Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #46
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

I'm in! I'm getting caught up on your review! I'm sorry to hear about your experience at Le Cellier. My DH and I went for the 1st time in March and LOVED the food. The service was less than desirable. Our waitress would make her rounds but we did not see her much. As for the table, we were seated at a table in middle of the restaurant but the restaurant was very crowded. Everytime someone passed the table, it felt like they would bump into us.

My DH said he would go there again, but we won't try hard for a reservation.
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #47
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Sorry to hear your LeCellier experience was a bust. I had it booked for our last trip and after reading way too many negative reviews I switched to Bistro de Paris. I think I made a good decision!
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #48
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

That's too bad! You just never know what you are going to get. I had a filet so tender there a few weeks ago I could have cut it with a butter knife. Then had the filet at Jiko (which has such high ratings) and the steak was horrible. Looking forward to hearing more reviews.

vettegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #49
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Your review of Le Cellier scares me!

We always ask for servers we know, maybe this changes our experience. But cold food - thanks, but no thanks I would have sent it back. They cannot just reheat - they need to prepare fresh - that's why IF something is not to my liking I make sure I "mark" it, so they cannot just pop it in the microwave!

Tom and I have an ADR for August and I wonder what our experience will be. Many people have actually complained about the salty risotto, we haven't had it salty YET! We'll see. Thanks for a honest review, Linda!
Hi Karin
It seems to me that they were just having a bad night. I've read some great reviews and as this was our first experience of LC I can't compare to previous trips.
You are right about a server changing an experience and we had some truly wonderful servers on this vacation
The rest of the reviews are much more positive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
Gosh - what a bad Le Cellier experience!

We enjoyed it in 2008 but I'm not sure we would go back for dinner as a signature meal - especially not after reviews like that! What bad service!

I hate it when they leave messy tables uncleared - we had that at Ohana breakfast last year - it's just not nice to eat in such an environment!

They are just lucky that you and your DH are so easy going!
I think it was the Torontopolitan that made me easy going

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Hi Linda!
I remember reading your review last year and loved it! Thanks for taking the time again to post your reviews from your most recent trip!

We are staying at WL and I am really looking forward to the waffle offerings! My DS is sure to be excited as well!

I can't wait to read about your dining experience on the Disney Dream!

Thank you for sharing!
You read the last one and you're still signing on
Seriously though it's great to have you reading along
You will love WL and you can't beat a mickey waffle to kick the day off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
I'm in! I'm getting caught up on your review! I'm sorry to hear about your experience at Le Cellier. My DH and I went for the 1st time in March and LOVED the food. The service was less than desirable. Our waitress would make her rounds but we did not see her much. As for the table, we were seated at a table in middle of the restaurant but the restaurant was very crowded. Everytime someone passed the table, it felt like they would bump into us.

My DH said he would go there again, but we won't try hard for a reservation.
We had a table in the middle of the restaurant as well but if the food had been better that really wouldn't have been an issue.
It wasn't actually that crowded in there but I think that was partly because several tables still had the previous customers plates on them
I always think that you never know what might have caused the problem, perhaps they were very short staffed that night, it could have been something totally out of their control

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Sorry to hear your LeCellier experience was a bust. I had it booked for our last trip and after reading way too many negative reviews I switched to Bistro de Paris. I think I made a good decision!
I hear great things about Bistro De Paris, did you enjoy it?
I'd like to try it some time

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
That's too bad! You just never know what you are going to get. I had a filet so tender there a few weeks ago I could have cut it with a butter knife. Then had the filet at Jiko (which has such high ratings) and the steak was horrible. Looking forward to hearing more reviews.
Ahh, now you see this is a perfect example of how restaurants can be inconsistant
The steak at LC was really tough according to DH but we had the most fantastic meal at Jiko
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #50
DCDisney
On my way...

Enjoying your great reviews! We have also had pretty bad experiences at Le C so it's off our list.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #51
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your experience at LeCellier. We ate there during our trip last year in May. I enjoyed the mushroom risotto and the bread but the rest of our meal was good but not great. Our experience wasn't as bad as yours so we will go back someday but it was not nearly as good as other places we visited at WDW. Now if you want to talk about V&A or Bistro de Paris!!!!

Enjoying your TR. Can't wait to read more.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV F&W | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV

MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek - BCV-Oct13 (TR In Progress)
Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey - Aulani-Sep12
Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? | BLT/VWL; May2012-Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
AKV/BWV; Nov/Dec2010; No Kids; Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
OKW; May2010; DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #52
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Yay, another report!! I absolutely love your reviews and I am definitely looking forward to this one!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Tangeriene Cafe. I definitely want to go here on our next trip. Also, I MUST try that caramel corn! Sorry about your experience at Le Cellier. Cold food is just bleh.

Looking forward to the next review!
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #53
scottishgirl1
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear about your Le Cellier dinner, cold food is not good! I love seeing all your pictures of the different types of cocktails. I enjoy trying a different cocktail with dinner every night at Disney as you cant get them at home. My favourite last year was from La Cava, just the regular margarita but it was strong, might try an avocado next time.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #54
JoJo66
Earning My Ears

We too didn't have a very good meal at LC.

It wasn't awful, maybe we expected too much

The service was really bad and I really can't see us going there again especially since it's now a 2 credit meal.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #55
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Bistro de Paris was wonderful! One of the best meals we've ever had at WDW.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #56
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I loved reading your review of the vegetarian platter at Tangierine Cafe and having recently cut it from our plans I'm tempted to put it back in.

Mmm Werthers!! Can't wait to visit Karamelle Kuche!

I'm sorry to hear about your food being cold at Le Cellier. Am glad you still enjoyed your evening and made the most of it.
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #57
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear your first experience at Le Cellier was so disappointing. We've eaten there our last three trips and had an amazing experience each time. Food was incredible and service among the best of our trip. They have a new head chef now that it's a signature and I was very interested to read reviews about it. Unfortunately yours is not the first negative I've read so I'm concerned the switch has not been for the better. My sister and I have reservations on our girls-only trip this September and I'm hoping it will be the same wonderful meal as in trips past. If not, it'll be coming off my "must do" list.

Thanks so much for sharing your honest and fair reviews, looking forward to more!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - In Progress
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:17 AM   #58
RobDIS
Mouseketeer

Bummer about the poor meal at LC. We had a fab meal there in April, but a place like that needs to be consistent.
RobDIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:08 AM   #59
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
Enjoying your great reviews! We have also had pretty bad experiences at Le C so it's off our list.
Thanks
I don't think I will be rushing back to LC any time soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience at LeCellier. We ate there during our trip last year in May. I enjoyed the mushroom risotto and the bread but the rest of our meal was good but not great. Our experience wasn't as bad as yours so we will go back someday but it was not nearly as good as other places we visited at WDW. Now if you want to talk about V&A or Bistro de Paris!!!!

Enjoying your TR. Can't wait to read more.
It seems like Bistro De Paris is a wonderful restaurant, I hear so many good things about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
Yay, another report!! I absolutely love your reviews and I am definitely looking forward to this one!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Tangeriene Cafe. I definitely want to go here on our next trip. Also, I MUST try that caramel corn! Sorry about your experience at Le Cellier. Cold food is just bleh.

Looking forward to the next review!
Aww thanks
The caramel corn is delicious but you have to time it right. Once they have made a fresh batch it seems to sell out quickly and you've gotta have it fresh and warm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
Sorry to hear about your Le Cellier dinner, cold food is not good! I love seeing all your pictures of the different types of cocktails. I enjoy trying a different cocktail with dinner every night at Disney as you cant get them at home. My favourite last year was from La Cava, just the regular margarita but it was strong, might try an avocado next time.
I could just about forgive them for cold food but over-cooked cold food - no way!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo66 View Post
We too didn't have a very good meal at LC.

It wasn't awful, maybe we expected too much

The service was really bad and I really can't see us going there again especially since it's now a 2 credit meal.
Yeah, I must admit the service wasn't great but now I look back it seems to me like they were short staffed so the servers were probably having a tough night

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Bistro de Paris was wonderful! One of the best meals we've ever had at WDW.
Ooh, I have to try it one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
I loved reading your review of the vegetarian platter at Tangierine Cafe and having recently cut it from our plans I'm tempted to put it back in.

Mmm Werthers!! Can't wait to visit Karamelle Kuche!

I'm sorry to hear about your food being cold at Le Cellier. Am glad you still enjoyed your evening and made the most of it.
Thanks for reading along
I actually look back at our evening at LC with a smile as we still had a great night and the company was great even if the food wasn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
So sorry to hear your first experience at Le Cellier was so disappointing. We've eaten there our last three trips and had an amazing experience each time. Food was incredible and service among the best of our trip. They have a new head chef now that it's a signature and I was very interested to read reviews about it. Unfortunately yours is not the first negative I've read so I'm concerned the switch has not been for the better. My sister and I have reservations on our girls-only trip this September and I'm hoping it will be the same wonderful meal as in trips past. If not, it'll be coming off my "must do" list.

Thanks so much for sharing your honest and fair reviews, looking forward to more!
I'm sure you will have a great time at LC on your girls only trip
Every restaurant has an 'off night' at some point and I think we just hit an 'off night'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDIS View Post
Bummer about the poor meal at LC. We had a fab meal there in April, but a place like that needs to be consistent.
You are so right. You just expect a restaurant to be consistant
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:25 AM   #60
pennyplanner
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your reviews and photos. Can't wait for the rest!

--pennyplanner
pennyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: