fun sing a long DVD. We watch it almost daily and I swear if I watch it one more time this week I'm hopping a plane to California!
I will switch with you! If I hear the hot dog song one more time this week, I think I might go coocoo
Old 08-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
TigerTown
runDisney addict!

I plan taking my wife for an anniversary present next year! Really looking forward to it.

W&D Half 2012
Dumbo Double Dare 2013, Jingle Jungle 5K 2013, W&D Half 2013
WDW Marathon 2014, Disneyland Half 2014, Avengers Super Heroes Half 2014
Dopey Challenge 2015
TigerTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #9
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Val & I will be doing one. We would have been on one of this years adventures, but other vacation plans had already been made. We are eagerly awaiting ABD setting the schedule for next year and then for DU to pick the dates.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #10
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Val & I will be doing one. We would have been on one of this years adventures, but other vacation plans had already been made. We are eagerly awaiting ABD setting the schedule for next year and then for DU to pick the dates.
Yeah!!!!! I am really excited you guys will be joining us on one of our adventures next year Jeff!!!!

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerChelle View Post
Nikki, is that Kermit hands in your signature?
Yes it is!!! It's a little joke our ABD group had going all during our adventure. It definitely shocked the Tower of Terror cast members!

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:46 AM   #12
TinkerChelle
Happy Mommy of 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Yes it is!!! It's a little joke our ABD group had going all during our adventure. It definitely shocked the Tower of Terror cast members!
I heard about it on the podcast....would have loved to have seen a whole group of people doing it at once.....too funny

Last edited by TinkerChelle; 08-14-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #13
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post
Yeah!!!!! I am really excited you guys will be joining us on one of our adventures next year Jeff!!!!
Just waiting on you John.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #14
mr. figment
Moving buddy? You can't be serious!

ABD is a great trip and when you add in the Dis factor, it becomes an even better trip. I was on the last one with Sara and Nikki and really had a awesome time. It's very much like a cruise, but with a smaller group where you get to know each other better in my opinion. We're looking forward to doing more.

I've never stood in the attrium of a cruise ship and did Kermit hands for my fellow cruisers. On the DisUnplugged/ABD trip I didn't care if everyone in the lobby of GC saw me do muppet hands to some of the other members of the group.

mr. figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #15
SaraMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. figment View Post
ABD is a great trip and when you add in the Dis factor, it becomes an even better trip. I was on the last one with Sara and Nikki and really had a awesome time. It's very much like a cruise, but with a smaller group where you get to know each other better in my opinion. We're looking forward to doing more.

I've never stood in the attrium of a cruise ship and did Kermit hands for my fellow cruisers. On the DisUnplugged/ABD trip I didn't care if everyone in the lobby of GC saw you do muppet hands to other members of the group.
Its true, it became our greeting, call etc. My sister and I were on the 4th floor balcony overlooking the lobby and did Kermit hands and everyone on or trip downstairs did it back at us.

Is it the 30th yet? Can they annouce the dates and trips for next year. I think I talked DH into coming on the next one!
( he loves Disney, he's just shy)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: