Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #16
aznshents
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by p. Ness View Post
it is a complete waaste of time! You'll wish you had stay at the hotel and watched the cheese channel instead of going to that piece of cr&p!
0/10
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #17
DDM101
Mouseketeer

DO NOT miss this show! It's not cheesy in the least. Most of the "pictures" projected onto the castle are discernible only to the VERY scrurpulous eye. For the most part, the castle is transformed into a magnificent animated anomoly that is both magical and delightful. I can't wait to see it again in August.
DDM101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #18
huffjoann
DIS Veteran

we went last week and we were on main street but too far down to see anything more than a lot of color changes and effects. we had been much closer for the parade but I was so disgusted by the rude crowds around the parade I wanted to be the heck out of there asap. We wound up being in the que for Princess' when Wishes happened anyway

Pop Century 6/10; All Star Movies 6/11; off property 11/11; Dream 5/24/12 3 night;
Dream 5/26/13 4 night; Magic TBA
huffjoann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #19
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

We were standing right in front of the castle, and this show was just beyond amazing. I've got chills right now just thinking about it. It made Wishes just seem like a bunch of silly fireworks.

Don't miss it!

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011
Art of Animation Little Mermaid, June 2013
Hoping to return in June 2015

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Hoosier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:50 PM   #20
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

Will

Will it play before holiday wishes at the mvmcp? That is the only mk night we have planned for December!
hollygolitely93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #21
musicmom3331
Earning My Ears

We saw MMY last week and thought it was amazing!

Is there a way to flag a post(er) for inappropriatness?
musicmom3331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #22
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmom3331 View Post
We saw MMY last week and thought it was amazing!

Is there a way to flag a post(er) for inappropriatness?
You can hit the little triangle next to the indicator that shows it you are online.

BTW I already did.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #23
Twende
Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....

I just tried to watch this on youtube and it looks incredible. Very near the end I think I am seeing a photo that I submitted of my parents. Wow wouldn't it be something if it is them. I can't wait to see it in real life this December!

Does anyone know if they contacted the the people whose photos and videos that they did use?
Old 06-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #24
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twende View Post
I just tried to watch this on youtube and it looks incredible. Very near the end I think I am seeing a photo that I submitted of my parents. Wow wouldn't it be something if it is them. I can't wait to see it in real life this December!

Does anyone know if they contacted the the people whose photos and videos that they did use?
I could be wrong but I thought they were using the photopass pictures from that day
Old 06-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #25
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
I could be wrong but I thought they were using the photopass pictures from that day
They are but some of the pictures are ones that were submitted online and I believe all the videos are ones that were submitted or asked permission to use.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 AM   #26
Quin
DIS Veteran

We saw it for the first time from the Wishes Dessert Party. We were absolutely blown away! We changed our plans for the next evening just to go back and watch it from the courtyard in front of the Castle. I have to say that I could not clearly see the individuals in the "photos" from either vantage point, but I didn't care. It's what they do to the Castle itself that is beyond amazing.

And the first time I saw it, when Buzz says "to infinity and beyond", for about 5 seconds I thought they really HAD launched the tower - the illusion is that good!!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #27
nblake05
Mouseketeer

OMG... you guys have got me all excited to see this now! I'm literally jumping up and down... I can't wait... I can't wait.... I can't wait!!!!

Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.--Walt Disney
nblake05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #28
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

The pictures are very VERY hard to see even when there in person. There are literally thousands of pictures projected at one time, and they go through them so quickly!

We weren't asked permission, but told that our son was in some pics a photographer was taking of him as we rode the raft from Tom Sawyer's Island, that might be used in the projection that night. Of course we couldn't pick one kid from another durnig the show, BUT - I did see a picture that I had noticed from the week before as well. So possibly they keep the same pics that people submitted, but add a few new ones every day from Photopass.

I agree the Buzz Lightyear part actually makes you think for a minute that the castle is zooming off into the sky! I didn't like the Pirate scene with the flames - it truly looks like the castle is on fire - kinda creepy!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
castle, magic, memories, show

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: