Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #16
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Chris, I would post this in XI thread for Emma's Dad to see.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 8/22/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #17
Hunnypaw
Encinitas, CA

Request to Join Dis Dads

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
You've found us!!

You have just stumbled upon the Dis Dad's forum!!! Please read the criteria on becoming a DIS Dad- the process is very grueling:

1) Read through what makes a DIS DAD HERE
2) If you fit into 1 or 100 of the categories....
3) Tell us about yourself and
4) You're IN!

Emma's Dad, AKA the man who hands out the official club number, will be around to welcome you shortly!!!!
Hi Dis Dads!

I would really like to join the fraternity! Per the criteria to join, I have identified a few of the categories that resemble me and/or my family.
  • You have friends and family that do not understand why you vacation in WDW every year (or at least talk about doing it).
  • You have Disney songs on your MP3 player.
  • You have Disney Ringtones for your cell phone.
  • You constantly watch disney movies.
  • You have a disney CD in your car or truck right now.
  • Your wife can't tell the Disney princesses apart, but you can.
  • You did your best to "brainwash" your kids early so they wouldn't have any problem ever wanting to go on a Disney Vacation.
  • You DO call DVC your second home.

About me – Native San Diegan who loves SD and will only leave to go to WDW or DL… but willing to go to (Hawaii) Aulani if my arm gets bent hard enough and I get to bring my golf clubs as a means of physical therapy to rehab said arm.

Anyway, I just downloaded the Dis Dads Podcast and look forward to learning more about you all!

I appreciate your consideration to become a member. If bestowed a membership I will order a Dis Dad T-shirt to show my allegiance!

Again, thanks to all!

Hunnypaw

DIS Dad Club Member #623
Me , DW , DD
________
Nikon D200 | Nikkor 80-200 | Sigma 15mm f-eye
Hunnypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #18
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunnypaw View Post
Hi Dis Dads!

I would really like to join the fraternity! Per the criteria to join, I have identified a few of the categories that resemble me and/or my family.
  • You have friends and family that do not understand why you vacation in WDW every year (or at least talk about doing it).
  • You have Disney songs on your MP3 player.
  • You have Disney Ringtones for your cell phone.
  • You constantly watch disney movies.
  • You have a disney CD in your car or truck right now.
  • Your wife can't tell the Disney princesses apart, but you can.
  • You did your best to "brainwash" your kids early so they wouldn't have any problem ever wanting to go on a Disney Vacation.
  • You DO call DVC your second home.

About me – Native San Diegan who loves SD and will only leave to go to WDW or DL… but willing to go to (Hawaii) Aulani if my arm gets bent hard enough and I get to bring my golf clubs as a means of physical therapy to rehab said arm.

Anyway, I just downloaded the Dis Dads Podcast and look forward to learning more about you all!

I appreciate your consideration to become a member. If bestowed a membership I will order a Dis Dad T-shirt to show my allegiance!

Again, thanks to all!

Hunnypaw
Hunnypaw. glad to have you on board the crazy train. Come join us on the fatherthread here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2743068. I'm going to carry your message there so you can get a proper welcome and your official number from Emma's Dad.

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #19
Hunnypaw
Encinitas, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Hunnypaw. glad to have you on board the crazy train. Come join us on the fatherthread here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2743068. I'm going to carry your message there so you can get a proper welcome and your official number from Emma's Dad.
Thanks for the welcome, Cinderella's Fella!

Okay... I will check out the "fatherthread" for a proper greeting!

DIS Dad Club Member #623
Me , DW , DD
________
Nikon D200 | Nikkor 80-200 | Sigma 15mm f-eye
Hunnypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #20
gcferg
Mouseketeer

Looking to join other Disney Crazy Dads

I am a father of DS10 and DS4 and have been to WDW on 15 different trips from childhood to having children of my own. Going through the list these are the ones that pertain to me.

1. Your passion for Disney equals that of a 7 year old kid.
2. You have a wife that thinks you are a big kid.
3. You get more excited than your kids when a trip to WDW is planned (or the excitement at least equals that of your kids).
4. You planned your next Disney trip the day after returning from Disney World.
5. Your eyes start to water with tears of joy when you see your kids having a great time at WDW (and you secretly try to dry your eyes).
6. You have friends and family that do not understand why you vacation in WDW every year (or at least talk about doing it).
7. You have Disney songs on your MP3 player.
8. You constantly watch disney movies.
9. You have trivia contests in the car with your wife like "name all the attractions at Epcot going counter-clockwise."
10. When you and your wife are reading the DISboards she asks you "what is ToT, RnRR, EE and BTMRR, and you know the answers.
11. You did your best to "brainwash" your kids early so they wouldn't have any problem ever wanting to go on a Disney Vacation.
12. You can't decide if you want to go on a Disney Cruise, to Walt Disney World, or to Disneyland for your next vacation (if you can afford it the Disney Resorts over seas are in the equation as well).
13. You have helped plan many Disney vacations for fellow employees in your department. Now you are getting phone calls from other departments asking, "Hey are you the guy I need to talk to about planning my Disney Vacation?"

Ok in the interest of space I need to stop. It would be easier to list what doesn't apply to me.

Looking forward to meeting like minded dads

Offsite 81,83,86,87,88,90,91,93 All Star Movies 95,05,06 Coronado 08 AKL Kidani 10 Saratoga Springs 11
gcferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #21
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcferg View Post
I am a father of DS10 and DS4 and have been to WDW on 15 different trips from childhood to having children of my own. Going through the list these are the ones that pertain to me.

1. Your passion for Disney equals that of a 7 year old kid.
2. You have a wife that thinks you are a big kid.
3. You get more excited than your kids when a trip to WDW is planned (or the excitement at least equals that of your kids).
4. You planned your next Disney trip the day after returning from Disney World.
5. Your eyes start to water with tears of joy when you see your kids having a great time at WDW (and you secretly try to dry your eyes).
6. You have friends and family that do not understand why you vacation in WDW every year (or at least talk about doing it).
7. You have Disney songs on your MP3 player.
8. You constantly watch disney movies.
9. You have trivia contests in the car with your wife like "name all the attractions at Epcot going counter-clockwise."
10. When you and your wife are reading the DISboards she asks you "what is ToT, RnRR, EE and BTMRR, and you know the answers.
11. You did your best to "brainwash" your kids early so they wouldn't have any problem ever wanting to go on a Disney Vacation.
12. You can't decide if you want to go on a Disney Cruise, to Walt Disney World, or to Disneyland for your next vacation (if you can afford it the Disney Resorts over seas are in the equation as well).
13. You have helped plan many Disney vacations for fellow employees in your department. Now you are getting phone calls from other departments asking, "Hey are you the guy I need to talk to about planning my Disney Vacation?"

Ok in the interest of space I need to stop. It would be easier to list what doesn't apply to me.

Looking forward to meeting like minded dads
WELCOME!!!! head on over to the main disdad thread (weres perry) for a proper greeting.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #22
DisneyInvader
Earning My Ears

Hoping to join

While I was looking over the list of qualifiers I was laughing out loud because so many of them fit me. Where do I start? I went to Disney when I was 11 and than again when I was twelve. I didn't go back until I was 33, and that was when I fell in love with it. I made that trip with my girl friend (now wife). A little bit about us. We met in January 2006 (for the second time). The first time we met was in 1987 when our dads decided to drive to the Citrus Bowl to see Penn State play. They took their kids too, I was 12, she was 7. We went to WDW together and then met again 18 years later. After 5 years of dating we got married. Two years before we were married we went to Disney together using her parents DVC. I had never heard of DVC before but when I got to Disney it was all I watched on the TV while we stayed at SSR. Once we left all I wanted to do was go back. From our time in the parks to our wonderful meals, especially Victoria and Albert's I was hooked. The next spring I purchased at BLT and the rest is history. We used our DVC to go to WDW and the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon and now we are heading back to WDW the day after Thanksgiving with our son. He will only be 7 months but i need a Disney fix and he is never to young to start. I constantly find my self looking through the Disboards for new info on Disney. Although my wife isn't as big a lover of Disney as I am she understands because her father was. I hope you will accept me into the DisDads.

Chris

Last edited by DisneyInvader; 07-15-2011 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Add info
DisneyInvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #23
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyInvader View Post
While I was looking over the list of qualifiers I was laughing out loud because so many of them fit me. Where do I start? I went to Disney when I was 11 and than again when I was twelve. I didn't go back until I was 33, and that was when I fell in love with it. I made that trip with my girl friend (now wife). A little bit about us. We met in January 2006 (for the second time). The first time we met was in 1987 when our dads decided to drive to the Citrus Bowl to see Penn State play. They took their kids too, I was 12, she was 7. We went to WDW together and then met again 18 years later. After 5 years of dating we got married. Two years before we were married we went to Disney together using her parents DVC. I had never heard of DVC before but when I got to Disney it was all I watched on the TV while we stayed at SSR. Once we left all I wanted to do was go back. From our time in the parks to our wonderful meals, especially Victoria and Albert's I was hooked. The next spring I purchased at BLT and the rest is history. We used our DVC to go to WDW and the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon and now we are heading back to WDW the day after Thanksgiving with our son. He will only be 7 months but i need a Disney fix and he is never to young to start. I constantly find my self looking through the Disboards for new info on Disney. Although my wife isn't as big a lover of Disney as I am she understands because her father was. I hope you will accept me into the DisDads.

Chris
Welcome DisneyInvader.
Just what we need, another Chris.

(Sorry, just kidding about the Chris thing)

Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #24
RobOnDisney
Mouseketeer

Hey friends-- checking in over here to see what Dis Dads are all about. Dad of three boys and working to adequately addict them all to Disney before maturity ruins them. Founder of Disney Family Man-- a blog by addicted Disney dads aka people just like the rest of us!

Founder of Disney Family Man
RobOnDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #25
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobOnDisney View Post
Hey friends-- checking in over here to see what Dis Dads are all about. Dad of three boys and working to adequately addict them all to Disney before maturity ruins them. Founder of Disney Family Man-- a blog by addicted Disney dads aka people just like the rest of us!
Rob. Enjoy the clubhouse.

We also congregate at http://disdads.com/

I'm off to check out your Disney Family Man site now

Old 07-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #26
DisneyInvader
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
Rob. Enjoy the clubhouse.

We also congregate at http://disdads.com/

I'm off to check out your Disney Family Man site now
How do I get a DisDad number?
DisneyInvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #27
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyInvader View Post
How do I get a DisDad number?
Yeah - sorry. That's gotten kind of confusing with the launch of the new subforum. Our official number-assigner Don (a/k/a Emma's Dad) usually watches whichever is the current "fatherthread" for new members, currently Dis Dads Club XI.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #28
Electric Mayhem
Earning My Ears

Hi Gents,

Just found this. Up 'till now these boards had a decidedly estogen fueled vibe. Sign me up.

I'm the Disney nut in the house but my two girls are just about ready for full disney maniac status. My wife seems to think there is value in vacationing to places that aren't disney themed but we're not conviced. We've got a trip planned for Novemeber for the little one's 5th birthday (any excuse will do).

I look forward to talking with you guys. Thanks.

Me DW DD6 DD4
Poly - Sept. '02; POFQ - Jan. '05; Swan - Nov. '06; POR - Feb. '09; Poly - Feb. '10; Swan - Nov. '11
Electric Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:02 PM   #29
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Mayhem View Post
Hi Gents,

Just found this. Up 'till now these boards had a decidedly estogen fueled vibe. Sign me up.

I'm the Disney nut in the house but my two girls are just about ready for full disney maniac status. My wife seems to think there is value in vacationing to places that aren't disney themed but we're not conviced. We've got a trip planned for Novemeber for the little one's 5th birthday (any excuse will do).

I look forward to talking with you guys. Thanks.
Welcome!

Sit back and relax and enjoy the estrogen-less atmosphere!

Oh...and don't forget to check in over at the "father" thread....

click Here

Emma's Dad will be around to get you that magic disdads number too.

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
scott2997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:11 PM   #30
eon
Earning My Ears

After reading the criteria for admission, sign me up. I am currently making plans for my first wdw vacation and the current disney freak in the house. Hopefully this will be the first of many wdw vacations to come.

Ian

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: