Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #391
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

You've done such a great job! I'm stuck at a plateau about 30lbs from my goal and it is frustrating! I'm just doing the trial and error approach. I'm focusing on short runs, speeding up and losing weight this spring and summer now that Princess is behind me too. Good luck to you too!
SuperHappyFunTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #392
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

Thanks for the comment SuperHappyFunTimes! I am living on the plateau - I guess that makes it a flat line, huh?

Weight still at 210. Back to running. Building up the fun factor again. My plan is to run every other day with cross-training in between.

I ran 4k on Sunday, and yesterday I did leg/butt/ankle/foot strengthening. My ankles and feet really hurt my last HM and so I know I need to work on them.

Today is another 4k.

I signed up for the local Running Room Triathlon clinic and signed up for my first triathlon in July! It is just the sprint distance, and no medal :-(

Added two more races to my schedule of a 15k run and a HM, bringing the total to 17 for 2013. I wouldn't mind another 5k to work on speed.

This is my race schedule:

Jan-
WDW HM (done)
WDW Full (done)

Mar-
Chilly HM (done)

Apr-
Harry's 8k (done)
Diamond 10k (done)

May-
Sporting 10k

June-
Niagara HM
Colour Me Rad 5k
Hunstville HM Relay

July-
Spring Triathlon

Aug-
Midsummer's 15k
Mud Hero 6k
DL 10k

Sep-
DL HM
Army HM

Oct-
Scotiabank Half Marathon
Niagara Falls International Marathon (eek!)

All in preparation for:
DOPEY!!!!!!!

Yep. Doing it. Sigh.

So much training ahead of me. Weight loss will only make that easier. Have been doing My Fitness Pal for calorie reality check. Since I haven't been running a lot I'm not seeing huge change, but it will come.

Anyway, wish me luck. I will need it. And a lot of miles under my feet.

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Last edited by Terapin; 05-04-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #393
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

Hey Terapin! Just wanted to say Good Luck on the Dopey next year! I know you will do awesome! I am over on myfitnesspal, too if you want to add me as a friend. I believe my name is irishtwinz. I need to get my rear in gear. I have been so lazy since the marathon. Me and the hubs have our first baby free vacation scheduled for February of next year. It's a Disney Cruise! Hooray! I am hoping to lose to under 200 by then. Have a nice day!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #394
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Hi Irish!

We are going on cruise in Feb too! Which date did you guys pick? We are going on the Wonder Feb24 right after princess!

Thanks for posting! I have to figure out how to friend people on MFP.

Are you running these days?

Old 03-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #395
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

We are going on the Wonder February 26th out of Miami. I am super excited about it. I haven't really run with a purpose recently. I need to work up to running more. Do you have any suggestions for working up to 1 mile. I want to start there. If everything went perfectly....I'd like to run the Castaway Cay 5k in about 40 minutes. I am not planning any races between now and then except maybe a local half in November.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #396
irishtwins1112
Mouseketeer

And I also saw that the princess was the previous weekend.....but I don't think I will be able to convince the hubs to leave that many days early. I don't know if I could leave my babies that long either. But I guess anything is possible.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #397
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

Ran the Harry's Spring Run off 8k on Saturday. Was a cold and sunny morning, more like November than April. The trees weren't even in bud - we are weeks behind.

The route was a few loops of High Park, which is very picturesque but hilly. The last 500m was all steep hill! I was happy with my time, though wish I could have run better on a few of the hills. Cardiovascularly this run was hard. I finished the 8k in 1:01:11.

Got some cross-training in yesterday and a 4+k run on the treadmill. My arms are nice and sore from the weight machines.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #398
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Girl you are just Dopey! I can't believe you're doing it this year. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised. I already knew you were Goofy and Dopey isn't that far of a stretch from Goofy. You are awesome Carolyn and such an inspiration!
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #399
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragitoff View Post
Girl you are just Dopey! I can't believe you're doing it this year. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised. I already knew you were Goofy and Dopey isn't that far of a stretch from Goofy. You are awesome Carolyn and such an inspiration!
Thanks B! I am super excited. My running partner Craig is doing this race too, so I am super stoked to have someone to do the long runs with. Our pace is pretty well matched so that is nice.

I think I am heading down solo for this weekend. Kind of excited to have friends who will be running also, but space to do what I like, and have the room nice and quiet.

I have a summer of training ahead of me. I just couldn't pass this up - but dreading the marathon day. Thanks for posting.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #400
Terapin
DIS Veteran

2013 Race #4

Last Saturday was a great race in High Park in Toronto: Harry's Spring Run Off. High Park is a great park and the trail through is twisty, turn-y, and had lots of hills, including a killer 600m very vertical hill to the finish! That was hard and frankly I hiked it rather than ran.

The course had us going around the park pathways a couple of times and was never boring. It was an 8k, which is a great distance. I finished in 1:01:12. I had hoped for a sub-hour finish but the hills slowed me down and I haven't been running anything beyond 8k since my half in March. I was proud that I finished in front of my running partners both, both of whom have been pretty high mileage lately. It made me feel good that despite cutting the mileage I was still on track and could build it back up without much difficulty. However, I was overdressed and killed by my own heat. If I had dressed better I would have run a wee bit faster. It was cold and windy at the start so I made the mistake of dressing for standing around, rather than running. I need to start looking at the temperature and make a decision in my head what I should wear for races rather than how my body feels. I also ate a full bagel with cheese and a large coffee. It was too much by half. I felt quite nauseous for the first half of the race.

My next race is on the 21st, a 10k.

Yesterday I did a great 9k run. Finished very strong and really gave it my all. Finished right at 8:00min/k which was good. I luxuriated in the tub for about 90 minutes afterward. I love when those runs go well. It really does happen sometimes!

Here is a pic from last Saturday.

(The new Photobucket is still a challenge for me in picking up the links, ugh)

Old 04-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #401
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Congrats on signing up for the Dopey. We are doing it also. We did the unofficial Dopey this past January, so we couldn't resist. Our training is slow right now, but we get in what we can and will get serious in September. Love all the races you have scheduled.
eyor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #402
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Hello!

I added one new race to the schedule: Colour Me Rad 5k in July! Should be fun, and I couldn't resist.

I ran my 10k trail run today. It was a bright and sunny day, but the temps were just above freezing. Our weather has been so up and down! One day it is in the 20s, and the next down to freezing again. I overdressed again - sheesh. Not nearly so bad this time, and I was able to get down the one layer but it cost me a few minutes of futzing about.

The course was run on the trails around a golf course and on the cart paths. The trails were pretty hilly, and cart paths even moreso! It was hard to get into a good groove with all the twists and turns, and I can't take the downhills too fast as they are hard on my knees. I walked more than I wanted to, but ran most of it.

It was a pretty day to be out, so that was nice. I got into a better space around 5k, and the last 5k were pretty good. I finished in 1:21:28 which is pretty slow for me, but my running partner H only finished 90 seconds in front of me and she is running great these days, so that is truly how hard the course was. It was called "very challenging" by some other folks. I wouldn't say it was very challenging for a trail run, but very challenging for a 10k race. My other running partner C finished his 10k which was advertised as downhill and fast in 1:11 which is tremendous. H, C and I have all been neck and neck in our last few races so it tells you that the 10k route today added a full minute to each km.

[/URL]

[/URL]

I expected to me more sore than I am due to the course and how challenging it was, so I am thrilled that I feel this good!

I also started the Tri clinic this week. Woo hoo! Need to get a bathing suit tomorrow (boo!). My weight is still plateau'd Going to start lifting weights to see if I can budge it. Sitting at 210 (boo!)

Old 04-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #403
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

I've been good this week with the cross-training!

I didn't get on the bike for the first week of clinic because it needs some work. Will do that today. Also didn't get into the pool as my schedule prevented it, but next week I promise I will.

Did some great leg work that was way too intense as my calves were absolutely killing for 3 days (I think I pulled something bilaterally) and even today they still hurt! Ouch. Also doing some upper body and core work, in addition to running this week. Today is a 12k this afternoon, bringing my km total to about 26k this week.

I still don't feel like I am really doing great on my training schedule - I need to get back in the game mentally.

I did something I've been meaning to do: got all my race dates and finishing times from my first race onwards all organized and in one place! It feels good to be able to look at my progress and have it all committed to paper.

Here are my turtle-ish race PRs:

5K: 34:24
10k: 1:15:08
HM: 2:47:31
Full: 7:09:13 (but it was Goofy weekend and sooooo hot!)

My next 10k is a great net downhill course (where I did the 1:15 last year). Hoping to get that to 1:10:xx

My next HM is in June and hoping to run that one in 2:44. Will have to see though as I haven't been in a strict training mode for awhile :-(

My weight is up and down and I keel losing and gaining the same 5 pounds. Still sitting around 210 unfortunately!

Old 04-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #404
SuperHappyFunTimes
RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slipper Challenge, Tink

I'm still on the plateau with you! You look great though, so even if the pounds aren't dropping your body must be reshaping. Great job on your races!! I'm so jealous of your medals. Our local races never give medals and I'd much rather have a medal than another ill-fitting, unflattering race shirt!

What I'm telling myself is that the key to long-term success (which is all that matters, not the short term wins and losses) is to just stick with it and to pick myself up and start again every time I get discouraged. We're doing awesome!!
SuperHappyFunTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #405
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

Tri clinic is going well. I was intimidated to go out for the group bike ride, but did it. We did about 14k. Went well. Wednesday was swimming for an hour (I think I will do better with nose plugs but did surprisingly well for someone who has not had any formal lessons since childhood), and a 5.5k run with my running partner Craig. Thursday was a short run of 5k.

I should run today - not sure what distance. Tomorrow is 12-14k.

My weight is really fluctuating - I think I am a little up. I started journaling today again to see where I am going wrong because I don't feel like I should be up with my activity and eating, but clearly I must be wrong!

Super excited for Aulani! We leave in less than 2 weeks!

Oh, and I signed up for two more races: will do Scotiabank Half Marathon (was my first marathon last fall) and the next weekend I am doing the Niagara Falls International Marathon! All part of Dopey training! Excited but nervous about committing to the full!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: