Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #1531
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Row View Post
Yay for your school being over!! Congrats! I have a few more days to hold out. I took a 100 point forensics final today...praying I passed!! one down six to go....YUCK!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ONCE UPON A TIME!!!!
Any disney freaks out here....youd love it too!!
Trev and I watched all teh episodes together :] NowI am having to watch them alone.

Hi Row!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #1532
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! How's it going? Got all your Christmas shopping done? I think I've got mine done, but now just to pack! We were supposed to be moving tomorrow, but not until next Friday now. Oh well.

Has anyone tried ordering from the Disney Store online lately? I don't know if it's the time of year, but no matter what I try to order, they want to charge me at least $24 for shipping! I was going to order a bunch of ornaments cause they are on sale and they wanted $29.50 for shipping on a $44 order! Then I tried to do just a Vinylmation cause I thought maybe it's cause the ornaments are breakable, and it was going to be $24.50 shipping for a $12 Vinyl! I just don't get it! Is it cause it's Christmas?
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #1533
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Hey everyone! How's it going? Got all your Christmas shopping done? I think I've got mine done, but now just to pack! We were supposed to be moving tomorrow, but not until next Friday now. Oh well.

Has anyone tried ordering from the Disney Store online lately? I don't know if it's the time of year, but no matter what I try to order, they want to charge me at least $24 for shipping! I was going to order a bunch of ornaments cause they are on sale and they wanted $29.50 for shipping on a $44 order! Then I tried to do just a Vinylmation cause I thought maybe it's cause the ornaments are breakable, and it was going to be $24.50 shipping for a $12 Vinyl! I just don't get it! Is it cause it's Christmas?
It must be a christmas thing. I've ordered vinyls before and was charged only $8-ish for two vinyls. They used to have a free shipping over a certain amount. They may have stopped due to the christmas rush, though. I'm more worried about delivery day. I ordered a design your own watch for Miss Nae for a christmas present last friday and I haven't gotten the "it's shipped" email yet. I hope it gets here in time.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #1534
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

It says on the site that if you order by the 18th, you will get it by the 23rd, so if you've already ordered, it SHOULD get there on time. I live in Canada, so the free shipping never applies to me, and shipping is usually expensive, but not THAT bad. I guess I will wait until after Christmas and hope some of the ornaments are left.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:58 PM   #1535
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:

That is a crime. It has to be for Christmas.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:47 AM   #1536
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

As you can see, because I am upset about my wedding in Mexico probably not happening, my family thinks its a guilt trip. Welcome to the story of my life.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #1537
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

I've been done with school since Tuesday, Monkey's last day was yesturday and Miss Nae's is today. She has "extream school spirit" day today. Her and her buddies painted their faces in school colors, put their hair in pig tails wrapped in ribbon, and colored hair gel. They look fabulous and it's only the 5th grade.

that sucks about the no free shipping to canada, it's not like the package is going over the ocean. they should include our northern neighbors in the deal. I wonder if they exclude Alaska and Hawaii in the free shipping deals, too.

Sorry you can't have your wedding at your locale of choice. do you have a runner up place? Next year, my hubby and I are planning to re-new our vows and have a "real" party. When we got married, we had less than 10 guests and no party or honeymoon. So the re-new is the "big deal". I wanna do it at Disneyland and have Alice and the Hatter there instead of music (since I'm the only one who dances).
Old 12-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #1538
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
As you can see, because I am upset about my wedding in Mexico probably not happening, my family thinks its a guilt trip. Welcome to the story of my life.

I caught the guilt trip message on facebook. I'm sorry. This could work to your advantage. Have a small cheap local wedding and use that money to go on a nice honeymoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Mom View Post
I've been done with school since Tuesday, Monkey's last day was yesturday and Miss Nae's is today. She has "extream school spirit" day today. Her and her buddies painted their faces in school colors, put their hair in pig tails wrapped in ribbon, and colored hair gel. They look fabulous and it's only the 5th grade.

that sucks about the no free shipping to canada, it's not like the package is going over the ocean. they should include our northern neighbors in the deal. I wonder if they exclude Alaska and Hawaii in the free shipping deals, too.

Sorry you can't have your wedding at your locale of choice. do you have a runner up place? Next year, my hubby and I are planning to re-new our vows and have a "real" party. When we got married, we had less than 10 guests and no party or honeymoon. So the re-new is the "big deal". I wanna do it at Disneyland and have Alice and the Hatter there instead of music (since I'm the only one who dances).

I think having Alice and the Mad Hatter there would be a blast!
Old 12-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #1539
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I caught the guilt trip message on facebook. I'm sorry. This could work to your advantage. Have a small cheap local wedding and use that money to go on a nice honeymoon.
Actually, that's what we are thinking. My Dad feels bad about the whole thing, so he offered to maybe help us out in paying for a trip. We are actually considering Disney World in March. If that's the best time to go. We gotta do some looking. I have to go back to work at the end of April, so before that might be best.

I think we will just invite our parents and just do a city hall wedding. I never wanted anything big anyways. Mostly just wanted the fun vacation for everyone. Maybe this will work out and we can finally see the "other side"! I just showed my Dad the prices, so we will see.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #1540
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am pretty sure Chrissie said that she doesn't get free shipping either, and she is in Alaska. If she did, that wouldn't make sense, cause the package would have to fly over me to get to her, lol.

That sounds like such a fun day for your daughter!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #1541
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Actually, that's what we are thinking. My Dad feels bad about the whole thing, so he offered to maybe help us out in paying for a trip. We are actually considering Disney World in March. If that's the best time to go. We gotta do some looking. I have to go back to work at the end of April, so before that might be best.

I think we will just invite our parents and just do a city hall wedding. I never wanted anything big anyways. Mostly just wanted the fun vacation for everyone. Maybe this will work out and we can finally see the "other side"! I just showed my Dad the prices, so we will see.

When we got married we drove to Carson City, Nevada. My parents, my sister, her family and Scotty's mom and her male friend at that time came. It was simple and pretty.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #1542
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Have you heard of a group called Straight No Chaser? They are fantasic!! It's a male a capella group of 10. They are great!! I first saw them on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, then heard thier 12 Days of Christmas on the radio. I now own their Christmas Cheers cd and looked up thier webpage. They do "regular" songs, too. They guys that do the insturments sounds are great, my daughter thought they were real insturments.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #1543
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Have you heard of a group called Straight No Chaser? They are fantasic!! It's a male a capella group of 10. They are great!! I first saw them on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, then heard thier 12 Days of Christmas on the radio. I now own their Christmas Cheers cd and looked up thier webpage. They do "regular" songs, too. They guys that do the insturments sounds are great, my daughter thought they were real insturments.

Hmm I need to look for them.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:57 PM   #1544
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

six days till christmas. the kids are out of school (so is mommy). today, i cleaned out the fridge and actually cleaned the fridge. pulled out the crisper drawers and everything. I wasn't to bad, not great, but not bad. stayed in pjs all day and worked on our annual family movie a bit, too.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #1545
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
six days till christmas. the kids are out of school (so is mommy). today, i cleaned out the fridge and actually cleaned the fridge. pulled out the crisper drawers and everything. I wasn't to bad, not great, but not bad. stayed in pjs all day and worked on our annual family movie a bit, too.

I still have to finish shopping for my son and I am trying to find a puppy. I am having no luck at the puppy. Tomorrow should be better because a couple of the local shelters that weren't open today will be open tomorrow.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: