Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Arrow The Official DisDads Prayer and Praise Thread

Problems or Blessings let us know about it.

Last edited by trennr; 05-25-2011 at 02:20 PM.
trennr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

As I've mentioned in the past, my FIL continues to struggle with cancer. My DW has now scheduled her second trip out there to be with him - 10 days in early June starting on the 6th. The tumors on his liver have doubled in size once again, and the doctors are saying failure could come in the next month or two. SIGH. The family out west has finally started to come to grips with what the future holds. It's not been fun watching his downward spiral from afar...

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
stopher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

OK...so I'll start by asking for prayers for those who were hit pretty hard by the Tornados a few weeks back. We don't get many events like that in Northeast Tennessee.

There was this one area aroung the Greene County and Washington County line along Hwy 107 called Camp Creek and Horse Creek that got hit pretty hard. (Google Map of area.)There were people there who typically had very little to start with, and after the tornados they are left sleeping in tents or less. Heard that there are some that just are sleeping under a tarp. There have been 7 reported deaths and multiple injuried.

While praying for these poor folk. I would also like to lift up a praise that my family escaped any tornado damage, and have been blessed enough to donate and help those that were effected.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
As I've mentioned in the past, my FIL continues to struggle with cancer. My DW has now scheduled her second trip out there to be with him - 10 days in early June starting on the 6th. The tumors on his liver have doubled in size once again, and the doctors are saying failure could come in the next month or two. SIGH. The family out west has finally started to come to grips with what the future holds. It's not been fun watching his downward spiral from afar...
Still praying for your DW and extended family.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
oXar
Mouseketeer

I don't talk about it much, but in 2008 my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. After having surgery she went in for a routine procedure to insert ports for chemo. During the surgery her artery was accidentally nicked, which caused internal bleeding and shut down all her organs.

They were able to bring her back but was in a coma for months and is now in a permanent vegetative state. She will be 45 this June and is resting comfortably at home, surrounded by her family.

The doctor's, after two years of hoping, finally told us that this was permanent and the brain damage suffered as a result of all the blood lost during the procedure is too severe to ever recover from. According to them, she can not hear, feel or see anything.

It is expected that she will eventually succomb to pneumonia or some sort of infection, either a blood infection or a bed sore. This could be in two weeks or two years.

At this point, I think that all we can hope and pray for is that she let's go soon and allows us, mainly her children, to begin healing.

She's my only sibling, and the person I shared my first Disney experience with. She's a fantastic mother and the best sister I could have ever hoped for.

Thank you guys in advance for your prayers.
oXar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
As I've mentioned in the past, my FIL continues to struggle with cancer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
OK...so I'll start by asking for prayers for those who were hit pretty hard by the Tornados a few weeks back...I would also like to lift up a praise that my family escaped any tornado damage, and have been blessed enough to donate and help those that were effected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oXar View Post
I don't talk about it much, but in 2008 my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer...
I will keep these in my prayers. Thanks for sharing gentlemen. A nice reminder to me that..."every misery that I miss is a new mercy; and therefore let us be thankful."
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
wasnotafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #7
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
I don't talk about it much...Thank you guys in advance for your prayers.
Praying for God's grace for your sister and your entire family.

Peace be with you.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Praying for those requests here. And a general praise for God's mercy and forgiveness.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Emma's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:32 PM   #9
DisneyDon1
Dis Dad's Club Member #591

Thankful

I am very blessed with my health now. Dec. 2005 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I went through 5 months of chemo. Jan 2007 it had spread to my left lung and I had 15% of my lung removed. Oct 2008 I got an infection in my right lung that put me in the hospital for a month. Since then I have gotten my health back and every thing is ok. I am very glad that my wife and daughter have not had to go through that again. It was very hard on them.
DisneyDon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #10
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Just dropped by to read through the list. Keeping track of things going on and keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #11
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
OK...so I'll start by asking for prayers for those who were hit pretty hard by the Tornados a few weeks back. We don't get many events like that in Northeast Tennessee.

There was this one area aroung the Greene County and Washington County line along Hwy 107 called Camp Creek and Horse Creek that got hit pretty hard. (Google Map of area.)There were people there who typically had very little to start with, and after the tornados they are left sleeping in tents or less. Heard that there are some that just are sleeping under a tarp. There have been 7 reported deaths and multiple injuried.

While praying for these poor folk. I would also like to lift up a praise that my family escaped any tornado damage, and have been blessed enough to donate and help those that were effected.
Quote:
I don't talk about it much, but in 2008 my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. After having surgery she went in for a routine procedure to insert ports for chemo. During the surgery her artery was accidentally nicked, which caused internal bleeding and shut down all her organs.

They were able to bring her back but was in a coma for months and is now in a permanent vegetative state. She will be 45 this June and is resting comfortably at home, surrounded by her family.

The doctor's, after two years of hoping, finally told us that this was permanent and the brain damage suffered as a result of all the blood lost during the procedure is too severe to ever recover from. According to them, she can not hear, feel or see anything.

It is expected that she will eventually succomb to pneumonia or some sort of infection, either a blood infection or a bed sore. This could be in two weeks or two years.

At this point, I think that all we can hope and pray for is that she let's go soon and allows us, mainly her children, to begin healing.

She's my only sibling, and the person I shared my first Disney experience with. She's a fantastic mother and the best sister I could have ever hoped for.

Thank you guys in advance for your prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Praying for those requests here. And a general praise for God's mercy and forgiveness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDon1 View Post
I am very blessed with my health now. Dec. 2005 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I went through 5 months of chemo. Jan 2007 it had spread to my left lung and I had 15% of my lung removed. Oct 2008 I got an infection in my right lung that put me in the hospital for a month. Since then I have gotten my health back and every thing is ok. I am very glad that my wife and daughter have not had to go through that again. It was very hard on them.
Praying for all of the above and praising God for the miracles that occur in life and death.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 8/22/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #12
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Praying for all of the above and praising God for the miracles that occur in life and death.
Ditto and well put. God Bless you guys. I will keep you and your loved ones in my prayers.
Chris Dis Dad #403 DW DS(14) DS(13) DD(11)

As Kid: 1978 Polynesian - 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel - Dec 2008 GF/Poly -
Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF - June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT -
Feb 2012 AKL - Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Jan 2014 TBD
DisDadDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #13
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

My parents have had an ongoing battle with the NYS Dept. of Env. Conservation for 11 years about a 2 acre parcel across the street from their house that the state deems as wetlands. Despite all we have done to be reasonable the state bureaucrats will have their way. We still dispute that it is wetlands but we have proposed a remediation plan that they dismiss outright despite bringing in an environmental consulting that pointed out all the flaws in the plan the state originally dictated. There were many flaws and I don't say that just because they are my parents, but also because I have a background in environmental science as well as a MS and Ph.D. in the plant science and over 20 years working with various state Extension services. Be that as it may, the state has summoned them to a meeting where they are going to dictate that the states plans must be followed as well as encumbering them (or their estate) with a 5 year follow-up plan. Last time my dad had to deal with this he ended up in the hospital with a massive heart attack and died twice on the table. At 75, he or my mother really don't need the work, expense or aggravation.

Prayers are appreciated that my folks have peace in this situation, that they can get it dealt with appropriately and inexpensively, that the state doesn't ***** the maximum fine as they have threatened and that I don't let this make me bitter. God has his plans but it seems to have been one thing after another for about the last decade.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
wasnotafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:18 AM   #14
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Prayers are appreciated that my folks have peace in this situation, that they can get it dealt with appropriately and inexpensively, that the state doesn't ***** the maximum fine as they have threatened and that I don't let this make me bitter. God has his plans but it seems to have been one thing after another for about the last decade.
Prayers for a quick and painless resolution.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #15
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

I just read though these again and prayed for each one as I read them. I also prayed that God would bless those who are praying for these, and watch over all the DisDads.

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faith, praise, prayer, request

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: