Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #16
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Praying for those requests here. And a general praise for God's mercy and forgiveness.
ditto, nicely said don.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #17
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Sending good thoughts and prayers for all those posts on this thread who need God's mercy, as well as those who haven't had the strength to post here yet, but are also in need.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #18
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

I guess this is the place to post updates on the Schwab Family now....anyway...went to see Allison on Saturday and she was having a good day. She said she had been in the hospital for 40 days and 40 nights. I told her that with all the rian we have had she should have built an ark! I still find it hard to believe that Richard has been gone as long as he has. Allison was allowed to eat some saltine crackers and she was able to keep them down. So, hopefully that will be a good sign that her bowel is going to start doing what it needs to do. Depending on how she continues to do with solids she is due to be sent to Columbus, Ohio to the childrens hospital for rehab. Her doctors have told her that her paralysis will be permanent. Outwardly she is delaing with it VERY well. She said that at rehab she will be taught how to take care of herself as to not be dependent on others. They do not want her to have a motorized wheelchair so that she does not lose upper arm strength as well. She has thought about some modifications that she wants to make on her wheelchair which I guess is a good thing. She said the thing that made her feel the best last week was having her hair done and being able to put on makeup! Ahh the simple things in life! Continue to keep them all in your prayers..they still have a long road against them!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
GoHerd1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #19
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
I guess this is the place to post updates on the Schwab Family now....anyway...went to see Allison on Saturday and she was having a good day. She said she had been in the hospital for 40 days and 40 nights. I told her that with all the rian we have had she should have built an ark! I still find it hard to believe that Richard has been gone as long as he has. Allison was allowed to eat some saltine crackers and she was able to keep them down. So, hopefully that will be a good sign that her bowel is going to start doing what it needs to do. Depending on how she continues to do with solids she is due to be sent to Columbus, Ohio to the childrens hospital for rehab. Her doctors have told her that her paralysis will be permanent. Outwardly she is delaing with it VERY well. She said that at rehab she will be taught how to take care of herself as to not be dependent on others. They do not want her to have a motorized wheelchair so that she does not lose upper arm strength as well. She has thought about some modifications that she wants to make on her wheelchair which I guess is a good thing. She said the thing that made her feel the best last week was having her hair done and being able to put on makeup! Ahh the simple things in life! Continue to keep them all in your prayers..they still have a long road against them!
Thanks for the update. Will continue to pray for the family.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
wasnotafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #20
MichMickey
I want to go Home

Thank you for sharing on this thread! I prayed through each of these request also, please update whenever possible or as you feel moved. God Bless you all!
DDC member #472 Greg DW : DS11 DS9 1976 Polynesian Resort
1996 Wilderness Lodge-Greatest Honeymoon Ever! 2005 Wilderness Lodge-First trip with the boys! 2006 Off Property-Marriott Vacation Club 2007 Pop Century Resort 2010 Coronado Springs/Pop Century 2011 Pop Century-15th Anniversary Trip

MichMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #21
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Youtube video of the area near me that was hit by a Tornado...

LINK
Old 05-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #22
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

All, I would like to add the residents of a town called Slave Lake, AB. A number of people I grew up with are from this town and they have been devastated by wild fires.

This link shows the aftermath of the fire.
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2011/05/1...ave-lake-burns

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
middlepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #23
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
you got it, thanks for the up date steve. this poor family.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #24
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481

Found out that mom's brother, my uncle, is going in for heart bypass next Tuesday. At least it wasn't today so can't be THAT urgent, but still. Unfortunately, my beverly cousins will not be of much help since they don't get along with each other or their dad, and my aunt has Alzheimers so it will fall on my mom and dad to carry the major load of keeping my aunt and uncle fed and cared for until he is up and around again. Then on top of it, my in-laws called today and my wife's cousin is back in ICU with a blood sugar over 800. These are the times I wish we lived closer to help out more, but it is what it is.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #25
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

So I've been lurking on this thread and trying to pray through them on a regular basis.

I wanted to add a praise to this list. A while back I asked for people to remember my FIL. He had had prostate surgery and after the surgery he wound up with a blood clot in his lung. He wound up spending 4 days in the hospital for an outpatient procedure. The Dr's had a really hard time getting his blood back to the right thickness after they gave him the medicine to get rid of the clot. He seems to be close to back to normal now though and was even able to come visit Rach and the kids while I was travelling last week. We are all very thankful that the Dr.s were able to get everything worked out.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
IamTrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #26
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
So I've been lurking on this thread and trying to pray through them on a regular basis.

I wanted to add a praise to this list. A while back I asked for people to remember my FIL. He had had prostate surgery and after the surgery he wound up with a blood clot in his lung. He wound up spending 4 days in the hospital for an outpatient procedure. The Dr's had a really hard time getting his blood back to the right thickness after they gave him the medicine to get rid of the clot. He seems to be close to back to normal now though and was even able to come visit Rach and the kids while I was travelling last week. We are all very thankful that the Dr.s were able to get everything worked out.
Thanks for the prayer and glad to hear the Great Physician was at work as well as the physicians here!

The older I get the more I realize how much I will miss having my elders around when they are no longer here.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:10 AM   #27
jason4024
DIS Dad #541
I am sure you will get your fill of man things to do around these parts

Location: Coaldale, PA - 1,068 miles north of the happiest place on Earth

Joplin, MO Tornadoes

I was watching the news this morning and saw the tornadoes that hit the Joplin, MO area over the weekend. When I saw the name of the town, it just stuck with me. Is it possible that I saw it on here? Maybe one of the DisDads is from the area? If anyone else has any info, feel free to respond.

In any case, lets say an extra prayer for all those affected by the tornadoes.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #28
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Thoughts and prayers are being passed onto the folks in Joplin and Minneapolis as well as those dealing with fall out form the prior storms.

I may not post as often as I should, but I do read through here regularly and try to keep those folks posting here in my thoughts, so please continue to keep us all apprised of those to whom you are close, and we’ll continue to open our hearts up for them.
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #29
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Thoughts and prayers are being passed onto the folks in Joplin and Minneapolis as well as those dealing with fall out form the prior storms.

I may not post as often as I should, but I do read through here regularly and try to keep those folks posting here in my thoughts, so please continue to keep us all apprised of those to whom you are close, and we’ll continue to open our hearts up for them.
Definitley keeping them in our prayers.

I think it is so important that we remeber these folks, we never know when it could be one of us and in need of those prayers.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 7/12/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #30
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Praise.

For those of you whom read my 2009 Trip report...details in post #21...you know that my FIL has lived in a Nursing Home since June 2009.

He has a Brian Tumor which gives him a certain varied levels of Dementia...both from the tumor and poor blood circulation from a very bad heart. Anyway my wife has his POA and is in charge of his care.

She feels very guilty about having him in this facility...but we tried it at our house for 6 months and my wife about killed herself trying to take care of him...so he is where he needs to be.

Anyway my wife had him out for a trip to his heart doctor and while in the waiting room FIL told DW that he understood that she has had to make allot of tough choices for him, and that he wasn't always able to tell her that. He knew she had his best intrest at heart and was glad that she was the one making those choices. This rare moment of clarity from FIL was just what my wife needed as over the past few month she has been very depressed over her dad and his care.

So thank you God for giving my wife that moment with her father.

Tags
faith, praise, prayer, request

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: