Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
mishkamushka
I have been granted "Disney Power Of Attorney" for all our trip arrangements. They don't realize what they are doing!

Location: You can take the girl out of South Philly but you can't take South Philly out of the girl

ages for kids and movies

Hi,

What's the youngest you have taken a child to the movies? My son is 19 months and I am really really really thinking about taking him to see Winnie the Pooh.

What do you think?
Old 07-23-2011, 03:34 AM   #2
gillcrist32
Earning My Ears

I think it is weird.
gillcrist32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
stufftheme
Earning My Ears

will a 1 and half year child able to understand the movie
its not the right time
stufftheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

I say go for it! I took DD to see Up when she was 18 months. She did well until about 15 before the end...
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

MadilynnsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
mishkamushka
I have been granted "Disney Power Of Attorney" for all our trip arrangements. They don't realize what they are doing!

Location: You can take the girl out of South Philly but you can't take South Philly out of the girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
I say go for it! I took DD to see Up when she was 18 months. She did well until about 15 before the end...
Thank you to MadilynnsMomma and the thread above (forgot your username) for the legit responses.

I decided NOT to take him. Last night we watched The Tigger Movie and he got bored so I figured he wouldn't sit through a movie in the theater. I was unsure because he has sat for over an hour at home and watched things.

And your daughter couldn't have been worse than me during UP. I was pregnant and cried (pretty loudly at times) from the first scene. Dang hormones!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:04 AM   #6
emlydecia
Earning My Ears

Age for movies

I think you have to wait for 1 to 2 years more.
emlydecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #7
Babbletrish
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishkamushka View Post
Hi,

What's the youngest you have taken a child to the movies? My son is 19 months and I am really really really thinking about taking him to see Winnie the Pooh.

What do you think?
A year and a half, eh? Well, it's "Winnie the Pooh", so there really isn't a better First-Ever Theater Experience you could ask for. I'd say why not? Do a matinee at an unpopular theater and bring his favorite snack. And while he probably won't remember much about the movie itself, he will remember his first time ever *being* at the movies, which is a neat experience to introduce him to right away. (And consider this: you've already taken a lot more into consideration than the family that brought their baby to "Return of the King." )
Babbletrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
mousterpiece
Mouseketeer

Certainly in terms of subject matter (as I'm sure you caught from Tigger Movie), I don't think there's anything scary in the new Winnie the Pooh, but it all depends on whether you can do what Babbletrish suggests: keep him occupied enough for the 70 minutes if he gets bored. I think it's worth a try, at least because Winnie the Pooh is the rare family movie that's really not scary at all, IMO.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: