Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2011, 06:33 AM   #31
mikkiwikki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Last year I had surprised DBF that we were staying at the Yacht Club,
excited too, and have some anticipation ..

Waiting until the last moment sounds like fun too, but I honestly don't think I could hold out that long!!bus.

Nice ptr!

I too never have been able to do the surprise thing! I don't know how people do it
My Trippies:
2008 ThanksGiving TR POP-O-LICIOUS / CR Summer 2011 POLYTASTIC EXTRAVAGANZA
2011- Christmas in Orlando WindsorHills XtraVaGanZa
2012 - SUMMER POP & Windsor Hills
mikkiwikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:21 AM   #32
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Ahh! I love surprises for other people! Except that I'm horrible at keeping them a surprise... Hopefully you'll do better than me! Your plans are looking good so far
heathsf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #33
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Oops - Accidental post. Sorry!
heathsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:41 AM   #34
Oliquig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
Ahh! I love surprises for other people! Except that I'm horrible at keeping them a surprise... Hopefully you'll do better than me! Your plans are looking good so far
Thanks! And welcome MikkiWikki!
Old 08-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #35
Oliquig
Mouseketeer

Day Two Plans!

Onto Day Two!

The plan is to wake up early and go to our first park: Hollywood Studios! Now by we, I mean Noelle and myself as Nina has no interest in getting up that early.

So Noelle and I will get up dressed and fed by the resort's CS and hopefully off to HS in time for rope drop. Now here is where there is a choice, if Noelle wants to do TSM we will head over there and ride standby. If not we will head straight for ToT and RnR, Nina has no interest in any of these rides so it won't be a hardship for her to miss them.

By the time these are done I'm sure Nina will have joined us, so we will head out to do our favorites, Muppet Vision, The Great Movie Ride, and a new one, Animation Academy. We have seen Beauty and the Beast several times (touring, college, and high school versions), so we will probably skip this one, but we might hit The Little Mermaid.

We have a ADR for Sci-Fi (OOP) for lunch and will spend the afternoon trying to meet Phineas & Ferb, doing the Animation Academy again (Noelle loves to draw,) and hit the main drag for some window shopping. We’re hoping to get some of the yummy looking cupcakes from Starring Rolls, and I have to confess, I am a sucker for buckets filled with popcorn.

Whenever we feel we’ve had enough of park living, we plan to head on over to DTD for more shopping and an ADR at Raglan Road (DP.) I am really looking forward to this one, it is a late ADR so we can listen to music, and see the dancer.

I have a confession to make, up until a couple of years ago, I had no idea what bread pudding was. I assumed by the name that I wouldn’t like it because I was not a fan of pudding. A friend got it at a restaurant, and I tried it and yelled (in the middle of a restaurant) “Why didn’t anyone ever tell me that bread pudding is chopped up French toast!!!” My friends found that quite humorous, actually I’m pretty sure half the restaurant found it quite humorous too. So I am really looking forward to the bread pudding here, I’ve read (here on the boards) that it is awesome.

Then back to the room to prepare for the next day!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #36
MylilTink
Mouseketeer

I can not wait to ride ToT again!! It's, by far, the best ride ever! When we visited in 2010, the ride was a walk on all day... I literally rode it back to back 5 times. Hollywood Studios is my favorite park.

Surprise! You're going to Disney World for your birthday! January 8-13 2012 PTR Never Finished

9/25-10/01 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort (First Trip)
I've started my very first trip report! Never Finished
MylilTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:43 AM   #37
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your DHS day sounds great!! I really want to try one of the cupcakes from Starring Rolls too - don't forget that they close at 4, and the cupcakes do run out during the day!

Ohhhh the bread pudding from Raglan Road. . It's awesome. You're going to love it. It comes with these sauces (vanilla cream and butterscotch) that are amazing.
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:32 PM   #38
Oliquig
Mouseketeer

After 3+ days without power, the PTR does get buried!

just a quick pre update, I've started another project to surprise my niece with, a countdown calendar! I will of coure share pictures once its finished.

Noelle (my niece) started school this morning, she was not happy that it was with wet hair, since we still didn't have power. She is in fifth grade, so it is her last year at elementary school.

Here she is with her new teacher, general consenses among my co-workers is "Wow, her teacher is hot."

So its a busy time for me, off to Long Island for the long weekend, then the musical Wicked at our regional theater, plus I lead Noelle's Girl Scout troop and we start up the following week!

I do have the next installment almost done, so if anyone is still reading this, it should be up tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:53 AM   #39
Oliquig
Mouseketeer

Day Three Plans

On our third day the plan is... Future World in Epcot! That's right this year we are lucky enough to have two days in Epcot, so we plan to break them up. Once again Noelle and I will wake up early, with Nina joining us later. Its sounding like TT will be down for refurb while we are there, so we will most likely head over to Soarin'. The plan is to cross back to the other side and do Innoventions and M:S, the golf ball and Ellen's Energy. Then cross back to the Land and Seas in time for lunch at Sunshine Seasons. Then do the Nemo ride and Figment, hopefully do Soarin' again, as Noelle loves this ride. Somehow I have to figure out where the back door to Epcot is because dinner is going to be at the Cape May Cafe. We really do like crab legs, so we're hoping this place does not dissappoint. After dinner we will either head back to Epcot, or just back to the resort, depending on how tired we are.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:33 AM   #40
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Noelle looks so cute on her first day! I'm glad that you got power back finally!!

To get from Future World to the International Gateway (or, the back door of Epcot), go into World Showcase, and hang a right toward Canada and the U.K. Go through both, and instead of turning and walking over the bridge towards France, keep walking straight past the U.K. You'll see a gift shop on your right (I want to say it's called International Traders), and turnstiles. Go through the turnstiles, and on the left will be the boat landing for the Friendship boats that go between Epcot, Yacht & Beach Clubs (where Cape May Cafe is), the Boardwalk, Swan & Dolphin, and DHS. You can either take the boat to the Beach Club, or you can keep walking to the resort (not really that far a walk). The path will split - you can take either the lower or higher path. The Beach Club will be on your right, the blue first resort (Yacht Club comes second, it's gray).

Hope that wasn't much more complicated than you were looking for ! It's really very simple, you'll find it no problem!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #41
jkCT
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I'm reading! (and I'll try not to be my usual lurking self...must...speak...up...)

And hello from a fellow Connecticut resident!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #42
Oliquig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Noelle looks so cute on her first day! I'm glad that you got power back finally!!

To get from Future World to the International Gateway (or, the back door of Epcot), go into World Showcase, and hang a right toward Canada and the U.K. Go through both, and instead of turning and walking over the bridge towards France, keep walking straight past the U.K. You'll see a gift shop on your right (I want to say it's called International Traders), and turnstiles. Go through the turnstiles, and on the left will be the boat landing for the Friendship boats that go between Epcot, Yacht & Beach Clubs (where Cape May Cafe is), the Boardwalk, Swan & Dolphin, and DHS. You can either take the boat to the Beach Club, or you can keep walking to the resort (not really that far a walk). The path will split - you can take either the lower or higher path. The Beach Club will be on your right, the blue first resort (Yacht Club comes second, it's gray).

Hope that wasn't much more complicated than you were looking for ! It's really very simple, you'll find it no problem!
Thank you, I'm pretty sure that will get me there; Go through Canada and UK and if I hit France I've gone too far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkCT View Post
I'm here! I'm reading! (and I'll try not to be my usual lurking self...must...speak...up...)

And hello from a fellow Connecticut resident!
Great! Thanks so much, and its so neat to hear from a fellow Nutmegger!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #43
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Rachel!!! I'm joining in, found your link on another Jan '12 PTR! I LOVE that you are surprising them with POR! Try to hold out until the very end! I think you should wait until ME b/c lots of times they go to a few different resorts, they will be totally confused!

AND, I was looking through your plans and we are going to be at the same parks on your 1st and 2nd day (DHS & EP) how funny is THAT?!?!? Great minds think alike!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #44
Oliquig
Mouseketeer

Day Four Plans

So the big plans for day four are...NO PLANS! This is our mid-week no park day! WHAT!!! Some of you may say, but this is what works for us. If its nice enough we will swim, or head to DTD or BW or we may do some mini-golf.

At some point we will end up at the GF for our dinner at Citricos! Yum! This is the dinner where hopefully (ONE MORE SURPRISE) I will have a birthday cake made for Nina. We are really looking foward to this dinner, the pictures of the food look amazing. After dinner, we will poke around GF then head back to the resort. Hopefully fully rested for the rest of our trip.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #45
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

A no-parks day sounds like a nice plan! And Citricos sounds like a great dinner!

Tags
february 2012, friends, ptr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: