Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #16
DisneyChicky
Earning My Ears

I love the Fall theme you are going with. Congrats!
DisneyChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #17
FutureDisneyBride
Earning My Ears

Thank you all so much for the support. I went and tried on the dress today and it is beautiful. But when i got home to put the pictures on my computer my computer some how caught a virus so now im on my BF's computer and i cant put them on here because i dont want him to see the dress because i think it might be the one but im keeping my options open because that is the first wedding dress i have ever tried on so i have more shopping around to do before i really decide!!!! But i really do love it and it fit me perfect without any thing needing to be altered which is wonderful!!!
FutureDisneyBride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2011, 03:56 AM   #18
Fay
DIS Veteran

Talking

Hey,

How exciting that you think u may have found a dress! I found mine quite early... my BMs and MOB kept telling me to keep my options open, and I did for a while! But when you go back and try on that dress YOU will know! I burst into tears! lol Was amusing!

Anyway... I am loving the autum theme, I like the idea of pumpkins... you could have lots of little ones for centre pieces with candles in! lol Just an idea! lol What about having like a pastle orange colour, maybe with a chocolate brown shash? then you could mix up the colours in the wedding? Hmmm... I see your predicament! l

Right, good luck with the dress hunt! Btw Im not getting married until May 2012 and I put a deposit on my dress in Oct 2010! lol

XXXX

Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #19
Sccrmnky2005
Already Earned My Ears ;)

WELCOME!! Glad to see another 2012 bride!! I bought my dress June or July of 2010 and I'm not getting married until June 2012. I just loved it so much I left it behind at Alfred Angelo, went to a few more dress stores, and couldn't betray my dress any longer I knew it was THE ONE! So if you go to other bridal shops and try on more dresses, and they don't make you feel like the first one and you keep thinking about that one then it's probably your dress!! GOOD LUCK

Can't wait to read more about your plans, everything looks wonderful so far!!
3/7/2010- 4 night Disney Wonder, Engagement Suprise
1/21/2011- 2 Night Disney Dream Preview Cruise
TRIP REPORT
6/23/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy- Western, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise
6/30/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy-Eastern, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise

Wedding PJ & TR
Sccrmnky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #20
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureDisneyBride View Post
Thank you guys very much!!! I know its way too early but i am going to our local Alfred Angelo's tomorrow because i saw a dress that i fell madly in love with it and i just want to try it on to see how it looks haha

Sleeping Beauty
Well i found out today that there are no ball rooms available on the day of our wedding so were going to have to pick somewhere else... so were thinking Ariels I havent really heard a lot about it but it looks nice. I havent been able to figure out exactly what color i want for my bridesmaids so can you guys help me out??? I like Orange because of the fall theme and i am obsessed with pumpkins but my mother in law likes the red apple color???

And i talked to my mother in law today and she told me i should do that, make the invitations and then go to a printing company to print them for me. Thank goodness because i was really scared about that, because i saw all these neat ideas for invitations but i couldnt figure out how people printed them from there own computers haha!!!
Wow, just wow on that dress. Thats so beautiful, I can see why you fell in love with it.

how many bridesmaids were u having? Because you could have orange with red sashes for some and vice versa for the others? OR you could have your MOH in one way and the rest in the vice versa option. I may be going OTT as I type this but all the possibilities make me excitable - I wish I had more then 2 bm's now ha ha x
Old 04-15-2011, 12:16 AM   #21
FutureDisneyBride
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys I'm going to have 3 Bridesmaids And Im actually thinking apple red dresses with a gold sash if i have sashes lol!!! But my laptop crashed lastnight so now im on my BF's very sad about that!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #22
FutureDisneyBride
Earning My Ears

Ok so i have a question for you guys and if you guys dont know the answer then im going to ask my wedding consultant. Were going to get a bar package but we know that certain guests dont drink alcohol so do we have to pay for this package for them also?? Other than that i have been trying to figure out how to make my own monogram, and i found a way to do it with Word but i dont have Word so ill have to wait till i go to my moms and use her word to make it!!! Other than that im going to JoAnne Fabrics today before i go to work to look at some things and get ideas!! Once June 21st (which is when we can confirm our date!!) comes were going to start making our save the dates!!! Oh and did i tell you guys we are planning our wedding and getting everything together but we are not Engaged yet!!! BF wants to do it and it be a complete surprise so i honestly have no idea when we will be getting engaged hopefully soon!!! What happened was we saw the date which is his favorite number (21) in my favorite month ( October) on the day that we have spent together since we started dating in 05 ( Sunday) So we knew this was our date. Even though we werent even engaged yet!!! haha
Old 04-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #23
Fay
DIS Veteran

Drinks Drinks Srinks

So your not engaged yet?! lol hehe

My friend got married at disney and they had paid for a bar, they got to choose both alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. I think they chose 4. A funny comment made by the staff at disney, my friend is from the UK also, but some of her family is irish - It was the most alcohol they had ever seen drank at any wedding! lol How funny!

What do you mean making a monogram? Sorry I must be having a blonde moment! hehe

Enjoying reading your PJ!

Faye

xxx

Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #24
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

If you get a package bar (open bar) you have to pay a fixed amount for every adult 21 and over, even if they drink nothing. You can do a hosted bar (bill on consumption). They will estimate how much each person 21 and over will drink, and charge you that much up front. Then they will tally how much each person actually drank on the day, and refund you (or charge you) accordingly. You can (I believe) also do a mix of package and hosted...say you only want a package bar for the cocktail hour then you want to switch to bill on consumption for the rest of the reception.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #25
FutureDisneyBride
Earning My Ears

Thank you guys very much for all the help!! So me my mom my boyfriends sister and his mom are all going dress shopping the first week in May!!! Im really excited because not only do i have to get my wedding dress for the Ceremony and reception but im also getting a short wedding dress to wear to the Disney parks after because since we are having a morning wedding a brunch reception we want to go enjoy the parks after with our families and we cant wear our wedding attire in the park so i am going to get a short white dress to wear!!! One more question i wanted to ask was did any of you guys get your engagement pictures done by a disney photographer and if so how much did it cost??
Old 04-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #26
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

You have just made my day! I was going to buy another white dress for the parks but DF thought I was mad So glad I'm not the only one

Do you know what kind of dress your looking for to enter the parks with?
Old 04-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #27
K80K
DIS Veteran

I had been hoping to do the same thing as well with the white dress for the parks. Throw on some Wedding Mickey ears and then enjoy the company of my friends.
~*Katie*~Half Fanatic #156
Up Next! ~ 9/29 Tower of Terror 10 Miler ~ 10/13 Baltimore Half ~
~*Race Results*~*Race Schedule*~
<3 Disney Fairytale Wedding <3 10/2012 <3
Cruises ~ Disney Dream 2/2011&11/2011 ~ Disney Fantasy 11/2012 ~
K80K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #28
FutureDisneyBride
Earning My Ears

So these are my favorite dresses so far.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_...ures-All-Gowns

But this one is by far my favorite but it depends on how much i spend on my actual wedding dress because this one is expensive

http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collecti...pg=5&colorId1=

Its not letting me post them as pictures so i just posted the link\!!! Whjat do you think?? and how about you guys??
Old 04-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #29
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Quote:

But this one is by far my favorite but it depends on how much i spend on my actual wedding dress because this one is expensive

Its not letting me post them as pictures so i just posted the link\!!! Whjat do you think?? and how about you guys??
OMG! That Alfred Angelo dress is awesome. I can see why its your fave.

If you couldn't buy that one then the first one would be my pick.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:17 PM   #30
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you guys very much for all the help!! So me my mom my boyfriends sister and his mom are all going dress shopping the first week in May!!! Im really excited because not only do i have to get my wedding dress for the Ceremony and reception but im also getting a short wedding dress to wear to the Disney parks after because since we are having a morning wedding a brunch reception we want to go enjoy the parks after with our families and we cant wear our wedding attire in the park so i am going to get a short white dress to wear!!! One more question i wanted to ask was did any of you guys get your engagement pictures done by a disney photographer and if so how much did it cost??
\

I had my engagement pics by a Disney photographer at Epcot. It was around $300

Quote:

Oh I LOVE the Alfred Angelo dress!!!!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: