Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #91
DisneyDad1257
Earning My Ears

I saw the same article on IGN.com also. I bought SimCity on Monday afternoon and installed it and realized that my PC probably doesn't have enough RAM to run it. So I am off to the store tonight to buy more RAM and possibly a new graphics card. The game is awesome just make sure you have enough on your PC to play it
DisneyDad1257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #92
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I like the new SimCity, but I wouldn't rush out to buy it until the bugs are out of it. Last week the servers had major problems. They doubled the number of servers, but there are still some issues with gameplay, like running out of water. (Hint, leave plenty of room next to your sewer plant for a water system and use the filter upgrade) I currently have a city of 150K people, and I've run out of room. I hope they are able to make some bigger city maps in the future.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #93
Odyssey13
Earning My Ears

I'd like to recommend Kerbal Space Program. Google it.
Odyssey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #94
Disnewbie76
Mouseketeer

I wailted a week to get the new simcity game because of the issues. So far, it's running perfect and it's completely addictive..lol. Anyone wants to add me, my origin name is tgwinn.
Disnewbie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #95
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

I don't like this

Disney kills LucasArts
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
jmwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #96
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
I don't like this

Disney kills LucasArts
It looks like by the way the article reads it was dying a slow death anyways and Disney just finished it off.

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Bo Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #97
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

They were spinning their wheels on their in house projects. Let someone else who is better at it do the dirty work.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Twin Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #98
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

No posts about the XBOX One? I'm sure you all have read about it so I won't bother posting a link. But what do you think? They haven't said or shown much about the gaming aspect of the machine. And the price is still a question mark. But I'm intrigued for sure. The Skype capabilities make it an easy sell for DW. For $399 I think I would probably do it.
DIS Dad #400
Goofy + 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #99
Matt63
Earning My Ears

I know I am late to the show but my Xbox gamertag is shutspark. For now I only play nba2k13 online but have been known to play black ops 2 and the like
Old 06-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #100
Argopelter
Earning My Ears

Can I still call myself a gamer dad if the xbox 360 has only been turned on a few times in 6 months to watch the Aristocats and the Jungle Book? Last Xbox game I really played was Halo 4 for a few weeks after release. Or if the PS3 only gets used to watch video and the wife uses it more to watch Smash or Dancing with the Stars(?) than we use it to watch blu rays? The last PS3 game I tried to play was Tiger Woods but I got tired of mostly watching load screens and playing once in awhile. I have used the computer to play Mark of the Ninja for a few weeks back in January and can maybe get a couple of hours of Borderlands 2 in each week.
Argopelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #101
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

I still play my Dreamcast from time to time
Old 08-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #102
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

Hey anyone here get picked to test the beta of World of Tanks on the 360? I've played it a few times so far. Not sure what I think yet.
DIS Dad #749

Last edited by KapBoy77; 08-09-2013 at 01:46 PM.
KapBoy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #103
Goofy + 3
DDC 400

OK- let's see if anyone actually reads this thread.

XBOX One. Anyone gonna get it? $499. I'm pretty sure I'll be in line outside of Best Buy on Nov 21 for the midnight opening. If I can flip it for a few hundred $$ profit, I'll sell it and buy another when supply catches up with demand. If I can't sell it for a good profit, I can just return it.

I just haven't decided if I want to keep one long term. I haven't figured out how I'd use it. I don't play games as much as I used to, but if the kinect is as good as they say it is, that may change. There may be things on there that I might actually do with the kids. Kinect Rival Sports (or whatever it's called) looks good. And I know they'd get a kick out of Zoo Tycoon.

For me, I'd get Madden 25 and probably Titanfall for my FPS multiplayer. I'm getting tired of COD.
DIS Dad #400
Old 10-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #104
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
OK- let's see if anyone actually reads this thread.

XBOX One. Anyone gonna get it? $499. I'm pretty sure I'll be in line outside of Best Buy on Nov 21 for the midnight opening. If I can flip it for a few hundred $$ profit, I'll sell it and buy another when supply catches up with demand. If I can't sell it for a good profit, I can just return it.

I just haven't decided if I want to keep one long term. I haven't figured out how I'd use it. I don't play games as much as I used to, but if the kinect is as good as they say it is, that may change. There may be things on there that I might actually do with the kids. Kinect Rival Sports (or whatever it's called) looks good. And I know they'd get a kick out of Zoo Tycoon.

For me, I'd get Madden 25 and probably Titanfall for my FPS multiplayer. I'm getting tired of COD.
I wanted to preorder one or two to sell on ebay. My wife said no. I see they are already going for $150+ over retail. I can only imagine that will go up as people begin to freak that they won't get one for Christmas.

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Bo Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #105
Goofy + 3
DDC 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
I wanted to preorder one or two to sell on ebay. My wife said no. I see they are already going for $150+ over retail. I can only imagine that will go up as people begin to freak that they won't get one for Christmas.
I think Best Buy had two pre-order opportunities. Both sold out within a day. So I didn't get one. But the good news is that it's an indication of strong demand.
DIS Dad #400

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: