Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #31
glassslipper2004
DIS Veteran

Thanks Kevin!
1980; 1990 - WDW - college graduation; 1993 - WDW - Grand Floridian honeymoon trip; 2003 - WDW - (offsite) first time with our girls - we celebrate DH's birthday; 2004 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge; 2006 - WDW - (offsite) and we again celebrate DH's birthday; 2006 - Disney Wonder 4-night cruise; 2007 - Disney Wonder Cruise and WDW Yacht Club -- fun at Stormalong Bay!; 2008 - Viva Italia ABD; 2009 - Disney Hollywood Studios; 2009 - Southwest Splendors ABD; 2010 - Israel; 2010 - Paris/London; 2011 - Disney Dream, Poly and Beach Club

Upcoming: August 2013 Med cruise
glassslipper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #32
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaster View Post
Hi Kevin! I'm a new DVC member and was wondering if the point chart for ABD will be coming out at the same time as the new itineraries are released at the end of August? Thanks!
DVC points charts are handled by DVC Member Services. You can call them or look on the dvcmember.com website. Travel agencies won't have that info.
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #33
Icemann
Dis Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Australia & Tasmania - North Queensland, Ayers Rock, Sydney, Tasmania
Were do I sign Thanks for the early good news
Icemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #34
Rat-a-too-ee
Mouseketeer

You're the best, Kevin! Thanks for all of the info.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #35
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

We are also waiting for a Hawaii ABD trip. Any chance it will be announced, or has everything already been released?

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #36
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
We are also waiting for a Hawaii ABD trip. Any chance it will be announced, or has everything already been released?
There is no specific Hawaii ABD trip planned for 2012.

ABD did work with the folks at Aulani (Disney's newest resort on the Island of Oahu) to develop "ABD Like" tours for guests staying at the resort.

Kevin and I had the chance to take a hard hat tour of the resort and learned about some of the tours offered as well ther cool stuff about the resort.

If you have some time check out our podcast from that trip located here - http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/archives.htm - it's the 7/21 podcast.

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #37
adambomb85
Earning My Ears

Wow - Greece! My Fiance and I were planning to take the traditional Australia AbD for our honeymoon, but now with this addition (and the new Australia and Tasmania) this is going to make our decision a lot more difficult - a good problem to have!

Can't wait for the details about these upcoming trips - and to potentially work with Disney Dreams Unlimited
adambomb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #38
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn View Post

ABD did work with the folks at Aulani (Disney's newest resort on the Island of Oahu) to develop "ABD Like" tours for guests staying at the resort.

Kevin and I had the chance to take a hard hat tour of the resort and learned about some of the tours offered as well ther cool stuff about the resort.

If you have some time check out our podcast from that trip located here - http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-podcast/archives.htm - it's the 7/21 podcast.
When we were on SWS a couple of weeks ago our guide Tiffany told me that Mike Cooke (our fantastic guide in Alaksa and from SWS or Costa Rica for some of you) has left ABD and taken a job at Aulani. John, do you know if he is involved with excursions at the resort?

Last edited by Bobo912; 07-30-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #39
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

Waa! I was really hoping for a Hawaiian ABD in 2012... I wonder what the cost would be to do it on my own & do the excursions vs doing it with ABD?

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #40
tufbuf
Disney Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
When we were on SWS a couple of weeks ago our guide Tiffany told me that Mike Cooke (our fantastic guide in Alaksa and from SWS or Costa Rica for some of you) has left ABD and taken a job at Aulani. John, do you know if he is involved with excursions at he resort?
Yeah, we bumped into Chris in Lima too after he finished doing the previous Peru adventure before ours and he also mentioned that Mike is with Aulani now. Chris and Mike were our guides when we did SWS last year. They were great!

ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #41
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb85 View Post
Wow - Greece! My Fiance and I were planning to take the traditional Australia AbD for our honeymoon, but now with this addition (and the new Australia and Tasmania) this is going to make our decision a lot more difficult - a good problem to have!

Can't wait for the details about these upcoming trips - and to potentially work with Disney Dreams Unlimited
I would be very happy to help plan your ABD honeymoon and will do everything I can to assist in any way.

I do need to let you know that while Dreams Unlimited Travel specializes in Disney travel....and ABD is my specialty....we are not part of the Disney company.

We are an independent travel agency specializing in Disney.

I apologize if this is redundant information. I just dont want anyone to be mislead.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 07-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #42
WebmasterJohn
Genius
Maintains the Big Book of Grievances

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
When we were on SWS a couple of weeks ago our guide Tiffany told me that Mike Cooke (our fantastic guide in Alaksa and from SWS or Costa Rica for some of you) has left ABD and taken a job at Aulani. John, do you know if he is involved with excursions at the resort?
I just asked my contact at Aulani and he tells me that Mike Cooke is the Guest Services Manager for all excursions at Aulani.

Sounds to me like the excursions at Aulani are in very good hands!!!!

WebmasterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #43
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile RE: COst of Hawaii trip - abd vs on your own....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Waa! I was really hoping for a Hawaiian ABD in 2012... I wonder what the cost would be to do it on my own & do the excursions vs doing it with ABD?

Sayhello

thought i wud jump in and try to assist.

from what I am doing, the est total cost of Hawaii (Room & Tax, meals, excursions, souvineers, etc) will run approx $650-$700 a day.

Total est cost of my 2 Abd trips using the above same premise - about the same.

So, to me....jump in and see the Aloha State.

Ya can't go wrong -

T.T.F.N.
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; DEC 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:36 AM   #44
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I just asked my contact at Aulani and he tells me that Mike Cooke is the Guest Services Manager for all excursions at Aulani.

Sounds to me like the excursions at Aulani are in very good hands!!!!
Very, very cool! Thanks for confirming that, John!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:53 AM   #45
Aunt Cawa

Mouseketeer

That is great news about Mike Cooke. We knew he was originally from Hawaii. Just another reason to book Aulani! Like we needed another reason!

Last edited by Aunt Cawa; 07-31-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Aunt Cawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: