Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #16
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
You really have earned your special day!!! Enjoy every minute of your planning. I had a blast with mine!!!
Thank you, Joanne. Your event was lovely. I really enjoyed reading your plans and your report afterward.

The Plans So Far

We have had many changes to our original venue ideas, but at the moment, this is what we have.

Our favorite park is Epcot and we own our DVC at Beach Club, so we want to keep all the events in this area.

Colors: Pink, silver and cream
Theme: Rockin' All Over The (WD) World
Wedding Consultant: Diane Mahoney-Brown (who is awesome)
Resorts for Room Block: Beach Club and Coronado Springs

Friday Events -
Ladies Luncheon/Tea - Asbury Patio 12:30ish?. I am planning on doing a Mad Hatter style event (no props).
Guys Lunch/DATW - Epcot (still to be determined by Groom)
Welcome Dinner - Asbury Room around 6:30 We are planning a "Bella Notte".

Saturday/Vow Renewal Day
Ceremony: Epcot UK Rose Garden 9 am
Brunch Reception: American Adventure Parlor (waiting to hear from Diane about this), if not then Asbury Room.
DP: UK Lower

I will fill in details as they become a little bit more settled.

I am counting down the days until our site visit on the 17th. In addition to sites above, we are also seeing the St. James room at the Boardwalk and the courtyard in France.

We are also meeting with Shelley from Impressions that afternoon. She has some fabulous ideas for our theme already, so we are very excited. I am not crafty or DIY by nature, so I probably won't have some of the great stuff that I have seen other DisBrides post on their pjs, but I will do my best. Or at least show off what I have purchased from others or from their templates.

As always, thanks for reading along.
BethieTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #17
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

you're VR is 5 days after my wedding

maybe we'll see ya there!! our 16 month window is next month and i'm getting sooooo excited!!! i'm excited to stay at bcv in november!! you're sooooo lucky to own there!!

your plans look great!! can't wait to hear more!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #18
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
you're VR is 5 days after my wedding

maybe we'll see ya there!! our 16 month window is next month and i'm getting sooooo excited!!! i'm excited to stay at bcv in november!! you're sooooo lucky to own there!!

your plans look great!! can't wait to hear more!!
Thanks Deena! I am very excited about the 16 month window. I am also excited about my site visit. I will be coming down a few days before our VR, so maybe I will see you.

We love owning at BCV. We bought into DVC in 2006, when they were pushing Saratoga Springs. We told our consultant in our first call that we only wanted BCV. Saratoga is nice, but not what we wanted. We had to wait for our points (maybe a month), but we finally got them. One of the best decisions we have ever made.

I do have a significant update to post, but it will have to wait till tomorrow. Too hyped up about the Bruins win tonight.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #19
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

I bought my dress!!!!

Well, I didn't intend to make this purchase so soon, but when I found this I just knew I had to have it.

I have gone back and forth about what I want to wear for my VR. I originally thought I would go with an Alfred Angelo tea-length bridesmaid dress in pink. (will try to post pic later) I still may chose this one for my Welcome Dinner dress.

Then I thought about it and since I didn't "love" my dress the first time around, why not wear something that I loved this time. So, I started searching for tea length bridal gowns. Most of the ones I found were made in China. I liked a couple of them, but the made in China things really made me nervous.

Well, on Monday, I did a google search for designer tea length bridal gowns and was brought to the Maggie Sottero site for the Isadora Ann dress. I clicked on it and absolutely fell in love. I did a quick check to see where I could see it in person and luckily a bridal store one town over is a Maggie dealer. Gave them a call and they raved about the dress, so I made an appt. to try it on for Tuesday morning.

Well, they weren't exaggerating. The dress is even more gorgeous in person. Wow!!! I put it on (it is a couple sizes too small, but got the idea) and fell in love. My first thought was now I really want to do an MK shoot.

I don't want to post a pic of me in it yet, since it is not quite fitting right, but here she is from the Maggie site.

I could not be happier with this selection, if I tried.

I also bought a small headband/tiara, but the pics are on the phone and not posting right. I will post them as soon as I get it fixed.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #20
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Your dress is so gorgeous! I just looked on the Maggie website cause that pic is too small and didn't show the details, but WOW I love it. I think it'll be perfect for your VR! I can't wait to see your accessories that go with it.
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #21
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

I LOVE that dress! I'd love to see pictures of the actual thing.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #22
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

LOVE that dress!!! It's gorgeous!!!!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #23
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

Lovely dress! You can't go wrong with Maggie and I'm a huge fan of tea length. How lucky that your local store had it in stock!
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #24
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
Your dress is so gorgeous! I just looked on the Maggie website cause that pic is too small and didn't show the details, but WOW I love it. I think it'll be perfect for your VR! I can't wait to see your accessories that go with it.
Danielle, Thanks! I have some pics on my phone of some of the details up close, I will try to get those up some time this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesswendy720 View Post
I LOVE that dress! I'd love to see pictures of the actual thing.
Thanks, Wendy! I fell in love online and it was even better in person. When I get back from my site visit, I plan on going back with my camera and taking real pics of it. I will post them as soon as I get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
LOVE that dress!!! It's gorgeous!!!!
Thank you so much. I am so excited to have found it. I think it's perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindyjoy View Post
Lovely dress! You can't go wrong with Maggie and I'm a huge fan of tea length. How lucky that your local store had it in stock!
Thanks! Everything I have read about Maggie has been very positive, so I was pleased to have found one of hers. It was funny when I called the shop and asked for the Isadora Ann, the salesgirl said "Oh, the short one". She then told me that she didn't typically like tea length dresses, but that this one was so beautiful that she makes the exception. I just think that tea length for our vow renewal is appropriate, so I am so thrilled to have found this one.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Next up: Site visit plans for next weekend
Old 06-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #25
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

This Weekend's Site Visit Plans

DH and I are headed down to Disney on Friday for our site visit. We have already allocated all of Paul's vacation time for this year, so it is a super quick down on Friday and back on Sunday. We are staying at the Grand Floridian Sugarloaf Concierge (yay for AP rates ).

We are meeting Bill at Franck's at 1. (Diane is our consultant, but she is on vacation) We are going to see 4 locations in Epcot (UK Rose Garden, UK Lochside, France Courtyard and American Adventure Parlor). We are also seeing the Asbury Room and the Asbury Patio at the Y&B Club and the St. James room at the Boardwalk. We are scheduled for an hour and a half. Hopefully, I won't have too many questions that run over.

We will hang our at the resort for an hour and then head back over to Franck's to meet with Shelley from Impressions. I am really excited to meet with her. I have been emailing back and forth with her assistant about our theme (Rockin All Over the (WD) World) and Shelley already has some great ideas, including VIP Backstage Passes on lanyards for Save the Dates. I can't wait to see what she has come up with. After meeting with Shelley, we will head to Jiko for dinner.

On Saturday, (after breakfast at 1900 Park Fare) our plan is to head over to Coronado Springs and The Beach Club to take photos so I have some to use for our newsletters. We especially want to check out Coronado since neither one of us have been there. These are the 2 hotels we are offering in our room block. I have promised Paul lunch at Beaches and Cream (one of his favorites) and then we will head back to GF for some pool time and dinner at Narcoosee's.

Before we leave on Sunday, we plan to head to DTD for a little shopping. I love Christmas ornaments, so we are scouting out personalized ornaments for a favor. Have some lunch at either Wolfgang Puck Express or Raglan Road and then head to the airport.

Too short of a trip, but 48 hours in WDW is better than none. Any suggestions for our site visit are greatly appreciated.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #26
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Well, we are back from our site visit. We had such a good time! And productive too! Once I load up the photos, I will post a TR.

I know I still have a long time to go, but going down and actually seeing the venues makes it all very real.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #27
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Site Visit TR Day 1

Ok, this is my third attempt this afternoon to write this, so hopefully I will get it posted. The first time I accidentally hit the wrong button and it vanished. The second time our cat, Yaz, decided to walk across the laptop and hit something to make it all go away. If he wasn't so cute, he would be in trouble.

After a bumpy flight and morning (Paul wasn't feeling well and didn't know if he wanted to fly ), we arrived in Orlando. We picked up our rental car and headed to the Grand Floridian. I had been able to get a great AP rate, so I had booked the Sugarloaf Concierge building. We had never stayed at the GF or concierge, so we were excited.

When we arrived at the resort, we were met right away by Sam, who told us that our room was ready (at 11am ) and she would take us there. I had done online check-in, so we just signed the slip in our room. We were handed our keys and ready to go. It was awesome!

Our appointment with Bill was at 1pm, so we grabbed lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. If you have never eaten there, we would highly recommend it. The food, the service and the atmosphere were all fabulous.

We arrive at Franck's a little bit before 1 and Bill was waiting at the welcome desk. A few minutes later and we were off to Epcot. It was so cool to go backstage and see what is behind all the magic. Our first stop was the UK Rose Garden. This is our first choice for ceremony location and looking at it in person and in that light was amazing. It absolutely is where we want it.

Bill told us that we can set the chairs up on the lawn sections, which I think is perfect. I think that the regular chairs with the white covers with light pink and silver sashes will look lovely on both sides. We will then use the center portion for the aisle.

We will use this space as an altar. I don't think that it needs much decoration, but I do feel that some pillars with arrangements on top are needed to set off the space.

We also stopped at UK Lochside (for our dessert party) and the courtyard in France. We love Lochside and think that our guests will be blown away by the view of Illuminations.

We got back in Bill's car (so cool that he can park anywhere!) and headed over to the American Adventure Pavillion to see the Parlor. We were really excited to see this space since both of us love colonial American history (I even have my degree in it), so we thought it would be perfect for us. We went up to the third floor in the secret elevator and when we fell in love instantly. We found out that we get the whole floor, which is great and it has it's own restrooms (rare in Epcot).

This is the parlor room. I love the furniture, but I think we are going to have it removed and put our dining tables in this room.

This is the other side

I absolutely love this little balcony/landing and hope that we can work it out that we get introduced from here.

This is the hallway downtown to the Thomas Jefferson dining room (which I just didn't get good pictures of), but our thinking is that we would set up the buffet in the dining room (maybe), but definitely set up the dance floor in there.

When we came back down in the elevator found out that not only is it secret (located behind paneling), if you go out the other side it actually opens up to the outside courtyard.

We then left Epcot and travelled to the Boardwalk. I wasn't sure if we should really take the time for this stop, since I really had no interest in The St. James Room, but Diane thought it was a good space and we should see it. So happy that we did. We loved it!!!! What a great, intimate space. We instantly decided to hold our welcome dinner here. Paul really loved the ability to open up the doors to the patio.

If we weren't going to look at 2 spaces at the Y&B Convention Center, we probably would have told Bill we were all set. Our first stop was the Asbury Patio, which is where I am planning on hosting a ladies luncheon/tea there the day before our ceremony. What an absolutely perfect and lovely location. My plan is to do the Mad Hatter table decor and the centerpieces and think it will be stunning. Doesn't even need any more decor.

We then looked at The Asbury room, which is what I thought we had wanted. It is a very nice room, but it seems cavernous compared to the St. James room and AAP. Glad we found a different direction to go in. It was also your typical ballroom space, which since we did that the first time, we really didn't want to repeat it, if at all possible. I won't take up the space with the pictures, since we probably won't be using it (unless we have to).

Bill then drove us back to Franck's. We had about an hour to kill before we met with Shelley from Impressions, so we headed back to Sugarloaf for a snack. They put out an afternoon tea and it was great. Jam tarts, scones, some fruit. Hit the spot.

We walked back to Franck's and Shelley was there a few minutes later. We talked about our theme "Rockin All Over the World" and she suddenly had a million ideas. Her first was to do Backstage Passes on personalized lanyards as Save the Dates, which we love. We are going to ask our guests to bring them to Disney with them because we are going to hand out pins to everyone at each of our events. We fell in love with this idea!!! We also came up with assigning a character to each guest (we have less than 40 invited) and giving everyone their character pin. Now we are having a blast coming up with who is what character (and finding them on ebay! )

We also talked to Shelley about the actual invites, enclosures and such. We definitely want a pocket (which will be pink), a layer of silvery gray and then a cream rectangle printed with pink glitter ink. Since Shelley has access to the entire Disney art library (wow!), we are going to have Donald & Daisy in wedding attire on the invite. Each enclosure will also have a different character on it (TBD). We talked about a bunch of other things too, but it was a blur. I am sure it will become clear later on.

When we were done with Shelley we headed back to the GF. We had some apps. and a couple of beers before heading back to the Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner. After dinner we were so tired that we just passed out.

Thanks for reading along so far. This one was a LONG one, but it was a really busy day.

Next up: Day 2 and lots of shopping!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #28
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

those locations are fabulous!! they're so rare and i haven't seen many pix of them, but they are alllllll great!! almost time to book!! i can't wait to see more about your trip!!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #29
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Those are so gorgeous! Thanks for all the awesome pics!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #30
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
those locations are fabulous!! they're so rare and i haven't seen many pix of them, but they are alllllll great!! almost time to book!! i can't wait to see more about your trip!!
Thanks, Deena! 2 weeks from today is my booking day. I assume they don't book on Sundays, maybe they do. I will be Disney busy that day since it is also the day we can book our excursions and special meals on our Mexican Riviera cruise this October on the Wonder. About a week to go for you!! Woohoo!

We came up with 2 qualifications for our sites...they had to be very Disney and they had to very different. I think we are hitting the mark on every one.

Hoping to get Day 2 up tonight. It was heavy on the shopping. Which I have been doing a lot of lately and need to update that too. I am going back to look at Isadora Ann with some jewelry tomorrow, so hopefully will be able to get up some better pictures of my dress too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Those are so gorgeous! Thanks for all the awesome pics!
Thanks! We love our sites. I am so glad we decided to go down since the sites were so much better in person. Really helped solidify what we wanted and how it would all look.

It's funny. Now when I go looking for VR stuff I always try to remember to take a good photo so I can post it here. That is bad.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: