Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #16
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hither_heather View Post
We took our honeymoon at Disney World in January 2008 and are planning to go back to celebrate our 5 year anniversary next year (2012). We were married in November 2007 so I understand how hard it is to wait for your honeymoon. The first thing we did was get the "Just Married" button that is provided at guest services. You get some special attention from the cast members. Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy your honeymoon to the fullest.
Aww hope you have an amazing time!!

WE OFFICIALLY BOOKED THE HONEYMOON TODAY!! 6 nights/7days at Coronado Springs

We are both sooo excited. I have heard, though, that they no longer give out the Just MArried buttons. I found a web site online that can sell them though, but I am not sure if it is a scam or they just have some left over or something. We will see what happens. I did make just married t-shirts for the two of us though

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:20 AM   #17
Elcheetah
Earning My Ears

Congrats on both your wedding and booking your honeymoon!!!! I haven't heard anything about no more bottons, I think it's a scam so you buy them their used bottons. If in doubt you can always ask the moms at WDW Moms panel.
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2011, 09:49 AM   #18
MaggieG
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521 View Post
This is really interesting! I never thought to look at something like this. I am checking out the web site right now. How exactly did you coordinate combining the honeymoon and home things?
I just organized it by categories- "our home", "honeymoon", "gifts", etc- it is super easy!
MaggieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #19
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcheetah View Post
Congrats on both your wedding and booking your honeymoon!!!! I haven't heard anything about no more bottons, I think it's a scam so you buy them their used bottons. If in doubt you can always ask the moms at WDW Moms panel.
Really? hmmm that is interesting. I have heard such mixed stories about this one. I think I might just buy them online because I would love them, and don't want to risk them not having them when we get there.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:54 PM   #20
nblake05
Mouseketeer

About the buttons

I JUST called WDW res. (because I'm a total dork) and asked about the celebration buttons. The girl I spoke with said as far as she knew they were still giving them out. she had heard that they were planning to faze them out eventually but hadn't heard when as of yet. Julie... if you want some "Just Married" Buttons I can try to pick some up for you when I go this Sept. just in case they do faze them out...I know you don't really know me but I just thought I'd offer. When we went for out anniversary it was nice to wear them! Also, worst case... you can always get the bride/groom ears. More annoying to wear (imho), but gets the point across!

Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.--Walt Disney
nblake05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #21
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nblake05 View Post
I JUST called WDW res. (because I'm a total dork) and asked about the celebration buttons. The girl I spoke with said as far as she knew they were still giving them out. she had heard that they were planning to faze them out eventually but hadn't heard when as of yet. Julie... if you want some "Just Married" Buttons I can try to pick some up for you when I go this Sept. just in case they do faze them out...I know you don't really know me but I just thought I'd offer. When we went for out anniversary it was nice to wear them! Also, worst case... you can always get the bride/groom ears. More annoying to wear (imho), but gets the point across!
Aww that is soo thoughtful of you! It is okay though I truly appreciate it. I am going to try calling closer to when we are going and if they say they no longer have them I will probably just buy them. They are not too expensive anyways. I do think we are going to get the bride and groom mickey ears, but probably won't wear them too often. I think I just want to be able to take a few pics with us in them, in front of some of the more popular locations, and leave it at that! Hope you have a fabulous time.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #22
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Was hoping to get some more info. I am probably one of those crazy over-controlling, over organized, over scheduling type of people. I love to make notes about things, write out plans, ect, ect. So

1. What is the best tip you can give me about Disney?
2. This will be my fiance's first time, what is one thing he has to experience while there?
3. Favorite restaurant to go to that is more traditional, american type food? We are both simple eaters!
4. One thing NEVER to forget
5. Best advice for honeymooners?

Thank you everyone!!!! You have all helped me so much in my planning process so far, and I still have over a year to go! I can only imagine the amount of notes I will have by the time my trip comes!

Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #23
hither_heather
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Aww hope you have an amazing time!!

WE OFFICIALLY BOOKED THE HONEYMOON TODAY!! 6 nights/7days at Coronado Springs

We are both sooo excited. I have heard, though, that they no longer give out the Just MArried buttons. I found a web site online that can sell them though, but I am not sure if it is a scam or they just have some left over or something. We will see what happens. I did make just married t-shirts for the two of us though
Thanks. I'm super excited and I even went and bought the book "The Hidden Magic of Disney" and am reading up on that right now. I'm going to make sure my husband reads it too. I think it will be fun to look for the things that are often overlooked.

Regarding the "Just Married" buttons, I thought I saw that they were still doing them on the Disney website, but I may be wrong. I'm so excited for you and take full advantage of your time there. On our honeymoon, we got up late and I feel like we missed out on a lot. I'm a planner too, so this time we are definitely planning things out a little better before we go.

hither_heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #24
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. I'm super excited and I even went and bought the book "The Hidden Magic of Disney" and am reading up on that right now. I'm going to make sure my husband reads it too. I think it will be fun to look for the things that are often overlooked.

Regarding the "Just Married" buttons, I thought I saw that they were still doing them on the Disney website, but I may be wrong. I'm so excited for you and take full advantage of your time there. On our honeymoon, we got up late and I feel like we missed out on a lot. I'm a planner too, so this time we are definitely planning things out a little better before we go.
I really really hope they are still doing them! I am going to call when it gets closer to the trip and if they don't have them I might just buy them online. I am heading out this weekend to get a couple Disney books to start reading as well!!

PLUS!!! we just got out gift card in the mail for our honeymoon registry

Old 07-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #25
DisneyHawkeye
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Was hoping to get some more info. I am probably one of those crazy over-controlling, over organized, over scheduling type of people. I love to make notes about things, write out plans, ect, ect. So

1. What is the best tip you can give me about Disney?
2. This will be my fiance's first time, what is one thing he has to experience while there?
3. Favorite restaurant to go to that is more traditional, american type food? We are both simple eaters!
4. One thing NEVER to forget
5. Best advice for honeymooners?

Thank you everyone!!!! You have all helped me so much in my planning process so far, and I still have over a year to go! I can only imagine the amount of notes I will have by the time my trip comes!
My DH and I got married at WDW in 2009 and had a split honeymoon between WDW and Disney Cruise Line. We love Disney!!
1. The best tip would be to get fast passes early in the day. Even the best rides aren't worth waiting 2 hours for IMHO.
2.Wishes, Fantasmic and Illuminations, I love those shows.
3. Kona Cafe in the Polynesian. and it is 1 credit on the DDP. Liberty Tree Tavern and 50's Prime time Cafe also have this kind of food.
4. Comfortable shoes. I have made this mistake before!
5. Preorder the Photopass CD that was previously mentioned. I ordered ours before our wedding/honeymoon and we took almost 100 pictures! It was really fun after we got back to edit them and add little borders and quotes on them on the PhotoPass website. There is also the added bonus of not having to keep asking people to take your picture, and they turn out a little nicer! Also when you order the cd you get the rights to all the pictures so you can print them out at home or from Walmart or whatever.

DisneyHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #26
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyHawkeye View Post
My DH and I got married at WDW in 2009 and had a split honeymoon between WDW and Disney Cruise Line. We love Disney!!
1. The best tip would be to get fast passes early in the day. Even the best rides aren't worth waiting 2 hours for IMHO.
2.Wishes, Fantasmic and Illuminations, I love those shows.
3. Kona Cafe in the Polynesian. and it is 1 credit on the DDP. Liberty Tree Tavern and 50's Prime time Cafe also have this kind of food.
4. Comfortable shoes. I have made this mistake before!
5. Preorder the Photopass CD that was previously mentioned. I ordered ours before our wedding/honeymoon and we took almost 100 pictures! It was really fun after we got back to edit them and add little borders and quotes on them on the PhotoPass website. There is also the added bonus of not having to keep asking people to take your picture, and they turn out a little nicer! Also when you order the cd you get the rights to all the pictures so you can print them out at home or from Walmart or whatever.
Thanks for the tips I am hoping that since we are going in September, the ride lines won't be too crazy! One of our couple friends had their honeymoon in Sept. as well and said it was awesome 50's prime and LTT are def. on our list! Any idea about wearing flip flops in the parks? I have only gone once and wore sneakers the whole time and HATED it. I would live in flip flops if i COuld. Good or bad idea?

Old 07-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #27
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

my best shoe advice is to take a variety. if for no other reason it likes to rain and no one likes soggy shoes. i go from sandals to sneakers depending on how my feet/legs are feeling and i walk 5 miles a day at home. my daughter wears her flip flops all day no problem (she's 21).
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #28
Enjoying Life
Mouseketeer

You could tie a line of tin cans to your shoes!!

If you get bored of the parks, Orlando has a dog track...
Enjoying Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #29
hither_heather
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks for the tips I am hoping that since we are going in September, the ride lines won't be too crazy! One of our couple friends had their honeymoon in Sept. as well and said it was awesome 50's prime and LTT are def. on our list! Any idea about wearing flip flops in the parks? I have only gone once and wore sneakers the whole time and HATED it. I would live in flip flops if i COuld. Good or bad idea?
I would say if you wear flip flops, you should check to make sure they have support. I think I could do all day in flip flops if they were Birkenstocks or Teva's or Keene's, but the little flimsy flip flops I would never do there. It is too much walking and your feet might hurt at the end of the first day, you don't want to hurt the second day from walking the first day. It is totally up to you though. It is nice to switch it up every once in awhile though. I'm 32 so my body yells at me a bit more than it did when I was in my mid-20s, so I now have bone spurs in my heels from walking around barefoot or in shoes that were unsupportive. I just don't want that to happen to anyone else.

hither_heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #30
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would say if you wear flip flops, you should check to make sure they have support. I think I could do all day in flip flops if they were Birkenstocks or Teva's or Keene's, but the little flimsy flip flops I would never do there. It is too much walking and your feet might hurt at the end of the first day, you don't want to hurt the second day from walking the first day. It is totally up to you though. It is nice to switch it up every once in awhile though. I'm 32 so my body yells at me a bit more than it did when I was in my mid-20s, so I now have bone spurs in my heels from walking around barefoot or in shoes that were unsupportive. I just don't want that to happen to anyone else.
I have an awesome pair of Reef flip flops thats have great support to them that I am trying to wear as much as i can to get them broken in. especially since i only get to wear them in the summer being in new england

Tags
honeymoon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: