Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
KLAIT
DIS Veteran

Favorite Pressure Cooker Recipe?

I received an electronic pressure cooker for my birthday and am not quite sure what to do with it. Can you share your favorite recipe with me?

thanks
KLAIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
gullyf
Mouseketeer

Lots of things you can do with it! We've had one for a couple of months now and it has become our favorite way to cook. We do pork chops, stews, roasts, chicken, and rice, just to mention a few things.

One note though: ours doesn't like recipes that get it hot before sealing it up for pressure, such as those that require searing or braising before cooking under pressure. It just seems to always think it has finished, or the pressure valve doesn't want to seal. They might have fixed that in later versions, so YMMV. But that problem aside, there isn't a quicker way to cook, and stuff is always tasty and tender.

Not only that, but our electric bill has dropped noticeably since we have been using this instead of our electric oven/stovetop.

As far as recipes go, search at your favorite bookseller. Wife has The Everything Pressure Cooker Cookbook by Pamela Rice Hahn, but there are lots of good recipe books out there for pressure cookers. It doesn't take much: a package of chicken thighs and some jarred sauce and you're all set...
gullyf is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
Theosus
Homeschool Valedictorian

I have one for the chikfila nuggets that is pretty damn close. got from copycats.com or some such site.
Theosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
Stan's MaggieMouse
Mouseketeer

Absolutely love corned beef and cabbage in the pressure cooker. there's nothing better!

Stan's MaggieMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
cdrn1
what I wouldn't give to have just one more Space Food Stick
Remember the good old days when people just disappeared?
My socks are on inside out!

Pot roast! I use a chuck roast, sear it in hot oil in the pan, take it out and brown chopped onion, scraping up the crusty bits; dump in a pound or two of baby carrots, put the roast on top, toss on sliced onions and whole mushrooms if I have room, and pour in a cup or two of liquid (whatever I have; I have used red wine, leftover coffee, onion soup, beef broth, or a mix of those). I also use a tablespoon or two of Das Dutchman Essenhaus beef base stirred in to the liquid. Salt and pepper, garlic salt, or whatever seasonings I feel like. It is crazy good.
December 1971 offsite- December 1973 offsite- October 1990 offsite- October 1995 offsite- October 1997 Poly- December 2000 CBR- March 2002 Dolphin- September 2003 AKL- December 2004 AKL- March 2005 CSR- May 2005 ASMo- May 2005 WL (Abby's 1st Haircut...a family tradition is born)- May 2006 POFQ- November 2006 POFQ- September 2007 Pop FD- Sept/Oct 2007 Pop/Poly (Jake's 1st Haircut)-February 2008 Pop-September 2008 Pop FD-April 2009 Poly-November 2009 CSR FD-September 2010 Pop FD-May 2011 Pop/WL (Emily's 1st Haircut)-September 2012 Pop-February 2013 Pop (Alex's 1st Haircut)-September 2013 BCCL (James and Ben's 1st Haircut)-September 2013 CBR FD
cdrn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
fostrmom2mny
DIS Veteran

I was hopeful that others would post pressure cooker recipies, as I just bought a Wolfgand Puck electric pressure cooker and most of the recipies they have listed are a bit extravegant for this down home cooking family.
I'm going to try my hand at cooking several meals to store, as I have taken over the care for my parents, while continueing my full time job outside the home.

Please, if you have any hints, tips, or favorite recipies, please post. I've found a few online, but not alot that are specific to pressure cookers. Thanks.

fostrmom2mny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:30 AM   #7
kaanay
Earning My Ears

Use this risotto recipe as a jumping off point for all kinds of wonderful risottos. This alone makes having a pressure cooker worth its cabinet space.

http://www.recipezaar.com/122610
kaanay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: