Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #61
LILOLO
I'm a little off.

I haven't used the ddp since 2010, but there was no appetizer offered then. Am I reading correctly that the 2012 plan now includes an app, entree, and dessert?! It was like that back in 2007 and I loved it!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #62
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILOLO View Post
I haven't used the ddp since 2010, but there was no appetizer offered then. Am I reading correctly that the 2012 plan now includes an app, entree, and dessert?! It was like that back in 2007 and I loved it!
Only the DELUXE Dining Plan includes apps...that's the $85 one that gives you 3TS, 2 Snacks a day plus a refillable mug.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2011, 08:13 PM   #63
summermac
DIS Veteran

I'm kind of in sticker shock over the price of the plan for 2012. Man, that just seems like a lot. I know it's still a good deal if you actually USE every thing on the plan of course. BUT I know in 2009, we had a heck of a time using everything up and left with a good many snack credits unused and even some QS credits.

We might forgo it for our May trip and see how we fare. My youngest eats like a bird and my oldest (who will only be 7 on the trip) sometimes does the same. Hmmm.....lots to think about now that I saw the price.

In 2009, if I remember correctly it was $39.99 per adult and $10.99 per child. I know that costs have risen but dang!
Jun 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2001 - offsite
May 1998 - All Star Music
summermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #64
Daphne W
Mouseketeer

What other restaurants are missing off the pamphlet that are usually included in the dining plan? I have all my ADRs booked and didn't even think twice about the places not being available on my dining plan.

DH Me: DD age 12: DS age 11: DD age 7:

1989 off site; 1990 off site; 1991 off site; 1992 off site; 1993 off site; 1994 off site; 2007 Pop Century; 2009 Port Orleans Riverside; 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Daphne W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #65
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne W View Post
What other restaurants are missing off the pamphlet that are usually included in the dining plan? I have all my ADRs booked and didn't even think twice about the places not being available on my dining plan.
"Most of them". It's pretty hard to list out.

Best bet would be to look at the 2011 brochure and compare that. Most, if not all, of the restaurants that participated in 2011 will likely be participating in 2012. In fact, in the history of the dining plans (since ~2005), only one restaurant has ever dropped out, and that was Fulton's after the first year.

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Cafeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #66
Daphne W
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
"Most of them". It's pretty hard to list out.

Best bet would be to look at the 2011 brochure and compare that. Most, if not all, of the restaurants that participated in 2011 will likely be participating in 2012. In fact, in the history of the dining plans (since ~2005), only one restaurant has ever dropped out, and that was Fulton's after the first year.
I'm not worrying about it because all of my ADRs are on the dining plan pamphlet on the Disney website. I really think people stree way tooooo early!

DH Me: DD age 12: DS age 11: DD age 7:

1989 off site; 1990 off site; 1991 off site; 1992 off site; 1993 off site; 1994 off site; 2007 Pop Century; 2009 Port Orleans Riverside; 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Daphne W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #67
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILOLO View Post
Look closely at the brochure. If it is for the regular plan, then beside "appetizer" it will say (guests age 3-9 only). A lot of persons who read the brochure miss this part and think the appetizers are included for everyone. Only on the deluxe plan do adult guests receive appetizers (for TS lunch and dinners only - appetizers not included with breakfast or CS meals)
Old 11-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #68
Sue (mom of 3 boys!)
DIS Veteran

When in December does the brochure typically get updated? We have an ADR at Teppan Edo for January 12th. When I was reserving it, there was a chart that said it was a sample of what credits can be used there. For the DDP, it showed none, but showed 1TS credit for lunch/dinner when on the Deluxe Plan.
I realize the plan is not final yet, but am debating whether to make a back up ADR somewhere else in case this stands true.

1972 WDW-off site, 1981 WDW-Poly, 1989 Big Red Boat & Contemp., 1994 WDW-WL, 2000 WDW-ASM & POR, 2002 WDW-ASMu, 2004 RCCL 4 nt, 2005-DCL 3nt Wonder, 2006 WDW-ASSp & RCCL 6nt Western, 2/2007 Universal and DCL 7 nt Eastern, 2/2009 Busch Gardens, Red Sox Spring Training and RCCL Independence of the Seas, 1/2012 mini stay at WDW and DCL Eastern cruise on the Magic--25th Anniversary trip with DH

Last edited by Sue (mom of 3 boys!); 11-05-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Sue (mom of 3 boys!) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #69
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue (mom of 3 boys!) View Post
When in December does the brochure typically get updated? We have an ADR at Teppan Edo for January 12th. When I was reserving it, there was a chart that said it was a sample of what credits can be used there. For the DDP, it showed none, but showed 1TS credit for lunch/dinner when on the Deluxe Plan.
I realize the plan is not final yet, but am debating whether to make a back up ADR somewhere else in case this stands true.

This is what is on the page:

Dining Plans Accepted
When you book your vacation, you can purchase a Magic Your Way Vacation Package that includes one of our Disney Dining Plans. Each plan offers certain meal entitlements that can be redeemed at select restaurants. For more information, please visit the Disney Dining Plans page

The table below gives a sample of what the entitlements are for most table-service meals at this restaurant when using your dining plan. Please refer to your specific dining plan to see what the entitlements are for this experience.
Disney Dining Plan Type Entitlements Used At Location
2011 2012
Breakfast Lunch Dinner Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Quick service dining plan — — — — — —
Dining plan — 1 1 — — —
Deluxe dining plan — 1 1 — 1 1
Premium dining plan — 1 1 — 1 1
Platinum dining plan — 1 1 — 1 1
The Skelly Celebration
You can expect it by mid to late December.

As far as the grid display, those are often incorrect. For instance it showed RFC on the DxDDP for 2011, when it certainly was not. It also did similar things with Via Napoli and a couple other restaurants.

Trust the brochure more than the website (which is quite backwards... but that's Disney for you).

It's highly unlikely that any restaurants will drop for 2012. It could happen, but given the history of the plan, only 1 has dropped since 2005 (Fulton's in 2006, after 1 year on the plan). I'd not worry about it and just double check once the brochure does come out.

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Old 11-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #70
SallyNeko21
Mouseketeer

I feel like the more I read the more confused I get about the Dining Plan. We are booked for next June and like a lot of you I'm waiting for the final list to be made in December. My ADR's become available the second week of December though. Does this mean that I will have to pay deposits anywhere in order to go ahead and secure my ADRs? Also, We are booked for the DxDDP so my dining credits for meals are good anywhere correct? Table or counter service? Its my choice. Or do I have a limited number of table service that I can do? Thanks so much in advance for your replies.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:46 AM   #71
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

You, DH, and DS will have 3 meal credits per person per night of your stay. You can use them at either TS or CS as you see fit (as long as the restaurant is on the plan).
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #72
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can make your dining reservations whenever you want.

The only prepaid meals are CRT and dinner shows, which are all operated by Disney and should be on the brochure now. You can book them now and only leave a credit card hold. If you are booking online, please make sure that the system is working correctly and it isn't charging you in full. If the online system wants to charge you in full and you are going to pay with a dining plan, you may need to make that reservation by phone.

At other meals (restaurants that have character meals, signature restaurants, and special packages like the Fantasmic package) you will be required to leave a credit card number as a guarantee that you will show up. If you don't cancel a day in advance and don't show up you will be charged $10 per person (but not until you don't show up for the meal). This is true whether you are on a dining plan or not.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #73
mom58
Earning My Ears

Restaurants for 2011 not on 2012 list

Can someone please help? I looked at the PDF for 2012, and I don't see La Hacienda de San Angel or Crystal Palace for the regular dining plan. Am I missing something?
mom58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #74
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom58 View Post
Can someone please help? I looked at the PDF for 2012, and I don't see La Hacienda de San Angel or Crystal Palace for the regular dining plan. Am I missing something?
Crystal Palace is Disney-owned and is on there. It's labeled as "A Buffet with Character at The Crystal Palace (B,L,D)" and it's down between Tony's and CRT. I almost missed it too when checking .

Hacienda is not Disney-owned and is not yet on the 2012 brochure for the reasons explained above. I would certainly expect them to sign up again for 2012.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #75
mom58
Earning My Ears

So restaurants may be added before the year actually starts?
mom58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: