Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #46
nickkweber
Earning My Ears

I can't believe I have never stumbled upon the disdads before. This is awesome. I think I fit right in you wonderful club. My wife just recently told me that I have disney on the brain 24/7. Which is true. The disdads looks like an awesome forum to be involved in. I already have downloaded the lasted podcast and can't wait to listen.
nickkweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #47
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickkweber View Post
I can't believe I have never stumbled upon the disdads before. This is awesome. I think I fit right in you wonderful club. My wife just recently told me that I have disney on the brain 24/7. Which is true. The disdads looks like an awesome forum to be involved in. I already have downloaded the lasted podcast and can't wait to listen.
Nick. Make sure to post in the current DDC thread here - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2837904 - so that Emma's Dad sees your post and can assign you a member number.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #48
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Welcome!!!!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #49
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
to the CLUB!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #50
W8n4night
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by W8n4night View Post
Married: 24 years and a bit
Family: DW (What ever number I'm told) DS 21, DS12
Work: Manager Prevention Services
Favorite Food: Prime Rib
Favorite Drink: Coffee, Pepsi and Single Malt
Hobbies:Golf, Cooking and all things Music and Movies
Old 04-22-2012, 04:20 AM   #51
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

I think I qualify

Well after looking at your list of posible qualifiers I think I fit, I stoped conting when I hit 10. I am a dad from Wisconsin I have traveled to Disney several times since 2008 (including DLR Dec 08, WDW Jan 11, WDW Nov 11, DLR Jan 12) and many times before that. We just closed on our first DVC contract and we have two trips planed this year one in Sept with my mother and one in November with my mother and grandparents. Then there is next year and the return to Disneyland to see Carsland. Well I hope you acept me and I can be all the member I can be.

Hi my name is Jason and I have a Disney adiction that work is getting in the way of.

Thank You

Oh and yes I got married at Broadwalk.

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #52
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey View Post
Well after looking at your list of posible qualifiers I think I fit, I stoped conting when I hit 10. I am a dad from Wisconsin I have traveled to Disney several times since 2008 (including DLR Dec 08, WDW Jan 11, WDW Nov 11, DLR Jan 12) and many times before that. We just closed on our first DVC contract and we have two trips planed this year one in Sept with my mother and one in November with my mother and grandparents. Then there is next year and the return to Disneyland to see Carsland. Well I hope you acept me and I can be all the member I can be.

Hi my name is Jason and I have a Disney adiction that work is getting in the way of.

Thank You

Oh and yes I got married at Broadwalk.

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #53
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

where do I go

I keep running in to Closed Threads, where do I post to get my number from Emmas Dad. if you could help that would be great.
Thanks for the great welcome, the dog is very cool.

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #54
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey View Post
I keep running in to Closed Threads, where do I post to get my number from Emmas Dad. if you could help that would be great.
Thanks for the great welcome, the dog is very cool.
Please chick HERE!

Old 04-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #55
gingerbcop
Earning My Ears

My name is Daniel and I too am addicted to DW. I love taking my entire family to Disney, started doing it in 2006, and will continue to do so. My wife and I plan to retire from our professions after our boys grow up, move to Florida, and get jobs at DW.
My wife and I also have spent two of our last three anniversaries at DW and plan to take a Disney Cruise next year for our 25th.
We are just three long months away from returning to DW with the entire Ginger family including: my wife, 5 sons, 2 of my boys girlfriends, and first grandson. Its going to be a blast to introduce Disney to my grandson (2yoa) and his mom who has never, ever been at DW.
I believe that I am a total DIS dad and would like the privilege to become one of its distinctive members.

July 2006 Full Ginger Family (DW, DS1, DS2, DS3, DS4, DS5, DSisinlaw, & I) @ Coronado Springs Resort for D.A.R.E. Conference.
March 2010 Ginger Parents (DW & I) @ Caribbean Beach Resort for 23rd Anniversary.
March 2011 Ginger Parents (DW & I) @ Port Orleans Resort - Riverside for 24th Anniversary.
October 2011 Ginger Partial Family (DW, DS4, DS5, & I) @ Caribbean Beach Resort for a Birthdayx2/Halloween Celebration.
August 2012 Ginger Family (DW, DS1, DS2, DS2GF, DS3, DS3GF, DGS1, DS4, DS5, & I) @ Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village for a Birthdayx3/Family Celebration.
May 2013 Ginger Parents (DW & I) @ Boardwalk Villas for Silver Anniversary.
gingerbcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #56
HarryLeg
Misplaced Southerner

My name is Josh and I believe that I fit the description of a Dis Dad. My passion started back in 1997.
I got married and got a son in the process, he was 10 and had never been to Disney. I had been twice as a child (73 and 78) and liked Disney but thought Bush Gardens (Williamsburg)was better. Back in the 70's it was only MK and River Country. I was raised on Disney movies and the last few seasons of 'The Wonderful World of Disney', WDW was fun but was part of a larger trip to FL that included other destinations.
The planning started that spring for a trip that summer and it was my job to handle it. Started looking at rooms and thought onsight sounded like fun so I booked POFQ. That's all the planning I did for that trip.
We arrived at POFQ that summer and something started to click. I bought tickets at check in and ended up with park hoppers with water parks. We went everywhere and did everything (and I didn't have to drive). Parks early in the morning, waterparks for the afternoon and back to the parks at night. We had a blast and bonded more as a 'new' family. I was addicted.
Upon returning I started lurking around Disney sites, planning the next trip. We vacation at other places but agree as a family that WDW is our favorite destination.
We just got back from a trip in March and are planning a trip for summer of 2013.
June 03 AKL; June 00 POFQ; August 97 POFQ;
78 Offsite; 72 Offsite.
HarryLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #57
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLeg View Post
My name is Josh and I believe that I fit the description of a Dis Dad. My passion started back in 1997.
I got married and got a son in the process, he was 10 and had never been to Disney. I had been twice as a child (73 and 78) and liked Disney but thought Bush Gardens (Williamsburg)was better. Back in the 70's it was only MK and River Country. I was raised on Disney movies and the last few seasons of 'The Wonderful World of Disney', WDW was fun but was part of a larger trip to FL that included other destinations.
The planning started that spring for a trip that summer and it was my job to handle it. Started looking at rooms and thought onsight sounded like fun so I booked POFQ. That's all the planning I did for that trip.
We arrived at POFQ that summer and something started to click. I bought tickets at check in and ended up with park hoppers with water parks. We went everywhere and did everything (and I didn't have to drive). Parks early in the morning, waterparks for the afternoon and back to the parks at night. We had a blast and bonded more as a 'new' family. I was addicted.
Upon returning I started lurking around Disney sites, planning the next trip. We vacation at other places but agree as a family that WDW is our favorite destination.
We just got back from a trip in March and are planning a trip for summer of 2013.
Welcome Josh! Stop on over on the 'main' thread and say hi. Emma's Dad (Don) will be around shortly to assign you your DDC #!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2916764
Old 04-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #58
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbcop View Post
My name is Daniel and I too am addicted to DW. I love taking my entire family to Disney, started doing it in 2006, and will continue to do so. My wife and I plan to retire from our professions after our boys grow up, move to Florida, and get jobs at DW.
My wife and I also have spent two of our last three anniversaries at DW and plan to take a Disney Cruise next year for our 25th.
We are just three long months away from returning to DW with the entire Ginger family including: my wife, 5 sons, 2 of my boys girlfriends, and first grandson. Its going to be a blast to introduce Disney to my grandson (2yoa) and his mom who has never, ever been at DW.
I believe that I am a total DIS dad and would like the privilege to become one of its distinctive members.
Daniel!!!!

Stop on over and introduce yourself on the main thread!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2916764
Old 05-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #59
IndianaStitch
Disney Veteran

I have found me a Home

Hello, Kevin here, Would love to join. A little about myself..... Moved to the Orlando area from Indiana in 2005. Thought it would be great to live and work at WDW. worked at MK for 5 months and realalized I just couldn't make it so I packed up the family and moved back to IN. I am on my second marrige I have a DD 18 and DS 6mos as of this post.... Yes I'm starting all over again. I'm 44 DW30, she doesn't get the Disney craziness that my DD and I share but she does go along with it
IndianaStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #60
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaStitch View Post
Hello, Kevin here, Would love to join. A little about myself..... Moved to the Orlando area from Indiana in 2005. Thought it would be great to live and work at WDW. worked at MK for 5 months and realalized I just couldn't make it so I packed up the family and moved back to IN. I am on my second marrige I have a DD 18 and DS 6mos as of this post.... Yes I'm starting all over again. I'm 44 DW30, she doesn't get the Disney craziness that my DD and I share but she does go along with it
Welcome to the DISDads Kevin. Come on over the the Fatherthread and introduce yourself to the other Dads. Emma's Dad will give you your very own office members number!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: