Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #46
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

I understand cost overruns but he is acting like this is a government contract. This after finally getting them to do it. When I gave him the deposit check he said work would start in 2-3 weeks. Five weeks later, he starts on the neighbor’s house. A week later, his house was finished and all they did was look at my house. At 7 weeks, I called him and asked what was going on. Left a message. A week later I left another message. This time they showed up a couple of days later. The work was done in a day. We have had a few heavy downpours since with no leaks so the work seems to be done well.

I will be sending him a check for the remaining balance on the original estimate and tell him that is all he is getting until he better explains how his estimate was so out of whack. The only notification that it would cost more was when I received the bill. If I am not satisfied I plan on reporting him to the BBB and the City. I want to be fair but come on. For a few hundred dollars more, I could have had that whole section of the roof done with another company, not the ¼ of it that they did.
cj9200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #47
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Angry Facebook

Facebook

I don't get on there...but I did have one spot that I would visit...The DDC Facebook page.

It was close to what I had envisioned for our new Dis Dads sub-forum...it had the wall aka the Main thread...and it had a Discussions Tab where one could go and post various topics.

Sometime earlier this week I get a flurry of e-mail with everyone posting there DIS screen names...which I didn't think too much of...and found a way to turn that Peanut Butterin Beverly off....but today I discover that the FB people are changing the format of "Groups" and now those Discussion Topics are nested deep into the Groups wall. SON of a Beverly

This banana is turned around and not wearing pants --->
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2011, 11:18 PM   #48
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Need to rant about the Bruins.. That was just aweful!!!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #49
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
I am truly frightened for the future of medicine! The inpatients keep getting more and more complicated and the residents seem to be getting stupider and stupider...

Phew. I feel better already! Maybe now I can go talk to one of the FMGs (foreign medical grads) without punching him in the face (which I assume would get me in trouble, right?)
Its okay to hit them, they aren't real people. (I am totally kidding)

<vent>
Like everyone, I hate flight delays. I'm sure a big portion of us have had the opportunity to be stuck in MCO for a couple more hours than we wanted. We'll I got stuck on the tarmac in Poland for over an hour because they couldn't get an accurate count of number of people on the plane. (This isn't meant to be a polish joke, I was flying an Irish airline, so it shouldn't reflect on polish people). It just seems that at this point in aviation history, basic counting should not be what's tripping us up.
</vent>

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
IamTrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #50
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Red
Blue
Green

Sorry had to be said!

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #51
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Our Majors lost today in OT, it was a tense exciting game, that is for sure. What really ticked me off, is that the majority of the fans were all Owen Sound Supporters, all driving 4 hours to cheer their team on. Mississaugians seem to suffer from the same affliction Toronto does, no support for any hockey outside of the Leafs......we are a city of well over half a million people, we should have no problem filling an arena.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

BigTikiDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #52
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

NYS Dept of Environmental Conservation and other bureaucrats that make regulatory decisions without understanding science. Time to visit my happy place before my BP goes spikes again.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
wasnotafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:07 AM   #53
katoot
DDC
And OWNAGE
I'm up for revealing on both

Slight rant/computer problem.
I was checking the website of a possible new job last night (and had DISBoards open on another window). I clicked on the wrong school, saw a pop-up update thing about Flash Player (I think, this MacBook is all in Korean for DW). I clicked cancel right away, but when I tried to close the window, it wouldn't. Everything I tried didn't work, so eventually, I just did one of those 5-second hard shut downs. Turn it back on and everything's working fine. Except for this website (disboards). My Quick Links...link won't work. Nor can I add any smilies by clicking on them or anything else to customize my replies (but I can change the fonts and sizes)...And it's not just on Safari, either. I tried logging in on Firefox and had the same problem.

DIS Dad Member #598
(me) (DW) (DS) (DS)
Runs:
04/07/12 Gyeongju Cherry Blossom 10k (first ever run): 59:11
06/10/12 Pohang Marathon 10k: 1:01:37

Past visits:
WDW: March 1987 & 1988
Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea: March 2006
WDW/Unversal: January 2011

A Magical Journey...Bookended by Some Airport Troubles
katoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #54
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Every Friday the 13th is followed by a Monday the 16th!!!

Got to work late!!!
Forgot my Badge!!!
next!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #55
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Facebook

I don't get on there...but I did have one spot that I would visit...The DDC Facebook page.

It was close to what I had envisioned for our new Dis Dads sub-forum...it had the wall aka the Main thread...and it had a Discussions Tab where one could go and post various topics.

Sometime earlier this week I get a flurry of e-mail with everyone posting there DIS screen names...which I didn't think too much of...and found a way to turn that Peanut Butterin Beverly off....but today I discover that the FB people are changing the format of "Groups" and now those Discussion Topics are nested deep into the Groups wall. SON of a Beverly

This banana is turned around and not wearing pants --->
Yes they have changed it a bit but they have added the new chat box so several dads can all chat at same time
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

DisneyDadC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #56
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Yes they have changed it a bit but they have added the new chat box so several dads can all chat at same time
They don't already?

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #57
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I haven't been on Facebook in a long time, but the e-mails are getting a bit annoying. If there's capability for several dad's to chat at the same time that might be a handy addtion though. I might need to check that out some evening.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #58
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I haven't been on Facebook in a long time, but the e-mails are getting a bit annoying. If there's capability for several dad's to chat at the same time that might be a handy addtion though. I might need to check that out some evening.
Just go to your notification preferences and turn off the Email notifications. I was getting inundated with FB Emails, and I went through I turned them all off. Ahhhhhh - bliss. I'm on FB often enough to see updates within a reasonable amount of time anyway.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:22 AM   #59
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
Just go to your notification preferences and turn off the Email notifications. I was getting inundated with FB Emails, and I went through I turned them all off. Ahhhhhh - bliss. I'm on FB often enough to see updates within a reasonable amount of time anyway.
Yeah, I've just got to remember go actually go to FB when I'm at home sometime. Haven't had much computer time at home the last couple of weeks and FB is blocked at work, so I've just been getting spammed.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #60
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

</RANT>

I'm sick and tired of buying CRUD when it comes to Sump Pumps! I just bought a replacement pump after my original pump died and the replacement pump after 8 months of usage is already having problems with the switch!

Thankfully I have a battery backup pump that has worked flawlessly each time the switch has failed.

Back to shopping for yet another new pump to keep the basement dry!

<RANT>

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
scott2997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beverly, not a thumb, peanut butter, rant

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: