Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #76
fmiaw
Earning My Ears

only have time for an occasional Starcraft 3 game nowadays...
fmiaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #77
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
Got a text yesterday from Game Stop saying that my Starwars Kinect would be available today in the am!!!
We picked up a Star Wars Kinect for my birthday this past weekend!

My Xbox Live name is

Dole Whip 2012

I probably shouldn't have let my wife & 9 yr old pick my on-line name for me.

Oh, and I don't yet have any games (other than the Star Wars Kinect Game) so i'm open to suggestions.

But mostly, I'm just super excited to have a 360.

My completed first Trip Report:
I'm not a foodie, but I play one at WDW - completed through lack of updates 6/14/11!
unclescrooge_0707 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #78
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

I play on PS3 . Lots of COD right now I an loving mw3 . Been playing COD since WaW . I also like GTA games and I play madden but mainly COD .

BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #79
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
So what is your guys' fave gun set-up for MW3?
Right now my favorite is

P90 rapid fire
C4 portable radar

SOH
Hardline/assasin
Stalker

Model 1887 damage
C4 flash granades
Blind eye
Assasin
Sit rep/dead silence

Here is a few vids off my youtube page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84HHUIg-0Og&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80vLobzwUNE&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv9tPfIP8nU&feature=plcp

Link to my main page http://www.youtube.com/user/TOS98SS/videos

Last edited by BestDadEver; 07-22-2012 at 06:21 PM.
BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #80
disneydad78
DDC #106
More important its about having some FUN!
We just LOVE its a small world!!;)

OK so I play a old school game on my PC. DOD 1.3 Day of Defeat 1.3 not source 1.3
Im in the Hells Kitchen clan. hkgamers.com

We also play Left 4 Dead 2 versus mode. on PC also. If you play any of these games , send me a PM. Would love to play a round.
DISDADS member #106
(DD 16)(DS 12)(DS 8)(DW 32)(ME 35)
OffSite ('92) OffSite ('05) BonnetCreek ('07) BonnetCreek ('08) POR ('09) POR ('10) POR MVMCP ('11) POR MVMCP ('12) upcoming POR MNSSHP ('13)
disneydad78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #81
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

I see there are a few more on here. So we can add you to the list (and you can add others) please go to this thread to get your gamer tag on the list.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post46867426

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Bo Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #82
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Disney Infinity

Anybody seen this yet? IGN just got firewalled here so I can't read any previews.

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=oC_xhaIlgWQ
DIS Dad #400
Goofy + 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #83
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Anybody seen this yet? IGN just got firewalled here so I can't read any previews.

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=oC_xhaIlgWQ
Yeah, it looks cool. It is like a plussed up Skylanders.
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011

me dw ds(14) dd(7)
BigTex71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #84
boreas154
DisDads #728

Figured I might as well chime in here since I've been a gamer for years. Basically stick to PC games only, since I don't want to invest in a PS3 or Xbox. Currently only really playing SW:TOR during my limited free time. Also, a long time member of the Angels of Death gaming community (clanaod.net).
boreas154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #85
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

I don't know if you could classify me as a gamer. I like to play now and then but never really any good at anything nor do I devote much time to it. About a year ago I got the red light of death on my PS3 and have just been trying to see if I could get it fixed but recently came to the conclusion that wasn't going to happen. I had a Gen 1 machine with the 40GB hard drive.

Last night I went to Best Buy and bought a new one. I got a 250GB slim model and it came with Uncharted 3. Let me just first say that while the smaller size is nice the actual hardware seems awfully cheap and the top loading method with the sliding door was quite a disappoinment. Well, I get the thing set up with all my user info and go through getting all the programs up to date. Then when the trouble starts. I put in the new game and it starts to boot up. The first thing I notice is it is making quite a bit of noise. The game starts and as usual there is an update. So after it updates it starts to boot up and then freezes. I can tell the disc has stopped spinning. I reboot the system, first by pressing the power button, then by unplugging all together. Still nothing, the disc player is kaput.

So needless to say I have to go back tonight and try to exchange this thing. I'm not very excited about the construction of this nor the fact that the thing died straight out of the box. Wish me luck with the next unit.
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
jmwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #86
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post
I don't know if you could classify me as a gamer. I like to play now and then but never really any good at anything nor do I devote much time to it. About a year ago I got the red light of death on my PS3 and have just been trying to see if I could get it fixed but recently came to the conclusion that wasn't going to happen. I had a Gen 1 machine with the 40GB hard drive.

Last night I went to Best Buy and bought a new one. I got a 250GB slim model and it came with Uncharted 3. Let me just first say that while the smaller size is nice the actual hardware seems awfully cheap and the top loading method with the sliding door was quite a disappoinment. Well, I get the thing set up with all my user info and go through getting all the programs up to date. Then when the trouble starts. I put in the new game and it starts to boot up. The first thing I notice is it is making quite a bit of noise. The game starts and as usual there is an update. So after it updates it starts to boot up and then freezes. I can tell the disc has stopped spinning. I reboot the system, first by pressing the power button, then by unplugging all together. Still nothing, the disc player is kaput.

So needless to say I have to go back tonight and try to exchange this thing. I'm not very excited about the construction of this nor the fact that the thing died straight out of the box. Wish me luck with the next unit.
Had basically the same experience with my old PS3, but my frustrations were not that the new one didn't work, but that there's no backwards compatability with the PS2 games on the new ones. So now if I want to play my Battlefront games I need to go find a cheap ps2 somewhere! Very poorly made overall on the newer models. The old one was a tank, I loved it, haha.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #87
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest View Post

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the new one.

BTW: do you know if you may have power issues where you are plugging it in - causing power fluctuations?
DIS Dad Club Member #536

me dw ds(14) dd(7)
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #88
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the new one.

BTW: do you know if you may have power issues where you are plugging it in - causing power fluctuations?
I exchanged for a new one and it's working with no problems. Played a couple hours of Uncharted 3 which came with the bundle and so far it's holding up to the first 2. Of course today I read an article that Sony is going to make an announcement about PS4 this month. Impeccable timing on my part,

No power issues that I'm aware of. All the electronics there are run through a surge protector (TV, cable, DVD).
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
jmwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #89
Disnewbie76
Mouseketeer

So anyone play pc games anymore? The reason I ask, is that I was thinking that after my family and I return from our WDW trip on the 17th, that i might pick up a copy of the new simcity 5 that's coming out on the 5th. I haven't played any of those games in years and from the videos and media I have seen of this game it looks pretty amazing. It even has a multi-player aspect, and I thought it would be cool to have someone else to play along with. :D
Disnewbie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #90
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disnewbie76 View Post
So anyone play pc games anymore? The reason I ask, is that I was thinking that after my family and I return from our WDW trip on the 17th, that i might pick up a copy of the new simcity 5 that's coming out on the 5th. I haven't played any of those games in years and from the videos and media I have seen of this game it looks pretty amazing. It even has a multi-player aspect, and I thought it would be cool to have someone else to play along with. :D
I saw an article on IGN.com about the new SimCity. It sounds really cool and I would like to get it, but I think my computer couldn't handle it well. And the only gaming time I get nowadays, I try to play Black Ops II on the Xbox360.
DIS Dad Club Member #536

me dw ds(14) dd(7)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: