Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #31
nblake05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hither_heather View Post
Thanks. I'm super excited and I even went and bought the book "The Hidden Magic of Disney" and am reading up on that right now. I'm going to make sure my husband reads it too. I think it will be fun to look for the things that are often overlooked.
I have that book too! Just be aware... some of the stuff is outdated. So if you can't find something, chances are it isn't there any longer... but still, full of cool info. My DH and I try to find new stuff from that book (as well as Hidden Mickeys) and call it our "path to enlightenment" Enjoy!

Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.--Walt Disney
nblake05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #32
kathylovesmatt
Earning My Ears

Disney lovers

My husband & I went to Disney in October 2003 for our honeymoon, we stayed at CBR and we loved it! When we checked in last time, at POR, we got "anniversary" buttons at the desk. We saved them and will be wearing them again this year when we go in 85 days! Just ask when you check in, they have tons of buttons for every occasion!
kathylovesmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #33
Julie521
DIS Veteran

has anyone found the honeymoon pins anywhere at disney recently? i was just going to order them online if i couldn't find someone who said they got them at disney in recent time.

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #34
UK Princess
Mouseketeer

Bringing back lots of memories of our honeymoon in Sep 09!

Re the buttons they were available at Guest Relations in MK when I went in Jan but unfortunately not been since then.

Just wanted to give you a tip about the registry and dining plan... I know it might sound very cheeky but I actually put lots of meals on our registry even though we had the dining plan. I wanted to make sure that we did everything that people bought for us so this way I knew we would do it but it also meant that we had lots of credit to use for other things that people wouldn't have chosen from the registry - like my 2 year supply of soap from Basin White!

It also meant that we had whatever we wanted at the meals - like wine etc and didn't worry that it was over the plan allowances. We also did quite a few 2 credit meals (CRT, Cali Grill etc) and people are happy to choose those from your registry as very memorable things to buy. This may have worked better for us being in the UK and lots of people not knowing about DDP!!

Also photopass is a must! I treasure our honeymoon album as much (maybe more) than our wedding one! We are both on all of the pictures rather than each taking pictures of each other or bothering other people. We stayed at GF and had quite a few pics done at the photopass portrait stop when on our way out for meals. I have these framed at home and EVERYONE thinks that they were from a professional shoot (which I wouldn't bother with at Disney - takes up too much time and you'll be sick of it after posing at wedding!)

I honestly spent more time planning for our honeymoon than our big church wedding but loved every minute - of the planning and the trip! We went back in Jan this year with family and it just was no where near as special - partly because it was just a holiday but also because I didn't plan as well (too many opinions!) so make the most of it!

Sept/Oct 2009 - GF Honeymoon
January 2011 - Highgrove Villas with the family
UK Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #35
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Princess View Post
Bringing back lots of memories of our honeymoon in Sep 09!

Re the buttons they were available at Guest Relations in MK when I went in Jan but unfortunately not been since then.

Just wanted to give you a tip about the registry and dining plan... I know it might sound very cheeky but I actually put lots of meals on our registry even though we had the dining plan. I wanted to make sure that we did everything that people bought for us so this way I knew we would do it but it also meant that we had lots of credit to use for other things that people wouldn't have chosen from the registry - like my 2 year supply of soap from Basin White!

It also meant that we had whatever we wanted at the meals - like wine etc and didn't worry that it was over the plan allowances. We also did quite a few 2 credit meals (CRT, Cali Grill etc) and people are happy to choose those from your registry as very memorable things to buy. This may have worked better for us being in the UK and lots of people not knowing about DDP!!

Also photopass is a must! I treasure our honeymoon album as much (maybe more) than our wedding one! We are both on all of the pictures rather than each taking pictures of each other or bothering other people. We stayed at GF and had quite a few pics done at the photopass portrait stop when on our way out for meals. I have these framed at home and EVERYONE thinks that they were from a professional shoot (which I wouldn't bother with at Disney - takes up too much time and you'll be sick of it after posing at wedding!)

I honestly spent more time planning for our honeymoon than our big church wedding but loved every minute - of the planning and the trip! We went back in Jan this year with family and it just was no where near as special - partly because it was just a holiday but also because I didn't plan as well (too many opinions!) so make the most of it!

I am so glad you said the part about the dining plan and the registry. I was going to put some dinners on the registry but thought it might look weird with the dining plan as welll. But your point is exactly what I was thinking.

I am so sad they no longer have the buttons. There is a web site that I found them on, but I dont know if it is worth spending the money. Might wait until its closer to the date to see if they have anything else coming out for newlyweds.

And you are right, I knew everything I wanted for the wedding and had those plans set. I have spent more time looking up Disney things and honeymoon stuff than wedding things!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #36
Julie521
DIS Veteran

I'm so upset the wedding registry is being redone. I just registered and started setting up our web site. Now we have to wait and re-register because everything is changing. We would only be able to use it until December, and we really don't need it until after that. I hope the improvements are really good.

Tags
honeymoon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: