Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #316
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
BWV or SSR?

If you had the option of two contracts for the same number of points and they cost the same, which of those resorts would you pick? SSR with the extra years or BWV for the location? If I pull the trigger, I think this is the decision I'd have to make.
BWV.

We purchased, in this order, SSR, BLT, BWV. So, even though I could have had more points at SSR, I bought BWV. Yes, BWV ends 12 years earlier, but you have a new booking category at BWV, standard, which is less points per stay. Plus, i expect that Disney will do some type of extension at BWV, similar to OKW. Also, SSR is usually always available because of its size, but you will not get to book standard view BWV at 7 months out. SSR is a great resort, but the real perk there is to book a THV 11 months out. We don't need the 3 BR so that's not a big deal for us.

Both have extra entertainment. At SSR, you can walk to DTD from CP and enjoy the fun. At BWV, you can walk on the boardwalk at night and enjoy that. With BWV, you can also walk to Epcot and boat to DHS. SSR now has two feature pools.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #317
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

i know I havent been on here in a bit and have some back reading to do.So sorry if this has already been talked about.
Has anyone taken advantage of the $399 premium annual pass for DVC members yet? I know there was concern about if you bought one this yr would you have to buy the premium next yr.I talked to member services and was told you can reduce back to regular AP next yr. So just throwing that out there.
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

DisneyDadC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #318
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC
i know I havent been on here in a bit and have some back reading to do.So sorry if this has already been talked about.
Has anyone taken advantage of the $399 premium annual pass for DVC members yet? I know there was concern about if you bought one this yr would you have to buy the premium next yr.I talked to member services and was told you can reduce back to regular AP next yr. So just throwing that out there.
We upgraded to PAP and it has been great, if we have the cash we will buy 2 vouchers before years end to keep the PAP next year otherwise back to AP for us. The 20% discount has been really nice for us.

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #319
moose615
DIS Veteran

I've been wondering something for future thought, if you own multiple contracts say 50 BLT and 150 SSR, and say you want to book at BLT at the 11 mo mark can you use the SSR points with the BLT pts to book at 11 mo mark at BLT?
Old 11-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #320
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
I've been wondering something for future thought, if you own multiple contracts say 50 BLT and 150 SSR, and say you want to book at BLT at the 11 mo mark can you use the SSR points with the BLT pts to book at 11 mo mark at BLT?
No, you can only use the home resort points. Let's say you have 50 SSR & 50 BLT. You cannot combine them and book BLT 11 months out. But, you could book X days at BLT w/ BLT points and at the 7 month mark, try to book adjacent days with the SSR points. Then, you MS note the reservations are linked so you don't have to take all your stuff out of the room.

Alternatively, you could just use borrow 50 BLT points and book at BLT with the 50 and have the 11 month mark. Then, bank 50 SSR forward so you have the same 100 points each year. Once borrowed, points cannot be un borrowed, but could be changed in that same UY to different resort or size of room.

Then, there is the whole points via different use years which just makes another few steps in there.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #321
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

No, you can only use the home resort points. Let's say you have 50 SSR & 50 BLT. You cannot combine them and book BLT 11 months out. But, you could book X days at BLT w/ BLT points and at the 7 month mark, try to book adjacent days with the SSR points. Then, you MS note the reservations are linked so you don't have to take all your stuff out of the room.

Alternatively, you could just use borrow 50 BLT points and book at BLT with the 50 and have the 11 month mark. Then, bank 50 SSR forward so you have the same 100 points each year. Once borrowed, points cannot be un borrowed, but could be changed in that same UY to different resort or size of room.

Then, there is the whole points via different use years which just makes another few steps in there.
Thanks Norm, once my SSR contract finishes ROFR and closes, I will have to play the 7mo mark game for VGC and also wait on DD fall break schedule
Old 11-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #322
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Thanks Norm, once my SSR contract finishes ROFR and closes, I will have to play the 7mo mark game for VGC and also wait on DD fall break schedule
I hear that VCG is one of the more difficult ones to get. Good luck. As for fall break, you have a couple more months before 7 month window, but SSR is a big resort and you should be able to get in there for sure.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #323
moose615
DIS Veteran

I read somewhere I can use points at the other DL resorts but GC is def my first choice love the CA hotel entrance and DD will love the pool
Old 11-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #324
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
I read somewhere I can use points at the other DL resorts but GC is def my first choice love the CA hotel entrance and DD will love the pool
You can use them there or at any WDW resorts, but you have to pay a fee, and it will cost you more points to stay there. DVC, DCL, WDW, DL are all considered companies, and you have the current perk of paying a fee and exchanging into them, with the exception of resale DVC points on cruises (I think). Most say the fee and exchange rate are not worth it. I think the best use of DVC points is at the DVC resorts.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #325
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

So, I have a question. Which would you prefer when taking your family?

Two trips to WDW per year (week long) in studios or

One trip to WDW per year (week long) in a 1 BR.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #326
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, I have a question. Which would you prefer when taking your family?

Two trips to WDW per year (week long) in studios or

One trip to WDW per year (week long) in a 1 BR.
Well of course knowing your family size the 1br would prob always be best, but mine of course is smaller so studios are perfect for us, even though I do plan on doing a treehouse SSR in the future, might make that one a split, but 2 trips a year sounds a lot better to me
Old 11-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #327
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Well of course knowing your family size the 1br would prob always be best, but mine of course is smaller so studios are perfect for us, even though I do plan on doing a treehouse SSR in the future, might make that one a split, but 2 trips a year sounds a lot better to me
Two trips is better than one. But, those 1 BRs are so awesome with all the space, furniture, and in room washer-dryer.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #328
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Two trips is better than one. But, those 1 BRs are so awesome with all the space, furniture, and in room washer-dryer.
I haven't done a weeklong trip yet but i can imagine how awesome the washer and dryer would be
Old 11-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #329
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
I haven't done a weeklong trip yet but i can imagine how awesome the washer and dryer would be
We did a 1 BR once. It was great. What I'm thinking, since I am afraid of this Trip during Spring Break during Easter, is to cancel that trip and use the points for a BLT 1 BR stay for the week before the cruise.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #330
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We did a 1 BR once. It was great. What I'm thinking, since I am afraid of this Trip during Spring Break during Easter, is to cancel that trip and use the points for a BLT 1 BR stay for the week before the cruise.
Do you think your DDs can handle doing a week and 4 days?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: