Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #16
2011bride
Mouseketeer

LOVE the engagement story! The pictures are very nice too! I love all the pictures you have drawn.
2011bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:52 PM   #17
Naylise&Jose
Disney Bride Naylise

Disney Wedding Consultant ~Beware~

Hey to all,

Thank you for reading and commenting on my posts so far.

I would like to share my journey as I contacted Disney's Fairytale Weddings. At first, I can honestly say, I didn't know absolutely nothing about Disney Weddings, neither did I know what I was getting myself into. So I requested the brochure and approx. 2-3 weeks later, I received it by mail. Soon after a wedding consultant contacted me by phone and welcomed me to the Disney Fairytale Weddings. I was really happy at first. My consultant was Bill Barchik. He asked me questions regarding my vision and budget. Although I wasn't sure of anything, I told him I would send him what I thought would be an ideal Disney wedding for me.

For months I was speaking with him, back and fourth (Advice: Bother the consultant, all you want).....:hap pytv:

Well about 7 months into the conversations, I became inpatient after not hearing from Bill for months on end. Everytime I called the office he was either out or in a meeting. So I waited patiently, and still no response.

Frustrated, I called Disney Fairytale Wedding to ask for a switch. They said they were going to put in the request. About 4 days after, Bill called me to ask me "Why was I trying to change"...I of course was shocked he ask, and I again could not say "because..." so I continued receiving emails from him.

As the months past, I became familiar with many Disney Brides on facebook and through conversations they would mention how Bill was horrible, Bill this, Bill that!!! on and on....I was like, "Maybe they had a bad experience, but hey let me try it out".....well finally, I had enough of it.

So months past and I didn't hear anything from Bill again, I was fed up and I could not take it no more. This past thursday I contacted Disney's Fairytale Wedding and I said I wanted a female consultant. Without hesitation they told me a new consultant will call me in 3 to 4 business day. I felt relief. Today around mid day, I received the call and it was Diane Mahoney, a very pleasant and very well known consultant for Disney. I felt relief....I just hope I never have t go through what I went through, it was a nightmare. Beware B.Barchik...... I am so sorry to say....But this is what Disboards are for....Making a Disney Wedding Planning Process go by smoother and better without any stress.

~Naylise~
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #18
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Location: Overland Park, KS...recently moved from Orlando area

Hi from a Facebook friend!

I love all your plans so far and your engagement was so special. I think that inside Cinderella's Castle is such a special place.

I look forward to seeing more!

Btw, love all of your drawn pictures. I wish I was talented enough to do that.
Deb loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #19
EllieBride
Mouseketeer

Hello from another one of your new FB friends... and congratulations on your romantic engagement and your upcoming DFTW!

Regarding the change with your sales consultant... good for you! My only regret was not asking for a new planner. I kept telling myself that it would get better, but it never did. Thankfully, I loved how everything turned out, but I still have to constantly force myself to quit thinking about the "if onlys..." I don't want that to happen to you
EllieBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #20
Fay
DIS Veteran

Wink Hola xxx

Fingers crossed your planning will go alot smoother now!

And about Bill.... hey you cant win them all!

Glad to hear from you!

xxx

Fay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: