Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #46
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
They've "frozen" my XBL account. If I want to play, I need to create a new XBL account (now I have to think up a new gamertag). They'll send me a code to redeem that will allow me to play for a month while they do their investigation. What a drag...
Bummer. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, they find out what happened and get it resolved in a timely manner.
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011

me dw ds(13) dd(7)

BigTex71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #47
Turkey Lurkey
DDC 551
Geeks can help people too
For some reason, I have been banished from the room

Quote:
They've "frozen" my XBL account. If I want to play, I need to create a new XBL account (now I have to think up a new gamertag). They'll send me a code to redeem that will allow me to play for a month while they do their investigation. What a drag...
Ugh. You know, you can just create an offline account for the interim. Save the code for when you get your old account back....

TL
DIS Dad's Member #551
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
A Very Turkey Trip Report: 1/22/11 - 1/29/11 - Updated, but never complete!
Turkey Lurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #48
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Well that was fast. I got an e-mail this morning saying that the investigation is complete. I think that means I can use my old GT, but I'll call microsoft to confirm. I've already changed my Windows Live password so I think that should take care of it. The best news is that it appears my XBOX account was hacked and not my credit card account. I know the CC is linked to the XBOX account, but it feels better knowing that this knucklehead could only buy microsoft points. Plus the fine folks at Chase aren't going to hold those charges against me. Long story short- a new password and new CC# and I should be ok. Oh- and I got my 1600 points back. They also gave me several codes to redeem for my trouble. I think I'll wind up getting two free months out of this.
DIS Dad #400

Goofy + 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #49
Turkey Lurkey
DDC 551
Geeks can help people too
For some reason, I have been banished from the room

Quote:
Well that was fast. I got an e-mail this morning saying that the investigation is complete. I think that means I can use my old GT, but I'll call microsoft to confirm. I've already changed my Windows Live password so I think that should take care of it. The best news is that it appears my XBOX account was hacked and not my credit card account. I know the CC is linked to the XBOX account, but it feels better knowing that this knucklehead could only buy microsoft points. Plus the fine folks at Chase aren't going to hold those charges against me. Long story short- a new password and new CC# and I should be ok. Oh- and I got my 1600 points back. They also gave me several codes to redeem for my trouble. I think I'll wind up getting two free months out of this.
Glad to hear that it was resolved so quickly and with little to no real damage was done!

TL
DIS Dad's Member #551
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
A Very Turkey Trip Report: 1/22/11 - 1/29/11 - Updated, but never complete!
Turkey Lurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #50
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Ok guys, we just had Christmas with my dad (i know that was two months ago), and as we thought they bought the boys a Xbox 360. Now I know nothing about the Xbox or xbox live. I have been a PS guy. So how does the whole online thing work and what do you guys all do? Would love to be able to join you all in Black ops or MW3 soon. Looks like there is a fee involved and not sure if the wife will let me open that door yet.

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Bo Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #51
katoot
DDC
And OWNAGE
I'm up for revealing on both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
Ok guys, we just had Christmas with my dad (i know that was two months ago), and as we thought they bought the boys a Xbox 360. Now I know nothing about the Xbox or xbox live. I have been a PS guy. So how does the whole online thing work and what do you guys all do? Would love to be able to join you all in Black ops or MW3 soon. Looks like there is a fee involved and not sure if the wife will let me open that door yet.
Quite a few games come with a free trial of Xbox Live Gold, some for a couple days, some for a month. You could also subscribe for a month or a year. Also, sometimes there are special deals where a month or year subscription will be discounted.

DIS Dad Member #598
(me) (DW) (DS) (DS)
Runs:
04/07/12 Gyeongju Cherry Blossom 10k (first ever run): 59:11
06/10/12 Pohang Marathon 10k: 1:01:37

Past visits:
WDW: March 1987 & 1988
Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea: March 2006
WDW/Unversal: January 2011

A Magical Journey...Bookended by Some Airport Troubles
katoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #52
fgtriot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBrad79 View Post
I just found out the house is all mine this weekend... I think I will play MW3 in my boxers ALL WEEKEND LONG!
thats my kind of weekend!

For us:

Xbox 360 w/ Kinect
Wii w/ Board
Nintendo 64
DS x4

I am an RPg fan myself. Currently involved in Epic mickey, Zelda Twilight Princess, and Fable 3. I enjoy first person shooters but I am not that good at them.
fgtriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:20 AM   #53
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Well got all excited about hooking up the xbox. Had it all hooked up. connected to the internet and my computer. Then it wanted to update. so I let it do that. Then it locked up, and then.......................................

RED CIRCLE OF DEATH

Talked to my brother last night. He was the one that purchased it from Gamestop. He said it might be able to go back. He would call them and check this morning. So we will see if we have a paperweight or not.

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Old 02-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #54
Goofy + 3
DDC 400

Quote:
Well got all excited about hooking up the xbox. Had it all hooked up. connected to the internet and my computer. Then it wanted to update. so I let it do that. Then it locked up, and then.......................................

RED CIRCLE OF DEATH

Talked to my brother last night. He was the one that purchased it from Gamestop. He said it might be able to go back. He would call them and check this morning. So we will see if we have a paperweight or not.
Did anything show up on your screen when that happened? Did it say "E68"? If so, I can talk you through how to fix it.
DIS Dad #400

Old 02-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #55
Bo Duke

nothing. Just locked up. Now nothing comes up on the screen at all.
Stupid updates.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #56
Bo Duke

Quote:
Did anything show up on your screen when that happened? Did it say "E68"? If so, I can talk you through how to fix it.
Being it did it during an update, is it possible that the update half installed and now needs to be reset again some how.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #57
Goofy + 3
DDC 400

Quote:
Being it did it during an update, is it possible that the update half installed and now needs to be reset again some how.
Not sure about that. But if you just got it from Gamestop, I imagine they'll have to take care of you (although I know nothing of their return policies). In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt to try this:
Turn off xbox
remove the hard drive.
blow in to the hard drive to remove dust.
gently tap the hard drive on something. gently.
put hard drive back on to the unit.
Turn machine back on.

That's pretty much how you fix the E68 error. Sounds ridiculously simple, but it's worked for me. There are youtube videos that show you how to troubleshoot different RROD problems. I've had to do that twice. It's a whole lot easier than negotiating a repair with Microsoft.
DIS Dad #400

Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #58
Bo Duke

Quote:
Not sure about that. But if you just got it from Gamestop, I imagine they'll have to take care of you (although I know nothing of their return policies). In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt to try this:
Turn off xbox
remove the hard drive.
blow in to the hard drive to remove dust.
gently tap the hard drive on something. gently.
put hard drive back on to the unit.
Turn machine back on.

That's pretty much how you fix the E68 error. Sounds ridiculously simple, but it's worked for me. There are youtube videos that show you how to troubleshoot different RROD problems. I've had to do that twice. It's a whole lot easier than negotiating a repair with Microsoft.
No dice. Did the sync thing to get the code and get a 0020 code. when you shake it it sounds like something is loose. So sounds to me like the common solder ring of death deal.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #59
Bo Duke

Well I have to say my wife is the best. She exchanged the xbox today. the manager was awesome and said she was supposed too have a Microsoft controller not a gamestop one. So we now have a wireless control. Plus she bought a second control.

Now I would have been happy with that but then she shocked me. She bought the kinect and that came with two games. She bought the Disneyland game and put a hold on the kinect Starwars game that comes out in April.

AWESOME

Old 02-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #60
Goofy + 3
DDC 400

Quote:
Well I have to say my wife is the best. She exchanged the xbox today. the manager was awesome and said she was supposed too have a Microsoft controller not a gamestop one. So we now have a wireless control. Plus she bought a second control.

Now I would have been happy with that but then she shocked me. She bought the kinect and that came with two games. She bought the Disneyland game and put a hold on the kinect Starwars game that comes out in April.

AWESOME
Wow! Is it your birthday? I'm almost afraid to ask, but does it work?
DIS Dad #400

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: