Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports > California & the West Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #31
AZBeth
Mouseketeer

I just finished reading your TR... your photos of Antelope Canyon were great. That was our one disappointment of the trip (we stayed 2 nights at Lake Powell Lodge) was that we did not get to go to Antelope Canyon because the day before there had been a flash flood while tourist were in the Canyon, fortunately no-one was hurt!

We stayed at Best Western Grand too... we liked it alot and loved the large rooms after coming from the cramped rooms at Lake Powell Lodge.

Thanks for posting brough back good vacation memories!
Old 07-02-2011, 04:35 AM   #32
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

WOW! I've been MIA for a little bit and you've finished your TR. Those are great pictures of Antelope Canyon. Only 200 pics? You must have been very restrained!

Thanks for sharing.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2011, 01:35 AM   #33
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Now I have inspiration to visit Zion and Bryce. It has ruined my late summer planning to DLR. I want to go hike and camp now.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #34
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBeth View Post
I just finished reading your TR... your photos of Antelope Canyon were great. That was our one disappointment of the trip (we stayed 2 nights at Lake Powell Lodge) was that we did not get to go to Antelope Canyon because the day before there had been a flash flood while tourist were in the Canyon, fortunately no-one was hurt!

We stayed at Best Western Grand too... we liked it alot and loved the large rooms after coming from the cramped rooms at Lake Powell Lodge.

Thanks for posting brough back good vacation memories!
Sorry you didn't get to see Antelope Canyon. It gives you a good excuse to go back again. Try going in early June before the rains come. I know flash floods can be very scary.

We really liked the Grand too and thought it was much more "quiet" than Ruby's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
WOW! I've been MIA for a little bit and you've finished your TR. Those are great pictures of Antelope Canyon. Only 200 pics? You must have been very restrained!

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I know, what was I thinking to have only taken 200! But, it's not the quantity, it's the quality, right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Now I have inspiration to visit Zion and Bryce. It has ruined my late summer planning to DLR. I want to go hike and camp now.
I'm glad I inspired you. Hope you make it to Zion and Bryce soon.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #35
Kirby
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous pictures! I'm going to the Grand Canyon South Rim for the first time and am very excited about it. I've been able to book room at the Kachina Lodge. Looks like I'm going to have to get me a new camera!
Old 07-07-2011, 02:55 AM   #36
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfaninaz View Post
I'm glad I inspired you. Hope you make it to Zion and Bryce soon.
It's something I feel I should do on the way to DLR. Always go down I-15 and think they are almost just off the freeway. I just need to take the time and do a longer trip. Maybe more pictures will help.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #37
disneyfaninaz

Quote:
It's something I feel I should do on the way to DLR. Always go down I-15 and think they are almost just off the freeway. I just need to take the time and do a longer trip. Maybe more pictures will help.
I'll see what I can do!
Old 11-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #38
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Zion is the one park I want to get back to really bad. I wouldn't go in October though. Summer for some fun swimming.

I've probably driven I-15 about 15 times over the last decade and everytime think about how close I was without stopping in.

Thanks for the enticing pictures.
Joining in a bit late but.... early Oct last year was plenty warm. in S UT - I took my DH *goodness back then just my boyfriend* on this same National Parks tour - I really impressed the Brit He enjoyed Zion the best.

OP ~ fantastic fotos *aren't we lucky to live so close to these beautiful places?? Have you been to Arches/Canyon Lands NPs? Those are DS's favorites.

As I said ~ I took DH last Oct *2010* and we took the kids + my mom to the same parks *Bryce was covered in snow, Zion was lovely and the North Rim was still closed* in March of this year. We also visited Yellowstone & Grand Teton *they're really close to us here towards the top of UT.
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #39
disneyfaninaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
Joining in a bit late but.... early Oct last year was plenty warm. in S UT - I took my DH *goodness back then just my boyfriend* on this same National Parks tour - I really impressed the Brit He enjoyed Zion the best.

OP ~ fantastic fotos *aren't we lucky to live so close to these beautiful places?? Have you been to Arches/Canyon Lands NPs? Those are DS's favorites.

As I said ~ I took DH last Oct *2010* and we took the kids + my mom to the same parks *Bryce was covered in snow, Zion was lovely and the North Rim was still closed* in March of this year. We also visited Yellowstone & Grand Teton *they're really close to us here towards the top of UT.
Thanks! Yes we are! We also enjoyed Yosemite, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. We were tossing around a possible trip farther north into Utah to see Arches/Canyon Lands NP in the next year or so. It looks like lovely country.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #40
iHEARTflorida
DIS Veteran

I'm making my way through ur TR's disneyfaninaz! We did a pretty similiar trip back in 2010..takes me back.

I think I took around 200+ of Antelope Canyon alone too! It's crazy how many people they let through it at one time, amazing sight though!

It's a shame you missed Horseshoe Bend, it's definitely something. I was hoping while you were in Zion, you ate at Oscar's in Springdale, if you ever go back Oscar's is a must!! Great food.

WDW Trips DL July 2010 DLRP Sept 2012

5 Weeks, 4 States and 3874 Miles around California and the Southwest Roadtrip here
iHEARTflorida is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: