Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

ABD News

Hi Folks.....

I’m writing to let you know that there is some ABD news starting to come out and it’s pretty exciting.

I understand that there are some great new itineraries being released.

While I cant say what they are at the moment....I can say that several of the folks that posted on the Dis which destination they’d like to visit should be very happy.

I can also tell you that ABD is working on a “returning guest” program.

Returning guests will be eligible for additional perks when traveling on subsequent Adventures.

I’ve heard that room upgrades might be among those perks.

I’ve also heard that after guests have reached a certain plateau (two Adventures), transportation from your home to your departure airport (and from the airport back home) will be provided.

This is what I have for now, but I will keep you posted as I learn more.

Also...Dreams Unlimited Travel will be offering our own early booking discount for all 2012 Adventures.

I hope you all will consider booking your next Adventure with me and Dreams Unlimited Travel.

Kevin Klose
Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com
Old 07-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
Momof3greatkids
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the update

Do you have any idea of the date for release of new trips??? Can't wait to hear where they are going!
Momof3greatkids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
tracyz
Mouseketeer

That's great news Kevin! I'm glad to hear you talking about an early booking discount. I'll be pretty much ready to book our next year's vacation when the new itineraries come out, and have been bummed about thinking that I'll need to wait to see if any incentives are going to come out later. Give me incentive to book NOW!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

YAY!!! Thanks, Kevin!

Quote:
I’ve also heard that after guests have reached a certain plateau (two Adventures), transportation from your home to your departure airport (and from the airport back home) will be provided.
This alone will save me about $100 in taxi fare.

I'm still basking in the afterflow of our SWS trip, so I would like to book soon after the itineraries are announced. I too hope that there is an incentive to book early.

Last edited by Bobo912; 07-26-2011 at 11:31 AM. Reason: I was so excited I couldn't type :)
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for the update, Kevin! I'm eagerly awaiting the details!

It's really nice that they're FINALLY listening, and rewarding return guests! Room upgrades & transfers are definitely a nice perk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
YAY!!! Thanks, Kevin!

This alone will save me about $100 in taxi fare.

I'm still basking in the afterflow of our SWS trip, so I would like to book soon after the itineraries are announced. I too hope that there is an incentive to book early.
I agree! It will save me either $100 in taxi fare, or bugging the bejeezus out of my friends for rides! And I still miss early booking incentives.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

Folks.....

The early booking discount will be coming from Dreams Unlimited Travel.

It will be available to Dreams clients who book through us just after the new dates are released.

If you have questions, you can contact me at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
*WDW*Groupie*
Mouseketeer

I can hardly wait to see the itineraries and book our 2012 adventure!! Good thing there is still time as I'm torn between Knights & Lights, Alpine Adventure & Australia!! Decisions, decisions!!

Of course we will book through DU! Love you guys!!

Come ABD, show us what you've got for next year!!

*WDW*Groupie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
tracyz
Mouseketeer

We're planning to book through DU this time too. Hoping to avoid some of the nightmares I've been dealing with the past couple of days, dealing with a travel agent who doesn't understand ABD/DCL!
Old 07-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #9
marcemch
Mouseketeer

I just hope that the early booking discount isn't undermined by even better offers made directly by ABD later in the season. That has always seemed so unfair to folks who put their money on the line early.
Not to be a skeptic, but am also wondering if the room upgrade option may mean that the rooms for everyone else won't be as good as they have been in the past. One thing I've liked about ABD is that we always seemed to get the best rooms in the hotel (view etc.).
marcemch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #10
tufbuf
Disney Addict!

Now I hope they won't post the new itineraries TOO early since we will be out the next two weeks. We are considering doing a back-to-back tour so I hope we can take advantage of the early booking rates.

ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #11
Momof3greatkids
Mouseketeer

I also have the same fear. That the upgraded rooms may just be what ABD normaly booked in the past, and that the other rooms are of less quality. Hope I am wrong. Also, hope Normandy is somewhere out there.
Momof3greatkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #12
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

I'm not so sure that there isn't some preferential treatment in the room assignments already. If some of the rooms are closer to the pool or lobby or have a better view, it seems to me that the returning guests and DVC members receive those rooms. That is my impression from the 3 trips we've done so far. Although, room assignment could be completely random and it's just a coincidence that it worked out that way. On SWS we were all upgraded to the cabins at Red Cliffs Lodge and that was very nice. I don't know if I would enjoy the upgrade as much if everyone didn't get it, so I don't think that perk is going to be all that enticing to me. But I really appreciate any effort on ABD's part to reward guest loyalty.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
OhioDisneyDavid
Earning My Ears

Interesting conversation with ABD yesterday.

I was calling to touch base on DCL/ABD Add-on for 8/27 and got to talking with the ABD cast member. She was trying to convince me to book some ABD land options including Italy and Backstage Magic. I mentioned that I had heard about ABD from “The Dis Unplugged” and she said tentatively that, “she thought she had heard of this but wasn’t into podcasts.” She asked, “Is it was a travel site or agency?” and when I responded that it was Dream Unlimited, she lit up!! She said, “Kevin and John were just here and they are our BEST travel agency! If you book with them, you are set. I highly recommend them.”

Wow, was I surprised that ABD would give such a glowing report on DU. She also indicated that Kevin had some really special news that he would be revealing at the end of August. I guess this is part of it!!

Just thought you might be interested.

Dave
OhioDisneyDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #14
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
really special news that he would be revealing at the end of August
Old 07-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #15
WeLoveABD
DIS Veteran

My guess: Hawaii, and I hope Greece. All incentives/perks welcomed!
ABD: Scotland (2014), Greece (06/12), Peru (08/11), Germany (12/09), Knights & Lights (12/08), China (06/08), Italy (06/07). DCL: 7 night Alaska Cruise Disney Wonder (7/13), 5 night Xmas Cruise Disney Dream (12/12), 12 night Baltic Disney Magic (06/10), 10-Night Mediterranean Cruise Barcelona, Disney Magic (06/07) Mexican Riveria Cruise Disney Magic (06/05), 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic (05/02), 7-Night Vacation Pkg : 4-Night resort and 3-Night cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic (05/99). Hong Kong Disneyland (2008), Paris Disneyland (2008), WDW a few and Disneyland 100+; D23 Charter Member. And completely unbiased!
WeLoveABD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: