Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #16
PrincessTiffany
Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fastpasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
OK I'm confused... What is the actual price of the Memories Package w/ Free Dining? Is it just whatever the rack rate price of your room is plus tickets and the photobook? Or are there additional surcharges per night in order to have the package? We've never purchased packages before, but I don't see how the package would be a deal if you have to pay more on top of rack rate room prices.. are the tickets full price as well?

I'm sorry if I sound totally clueless... trying to figure out if this package is actually a good deal for a 4-night WL stay this December.
The memories free dining package is for August 28 - September 28 and has nothing to do with the FD promo that will be announced tomorrow for December. The new FD promo is not supposed to include the Memories Photobook.

With a free dining discount applied to a package at Wilderness Lodge you are getting the Basic/Plus Dining Plan for free. Your room and tickets are rack rate/full price. The Quick Service Plan is included at the value resort.

Price Example for 2 adults and 2 children for 5 nights at Wilderness Lodge with 5 day base tickets and the Basic/Pluse DDP:

Full Price: $3,468.80

W/ FD Discount: $2,899.00

In this example the FD discount would save you $569.80 vs. rack rate/full price. To get a quote for a FD discount, go to the WDW website and price out a Magic Your Way package that includes resort and tickets - do not include the price of the DDP - and that is the price of a FD package.

A FD discount is going to be different in every situation and family and every level of resort. We are a family of 6 and always get two connecting rooms at a value resort for about 8 nights. So a FD discount can save us upwards of $1,500.00 vs. rack rate/full price.

Last edited by PrincessTiffany; 08-02-2011 at 08:11 PM.
PrincessTiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #17
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Thanks for the info, Tiffany!

How did you come about those price estimates? We are two adults and will be there Dec 9-13. It looks questionable as to whether or not those dates will be blacked out for the FD, but do you imagine that it would be a good savings for us if FD is, in fact, available?

I appreciate your help!
GF- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF- December 2011, AKL & GF- February 2007, BWI- February 2006, AKL- February 2005, Polynesian- February 2004, WL & Polynesian- November 2002, BC- February 2002, CR- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #18
PrincessTiffany

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Thanks for the info, Tiffany!

How did you come about those price estimates? We are two adults and will be there Dec 9-13. It looks questionable as to whether or not those dates will be blacked out for the FD, but do you imagine that it would be a good savings for us if FD is, in fact, available?

I appreciate your help!
It's in the last 2 paragraphs in the above post :-) And, no those dates won't work. You would have to move your check in to December 11 or do a split stay (detailed in the first post of the thread).

You are welcome!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #19
PrincessTiffany

Giving this a Bump so maybe people will see this info before they join the CRAZY threads in the morning :-)

Okay, I'm going to bed. This post is going to EXPLODE in the morning. You only thought we had answered all the same questions, over and over and over and over . . . .

It will only get worse tomorrow. When applicable, post a link to this thread that lists the Free Dining Info & Guidlines. It might help with having to explain the same info continuously tomorrow:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2771101

Good luck! I hope everyone's Free Dining Dreams come true tomorrow!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #20
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTiffany View Post
Giving this a Bump so maybe people will see this info before they join the CRAZY threads in the morning :-)

Okay, I'm going to bed. This post is going to EXPLODE in the morning. You only thought we had answered all the same questions, over and over and over and over . . . .

It will only get worse tomorrow. When applicable, post a link to this thread that lists the Free Dining Info & Guidlines. It might help with having to explain the same info continuously tomorrow:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2771101

Good luck! I hope everyone's Free Dining Dreams come true tomorrow!
You better get some sleep because you need to be well rested tomorrow. I know what time zone you are in and it is late there! Only one more day and you are on vacation!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:32 AM   #21
PrincessTiffany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
You better get some sleep because you need to be well rested tomorrow. I know what time zone you are in and it is late there! Only one more day and you are on vacation!!!
Yippee!!! I'm going to bed now :-)
Old 08-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #22
PrincessTiffany

bump
Old 08-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #23
PrincessTiffany

Okay, I have updated the first post to include DDP upgrade amounts for 2012:

2012 Upgrade from the Quick Service DDP $34.99/$11.99 to Basic/Plus DDP $51.54/$15.02
$16.65 per adult 10+; $3.03 per child 3 - 9

2012 Upgrade from Quick Service DDP $34.99/$11.99 to Deluxe DDP $85.52/$23.79
$50.53 per adult 10+; $11.50 per child 3 - 9

2012 Upgrade from Basic/Plus DDP $51.54/$15.02 to Deluxe DDP $85.52/$23.79
$33.98 per adult 10+; $8.77 per child 3 - 9
Old 08-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #24
Goofypop
DIS Veteran

Mods, can we make this thread a Sticky?
Goofypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #25
BBH
Earning My Ears

It looks like I will need to do a split stay to qualify for free dining. I will need to make a 1 night room only, and then switch to a 7 night package with dining. My question is how early can I start using the dining credits on the first day of my package? I have a breakfast ADR for that day and I am wondering if the dining points will be available yet to me.

Thanks!
BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #26
PrincessTiffany

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBH View Post
It looks like I will need to do a split stay to qualify for free dining. I will need to make a 1 night room only, and then switch to a 7 night package with dining. My question is how early can I start using the dining credits on the first day of my package? I have a breakfast ADR for that day and I am wondering if the dining points will be available yet to me.

Thanks!
Your Dining Plan credits are valid from the moment you check in so there should not be any problem using those credis for your breakfast ADR :-)
Old 08-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #27
goofybabe
Mouseketeer

My travel agent is still on hold almost 2 hours I pray she can switch us back to Jan. with the free dining .My daughter will still be on Christmas break ,and I'll get a break on price at the Poly !
Old 08-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #28
tjmj9801
DIS Veteran

Well I found this thread by searching "split dining credits". My actually question, and I hope Tiffany knows since she's the Dining Goddess is:

Can you split a QS credit into snacks? If so, how many? I know about doubling TS credits for some places so I thought if they can be doubled, maybe they can be split. TIA!!
1/30/2011-2/6/2011-Saratoga Springs (First on-site stay!!)
Several previous trips (It's worth mentioning that I've become an on-site snob...)
tjmj9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #29
threvester
Mouseketeer

i have a question...i already have a free diningg stay booked but am now arriving in fla. one day early..can i add that day to the package and recieve free dining or do i have to get a room only for the night?
threvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #30
kerplop
Duck, duck, duck, duck GOOSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by threvester View Post
i have a question...i already have a free diningg stay booked but am now arriving in fla. one day early..can i add that day to the package and recieve free dining or do i have to get a room only for the night?
If your new check-in date falls within the discount dates you can just call to have them add that on to your reservation. If not, you will need to book a room only for one night and then continue on with your regular reservation.
Nov/Dec 2012 - Pop Century
Disneyland Vet (2-3 times a year 1979-2003)!
kerplop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: