Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #31
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

For those of you who haven't done this year's survey yet, these are the locations that are listed on the "which destination would you be interested in" question. I don't remember if this is different from last year. I checked a lot of them and added a few more under "Somplace not listed".

Alaska
Arizona & Utah
Australia
Austria & Czech Republic
Boston & New York
Bryce & Zion Canyons
California (Hollywood & Disneyland® Resort)
Cambodia/Vietnam
Canadian Rockies
China & Hong Kong
Costa Rica
Egypt
European Alps
France (Provence & Paris)
Galapagos Islands & Ecuador
Germany
Ireland
Italy (Tuscany & Amalfi Coast)
London & Paris
Mid-Atlantic States
New Zealand
Northern California (San Francisco, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe)
Olympic Peninsula
Peru
Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Williamsburg
Southeast Asia
South Africa
Southwest Canyons
Spain
Tasmania (Australia)
Wyoming
Someplace not listed (please specify)
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #32
aspen37
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes.

I was on an ABD trip in April 2010, it was the Backstage Magic trip . When I got home I had a survey in my email inbox. I filled it out and had some not nice things to say about the food on the first two days of our trip. I'm guessing others did also because I received a second survey asking some really in depth questions about our meals.
So I took from that, that ABD does care what we think. Since then ABD has changed the meals in question.

Backstage Magic Tour April 2010 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048
aspen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #33
Miss SD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen37 View Post
I was on an ABD trip in April 2010, it was the Backstage Magic trip . When I got home I had a survey in my email inbox. I filled it out and had some not nice things to say about the food on the first two days of our trip. I'm guessing others did also because I received a second survey asking some really in depth questions about our meals.
So I took from that, that ABD does care what we think. Since then ABD has changed the meals in question.
Would you mind saying which meals were changed?
Miss SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #34
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Ok.....just my .02 worth here about your concerns -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDad View Post
So after last year's experience with ABD (London/Paris), we traveled this summer with Backroads. I'm not comparing the trips, but what struck me last year (and was confirmed in comparison with BR) was the ABD hubris. Backroads--and every other travel company we've been with--always solicits customer feedback. Not Disney. Not after we booked, not at the end of the trip, and not at any point afterwards. BR, in contrast, sent us surveys right after we booked and even before we arrived home.

When we traveled with ABD, the guides were telling us about how "envious" all the other travelers were of Disney. There may be some truth to it, but it seemed the entire trip that our guides (and particularly Frencesc) favored arrogance over action, and felt the Disney "magic" made up any sloppiness or inattention on their part. I just can't believe that after spending, what, $10,000 for three people, that ABD can't even be bothered (or more likely, doesn't really care) to ask how the trip was or how it can be improved. I think that tells you all you need to know.

There was a lot to like on our original ABD trip, but after a summer with Backroads, there are lots of options and it's nice to be with a company (and I'm sure Thomson and Tauck are similar) that respects their clients. ABD made it clear that they don't have the slightest interest in the client experience, and that they make enough money that they don't need to. If someone has had a different experience--that is that ABD actually asked for your opinion after a trip--please post.

.......I understand where you are coming from. I do empathize with you.

But -

and here comes the word but -

Please take this following piece of advice to heart as I mean this in a positive way:

Yes, I too also have the very same experience as you during my ABD's "Backstage Magic" vacation (March 27th-April 4th 2010). If you were to search for "If I were Fraggle" and then hit enter -

Up will pop up my trip report.

And yes, I took my issues all the way to Corporate and for the most part, got...say over 70% of my issues addressed in a positive way.

BUT.......

To address your concerns in a different way -

to use a diffrent analogy here............

just because (and I feel we all have been there) we have had bad customer service at .......................

say a restaurant................

or a gas station............................

or even Adventures by Disney -

does that mean we are going to totally write them off??

YES - I had a horrible experience with Kristen (one of the guides on my very first experience out at Disneyland in April 2010), etc.....

BUT - Does that mean that I am going to totally write off ABD??

My answer is NO.

I haven't and am still keeping them in mind for future vacations.

So, what am I trying to say is please take a big gulp of air, count to ten, reframe your thoughts and kindly move forward as you move onward to your next vacation.

And who knows, mabey one day - you will return to ABD.

ME? YES...I am looking at their Backstage Magic tour....or Splendors SW tour or Rocky Tails vacation. Dont know when just yet as I have just booked NYC for labor day 2012.

Cheer up though please. Your opinions are duly noted (and yes, I did receive an email opinion survey after my 2 abd adventures - I have no issue providing any company with my email address). I have 2 email addresses: 1 for people I want to have it and one email address for people whom I dont want them to have it.

T.T.F.N.
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:14 AM   #35
aspen37
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss SD View Post
Would you mind saying which meals were changed?
They changed the first meal that was at an Italian restaurant. That first meal was horrible!!! The salad and appetizers were good, but the main courses were just BAD!!! I was happy it wasn't just me who thought this. When I looked around the table no one was eating their main courses. After dinner people went out to dinner again. People were eating pizza and going out to different restaurants.

This was really good.

The salad was great.

I could not cut this because it was so tough. The sauce turned into a jello like substance. I only ate the potatoes.

Kim only ate one bit of of this. The people across from us had this same dish and didn't eat it either.

They still have the breakfast at the Soda fountain, but from what I hear they have eatable food now. The Soda Fountain only does breakfast for ABD. It was cool having breakfast their, but the food was really bad. My eggs were watery and cold, the English Muffin and sausage was cold. The fruit was awesome. From what I've heard the food is way better!

This looks good doesn't it. Well I had to take a few napkins and soak up all the water in the eggs.

As you can see the butter did not melt at all.

Jim Henson studio was a problem. When we arrived they were bringing out our lunch and let it sit in the sun for about an hour. Nothing was warm. I had a cheeseburger and my friend had Shrimp pasta. Everything was cold. Here is another case where Jim Henson Studios normally does not make food for groups. Jim Henson Studios does this just for ABD. They now bring the food out just before lunch.

For a cold Cheeseburger it was good. Everyone just wished it wasn't cold.

Kim said here Shrimp really needed to be warm. She said it really wasn't that good because it was cold.

Backstage Magic Tour April 2010 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048
aspen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #36
Miss SD
Mouseketeer

Wow, thanks for the photos and commentary!
Miss SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #37
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

We took the Backstage Magic Trip in August 2010 and yes, ABD had changed the meals.

The first night meal was in the hotel. It was great (even though they ran out of entrees and I had to wait 20 minutes for mine and everyone was finished), the desert was AWESOME! No one complained, they even had pizzas made for the kids!

We had Breakfast at the Soda Fountain the next morning and I didn't hear any complaints. The Mickey Waffles were warm, bacon warm and I didn't notice any runny eggs.

I do agree with the lunch at Henson Studios. The food wasn't as hot as it should have been, but our burgers were warm. Nothing was bad, everything was eaten at our table and there were extra cookies for the kids to get more than one (they were awesome!).

I can't say anything bad about the other meals either. I wish we had skipped the BBQ thing at Disneyland, but it worked for the group and others were happy (I'm just not the BBQ type of girl). We were lucky and got Breakfast at Club 33 which was the highlight of the trip for most of us (not so much for the food - although it was great! but because we were at Club 33). Dinner the last night was an awesome buffet. In between we went to Goofy's Kitchen, the Steakhouse beside it, and several other restaurants on property (names are leaving my brain this morning - sorry!).

I do know, that some of the changes we had over previous trips were due to recommendations from previous visitors on the trip. Groups before us were hit and miss on World of Color fast passes, but we received them with not even having to ask.

We honestly didn't have any complaints with anything other than we needed more time at Mickey's of Glendale for additional shopping time (I was too rushed - LOL!). My knee had started acting up the first day of the trip from walking up and down Hollywood Blvd. and I struggled to keep up and was usually the last one in the pack getting to any location.

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #38
skunkvette
You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.

For what it is worth -

I have been on two ABD trips and will be on my third one in about five weeks.

I have never received a request for a survey, before or after a trip.

I have my package in front of me for my third trip (including the copies of the travel agreement I returned) and there is nothing that I see that requests my permission for any contact from ABD.

Maybe the OP has the same situation.

I would love to comment on my previous trips to ABD, they have been great adventures with some areas that I feel could use some "tweeking".
skunkvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #39
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkvette View Post
For what it is worth -

I have been on two ABD trips and will be on my third one in about five weeks.

I have never received a request for a survey, before or after a trip.

I have my package in front of me for my third trip (including the copies of the travel agreement I returned) and there is nothing that I see that requests my permission for any contact from ABD.

Maybe the OP has the same situation.

I would love to comment on my previous trips to ABD, they have been great adventures with some areas that I feel could use some "tweeking".
Did you make a copy of everything or just the travel agreement - personal information forms, etc.? Any chance you signed it and sent it back? Could be that everybody doesn't get the same form, but I've had it for all 3 ABDs.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #40
skunkvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
Did you make a copy of everything or just the travel agreement - personal information forms, etc.? Any chance you signed it and sent it back? Could be that everybody doesn't get the same form, but I've had it for all 3 ABDs.
I have a copy of what I sent back, along with the balance of the package.

I do not remember any request in either of my first two packages, and had I seen a request for comments I would have had no problem in granting permission and giving my e mail address to ABD.

I always complete any survey I get from a visit to WDW, I like being able to provide feedback.

Maybe not everyone gets one.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #41
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Maybe you should call or email ABD and let them know you want to provide feedback on your upcoming trip. I would think they would be particularly interested in hearing from you since you're a returning guest.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #42
skunkvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
Maybe you should call or email ABD and let them know you want to provide feedback on your upcoming trip. I would think they would be particularly interested in hearing from you since you're a returning guest.
Maybe.

I would especially like to be able to compliment some of their tour guides, we gave had some terrific individuals who made our adventures outstanding.

But I still think that ABD may not solicit information from all of their guests.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #43
minnie74
Mouseketeer

I just returned from my ABD Germany vacation and have already received and submitted my ABD survey. It arrived one week after the adventure ended.
minnie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #44
ennuiphobe
Earning My Ears

I did QFTW in 2009, K&L in 2010. Received a survey after the first, nothing after the second.
ennuiphobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #45
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
Yes, I too also have the very same experience as you during my ABD's "Backstage Magic" vacation (March 27th-April 4th 2010). If you were to search for "If I were Fraggle" and then hit enter -

Up will pop up my trip report.

And yes, I took my issues all the way to Corporate and for the most part, got...say over 70% of my issues addressed in a positive way.

BUT.......

YES - I had a horrible experience with Kristen (one of the guides on my very first experience out at Disneyland in April 2010), etc.....

BUT - Does that mean that I am going to totally write off ABD??

My answer is NO.

I haven't and am still keeping them in mind for future vacations.

I read your cryptic account of having your vacation ruined, but you were never clear on the details. I don't know if Kristen is doing that tour anymore, but I was part of her very first Backstage Magic tour in December 2008. I found her to be professional and fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: