Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #31
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethieTink View Post
Thanks, Deena! 2 weeks from today is my booking day. I assume they don't book on Sundays, maybe they do. I will be Disney busy that day since it is also the day we can book our excursions and special meals on our Mexican Riviera cruise this October on the Wonder. About a week to go for you!! Woohoo!
We went on the same cruise in April; you are going to love it! If you haven't already, be sure to look up your cruise on the Meet Thread on DIS so you can meet up with other people on your same cruise and hopefully participate in the Fish Extender. So fun!
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #32
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindyjoy View Post
We went on the same cruise in April; you are going to love it! If you haven't already, be sure to look up your cruise on the Meet Thread on DIS so you can meet up with other people on your same cruise and hopefully participate in the Fish Extender. So fun!
Thanks, Mindy. We are really looking forward to this cruise. We booked it almost 2 years ago when we did our first one (Eastern Carribean). We love the Fish Extender!! Our meet thread so far is a little slow, but hopefully it picks up soon.

We actually have 5 cruises booked through October 2012. We are doing a 3 nighter on the Dream in November, another 3 nighter in April for my birthday and back to back weeks on the Fantasy in October 2012 for our 10th anniversary, which we get to spend on Castaway Cay and have dinner at Palo!
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #33
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Site Visit TR day 2

After a much needed good night's sleep, we headed to 1900 Park Fare for one of our favorite character breakfasts. We also love the Chilled Strawberry Soup from the buffet so much that we plan on serving it at our reception. The breakfast did not disappoint. The Mad Hatter was fantastic! Sorry this photo is so big.

We scrapped our original plan of heading to the Beach Club and Coronado Springs to take photos to show our guests, since those are the resorts in our room block. Instead we decided to head to DTD to start shopping for pins for our guests. We had been coming up with ideas of who should be what character, so we were anxious to get started.

We drove to DTD and started at the World of Disney. I will be honest, this store typically overwhelms me, so we have to get to it early in the morning or skip it. We picked up a few pins (Alice, Cheshire Cat, and Marie) and a few other things (but not VR related).

Our next stop was Arribas Brothers. I love walking through here, but typically don't buy anything. That totally changed this time. We poked around for a few minutes and then Elena asked if we were looking for anything in particular. I love Daisy Duck (and Donald too), so was hoping for a combo piece to use as a cake topper. I didn't quite get it, but I did get these.

They look better in person, but I am hoping that they can be put together and maybe surround the bottom with some flowers. I think Donald and Daisy will like them when they come to visit our reception.

As we were checking out, I came across their selection of toasting flutes. For our original wedding, we did not do special flutes, so it was something I was possibly thinking about this time. When I saw these and Paul was wowed by them to, so we got them.

The Minnie flute will have my name engraved on it with the date and Mickey will have Paul's and the date. They are being shipped, so as soon as they come, I will post pics of the real flutes when they arrive.

We then went to the pin store and bought a bunch more pins for our guests lanyards. We also checked out the Christmas Store. I can do major damage here, but I was on a mission to look for potential favors. Paul and I have a personalized ornament for every anniversary, so we plan on giving out an ornament as a favor. I was thrilled to find out that the 8 packs of small Mickey head ornaments can be personalized. Woohoo! I will order those and have them shipped when we go down for our PS.

We had to go back to Arribas to pick up Donald and Daisy and while I was there I found some lovely pink glass beaded jewelry. They had earrings and a bracelet, but no necklace made up. I asked if they had anything and they said that based on the other 2 pieces they would do one custom made for me. It hasn't come yet, but I am really excited about it. I will post those too when they come. If they turn out well, I might wear them for our welcome dinner.

It was really hot out so we wanted to get done as soon as possible. We tried T-Rex for lunch (pretty good) and then we decided to hit our two resorts so we could be done with stuff we had to do. We headed to Coronado first and took a few photos (found other pins too!). Last stop was Beach Club and once we got all the photos we wanted, we rewarded ourselves with some ice cream at Beaches and Cream.

We needed a nap and to get out of the heat, so back to the Grand Floridian, where we promptly fell asleep for a couple of hours. When we did wake up, we decided that a long swim and a quick dinner at the food court was more along the lines of what we wanted that night than dinner at Narcoosee's.

We called it a night after the Electrical Water Pageant got rained out. Overall, a very productive, but incredibly hot day at WDW!

As always, thanks for keeping with me! Any and all comments are welcome.

Next up: Possible jewlery, looking for shoes and other finds.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #34
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

I forgot to mention that today is the 11th anniversary of the day Paul and I met. Can't believe it has been that long and that we have gotten through so much. Wow!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #35
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Coordinator Change?

This will be quick, since we are away and I am on my iphone.

Before we left, I sent an email to Diane, our coordinator, confirming our sites in preparation for our 16 month window next Monday. She replied on Sunday by telling me that since our site visit was with Bill, that we would now be working with him. We really liked both Diane and Bill, but since we met with Bill in person, we have no issues, I guess. We ca also keep Diane, if we want that too.

Any thoughts? Thanks!!

I have an accessory update along with other stuff when I get home in a few days!
Old 07-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #36
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Hiya - subbing into your PJ

Lovely story on how you met and you deffinately deserve your VR after everything you've been through

I love your colour scheme, the colours will compliment each other perfectly.

Your wedding dress is beautiful and I think all your location choices are fab.

The Mickey & Minnie flutes are cute

Look forward to reading/seeing more x
Old 07-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #37
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Hmmm. I think it's silly that they're going to change your coordinator, regardless! But what can you do.

Also, I just read over your trip report--- love it! :D I'm so glad you like 1900 Park Fare. We're doing a morning-after breakfast there with our wedding guests, but I've never been there. Glad a fellow disbrides recommends it!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #38
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Hiya - subbing into your PJ

Lovely story on how you met and you deffinately deserve your VR after everything you've been through

I love your colour scheme, the colours will compliment each other perfectly.

Your wedding dress is beautiful and I think all your location choices are fab.

The Mickey & Minnie flutes are cute

Look forward to reading/seeing more x
Ruth, Thank you so much for the kind words and for subbing! We are very excited about all of this. We are having a blast planning on all the little details that having a Disney wedding gives you the freedom to plan. We were really creative the first time around and this time we are going all out! I have to catch up on your pj since your date is getting close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
Hmmm. I think it's silly that they're going to change your coordinator, regardless! But what can you do.

Also, I just read over your trip report--- love it! :D I'm so glad you like 1900 Park Fare. We're doing a morning-after breakfast there with our wedding guests, but I've never been there. Glad a fellow disbrides recommends it!
Thanks, Jackie! I am still confused as to why I got switched, but as long as it works out, I guess it doesn't matter. Our 16 month window is Monday and Diane told me that I would have my confirmation by Wednesday, so I better have it no later than Thursday morning. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for reading the TR. I didn't bother posting anything about our last day, since there wasn't much that was exciting. We did have a wonderful breakfast at The Grand Floridian Cafe. The Maple Vanilla French Toast was amazing! We are now thinking of having it for our reception, but I am leaving that up to Paul since he is the French Toast King.

We love 1900 Park Fare. You will have a great time there! Have the Chilled Strawberry Soup! Again, something that will be at our reception.

Alright, I have got to get off disboards and work on my newsletters. I promised Shelley I would have them for her by next Friday. Have to get cracking.

Accessory and other update coming tomorrow, promise!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #39
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

I bought the same toasting flutes! I'm going to get them engraved up here now that we have our date.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:31 AM   #40
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Bethie - Just dropping by to say I love everything. I an really looking forward to hearing more of your plans!! This is going to be a good VR!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #41
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesswendy720 View Post
I bought the same toasting flutes! I'm going to get them engraved up here now that we have our date.
That's so funny. They are lovely. I remember seeing them in a pj before we went down to WDW, so it could have been yours. We had them engraved with the date. Oops. Didn't even occur to me to hold off. They arrived the other day, so I will post pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Bethie - Just dropping by to say I love everything. I an really looking forward to hearing more of your plans!! This is going to be a good VR!!!
Thanks, Joanne! This has been so much fun so far. The guests that I have told some of the details to are very excited about it, which is great. I think that everyone will have a fabulous time!

Just wanted to mention that while we are not having a traditional wedding party, we are having two flowergirls. They are the daughters of our best friends and former Best Man. They will be 9 and 7 at the time of the VR. We love them like they were ours and are so excited that they will be part of our day. They are also very excited too! Their names are Rachel (9) and Ashlyn (7).

This will be their second trip to Disney. We took them and their parents with us for my 40th birthday in April 2010. I have tried to make them huge fans since they were tiny. Every trip I have ever taken has always involved what am I buying the girls this time. It usually ends up being a bunch of stuff. Paul and I used to say that it was cheaper than paying for college, but not we are not so sure.

This was them at 1900 Park Fare for dinner in 2010. I think they are going to be adorable!!!

Still have plenty of time to decide dresses, but we will probably go to Alfred Angelo and I will let them pick one that they both like. The do like to dress alike, so that's a help. Fingers crossed that doesn't change. As long as the dress is a shade of pink I like, it will all be good.

Thanks for listening. I just had to show them off!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #42
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

16 Month Mark Today!!

WOOHOO!!!! WOOHOO!!!

After refreshing my email so many times that I am sure even browser lost track, I finally got the email from Bill that I was waiting for!!

WE ARE ALL CONFIRMED FOR OUR DATES AND TIMES!!!

There are a couple of tweaks I need to make to times for my bridal lunch and farewell breakfast, but for the most part we are thrilled!

Here is what I have ---

Friday, November 9th

Bridal Luncheon - Asbury Patio 11:30-1 (Hoping for 12:30-2)
Welcome Dinner - St. James Room and Patio (6-9)

Saturday, November 10th

Ceremony - UK Rose Garden 9am
Reception - American Adventure Parlor 10-2
Dessert Party - UK Lochside 8-9:30

Sunday, November 11th

Farewell breakfast - Asbury Patio 10-12 (Hoping for 8:30 start)

I will post more later, but just had to share before I go and make dinner.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #43
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

my dinner's probably burning right now... but i had to say congratulations!!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #44
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Bethie sweetie - so glad you got all your venues and most of the times you wanted. One less thing to worry about now!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #45
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
my dinner's probably burning right now... but i had to say congratulations!!
Thanks, Deena! I can't tell you how many times I refresed my email during the day. it was pathetic. How did dinner turn out?

BTW, I saw on your pj about the APs. Haven't checked to see if you have gotten an answer yet, but can't they have them waiting at the hotel or meet somewhere to give them to you? That seems to be the best outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Bethie sweetie - so glad you got all your venues and most of the times you wanted. One less thing to worry about now!!!
Thank you so much, Joanne. It is definitely one less (big huge thing less) to worry about! Paul is really happy that we got all our Epcot sites. I really hope that Bill can make the tweaks to the 2 times that need adjusting. The farewell breakfast is kind of a deal breaker. I don't want to take up my guests entire morning. I already know that some of them have park days planned and want to get to it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: