Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #61
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran
 
Mickeyhugger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 5,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMILLER86 View Post
@ Lampy- Regards to the cost- at least we have a long time to pay for the cruise! And you don't HAVE to have a balcony every time. Inside cabins are nice and dark for sleeping in after a late night.
I agree Willie!

Lampy, come on (and book.) Just think...turkeys sailing again, 7 years later! Also, this seems to be a great bunch too, ALREADY! Could you still get your 'girlfriend' to link the dining ressies again?
__________________
7 WDW vacations 1989-2005 13 DCL cruises 2002-2014 (we became PLATINUM!) 8 CCL cruises 2005-2012

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #62
DisneyMama629
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMama629's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 805

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyhugger View Post
Yes they will in Christmas clothing and there will be a big ginger bread house being built at this time

Rob
AWESOME!
__________________
Krista DS 3 year old

DisneyMama629 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #63
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran
 
Mickeyhugger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 5,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMama629 View Post
Will the characters be in Christmas clothing after Thanksgiving?
Correction to what was posted earlier. Chip and Dale were wearing red and green floral shirts, on Castaway Cay the day after Thanksgiving. I don't know what they'll wear since we won't be going to Castaway Cay. I'm sure Disney will have another idea.
__________________
7 WDW vacations 1989-2005 13 DCL cruises 2002-2014 (we became PLATINUM!) 8 CCL cruises 2005-2012

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:22 AM   #64
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
cruisecrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,941

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyhugger View Post
Yes they will in Christmas clothing and there will be a big ginger bread house being built at this time

Rob
That's really neat! We got to see the gingerbread in the Grand Floridian over our honeymoon. Hugely impressive for being made out of cookies.
__________________
Lorelei (Lori); DH, Ben/KetchAggie; DS7, Chris (gluten); DD5, Kylee(dairy)
My Trip Reports can be found on my blog:
Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere (My Blog on all things DCL, Food Allergy and Pixie Dust Related)
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #65
john1108now
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4

I envy you guys.. i wish I could book too!
john1108now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #66
fatfish
DIS Veteran
 
fatfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas, baby!
Posts: 566

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Just checked the staterooms while I was up rocking the baby and managed to flip from our 10A on deck 7 to one of the SPH on deck 5 forward!

Gotta love a free upgrade!
5520 was available too, if anyone else wants the free SPH.
My TA was on notice to get that for me if it came available. Since I have not heard from him, I'm guessing he did not get it.
__________________
fatfish
POP Century 4/2004, offsite at Dad's house (an hour away) 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
AS Music 8/2008! Christmas 2008 at Dad's house
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:55 AM   #67
Disney Fans
Disney Fans
 
Disney Fans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,368

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Just checked the staterooms while I was up rocking the baby and managed to flip from our 10A on deck 7 to one of the SPH on deck 5 forward!

Gotta love a free upgrade!
5520 was available too, if anyone else wants the free SPH.
Happy that you got them!! Good hunting!!
__________________
Mom of 2 Wonderful Disney boy fans
Disney Fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #68
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
cruisecrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,941

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfish View Post
My TA was on notice to get that for me if it came available. Since I have not heard from him, I'm guessing he did not get it.
It came available at three thirty in the morning, I doubt your TA was up.
There are some perks with being up around the clock with little ones!
__________________
Lorelei (Lori); DH, Ben/KetchAggie; DS7, Chris (gluten); DD5, Kylee(dairy)
My Trip Reports can be found on my blog:
Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere (My Blog on all things DCL, Food Allergy and Pixie Dust Related)
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #69
momsgoofy

Hello! My name is Laura and I'm a Tag-aholic!!

Anybody know when the next T.A. meeting is???
 
momsgoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 2,688

Willie!!! Lampy!!!

You guys are killing me! If I can get my DH Eric and Teresa and her crew to join us...we'll be in on the fun! I've got a little time to work on Eric...will talk with Teresa about this soon. All I know is that if we're in, we'd better get there early or Lampy will eat all the shrimp again.
__________________
Laura ºoº

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire


Off site 1990*Polynesian 1999*AKL 2003*DCL Thanksgiving 2004*OKW June 2005*SSR Christmas 2005*1st DL Trip Grand Californian 2006*Princess Trip YC/SSR 2006*SSR/BC May 2007*WLV/SSR January 2008*Marching Lions Trip AKV March 2008*SSR June 2008*YC July 2008*SSR January 2009*DL March 2009*OKW June 2009*DL July 2009*SSR Thanksgiving 2009*WDW/DCL January 2010*OKW June 2010*SSR January 2011
momsgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #70
WMILLER86
No tag for me. Troublemakers don't get tags!
 
WMILLER86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Great State of TEXAS
Posts: 1,561

I just got a text from Lampy. He and Kim are leaving today on a sailing. Alone. No kids. No friends.

Anyway, he says that his buddies back home in Crown Point have a "Lampy Pool" bet going on what day Kim will throw him off the ship.

I replied back to him that since I won't be there to keep him in the bar til late hours, he will be safe. Should be like a 2nd honeymoon.

For those of you that have never met Ron Lamparsky, well he is a one of a kind joker. Other than being funny, the man can drink beer all day and nite, and never slur a word, never appear drunk. Kind of a freak of nature, so to speak.
__________________
Willie aka Big Pappa

2 Years as a Magic Thanksgiving Turkey! (Yes, THAT BUNCH!)
Drink up me hearties, YO HO!


WMILLER86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #71
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran
 
Mickeyhugger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 5,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMILLER86 View Post
For those of you that have never met Ron Lamparsky, well he is a one of a kind joker. Other than being funny, the man can drink beer all day and nite, and never slur a word, never appear drunk. Kind of a freak of nature, so to speak.
So true! Lampy and Willie, together? Watch out!
__________________
7 WDW vacations 1989-2005 13 DCL cruises 2002-2014 (we became PLATINUM!) 8 CCL cruises 2005-2012

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #72
Chee Chick
DIS Veteran
 
Chee Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by shera View Post
looks like we are going to have a rowdy crew on board this cruise.What a blast .You guys are hilarious!
No kidding! I might be sending the kiddos to the clubs more than I originally planned!
__________________
DH, Me, DS(9), DD(4)
Summer 1981, July 1988, Dec 1993, Oct 1994, Aug 1996 - WDW offsite
Sept 2008 - BC; April 2009 - WL; Nov 2012 - DCL Magic; June 2014 - POR/DCL Fantasy




Chee Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #73
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran
 
Mickeyhugger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 5,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMILLER86 View Post
I just got a text from Lampy. He and Kim are leaving today on a sailing. Alone. No kids. No friends.

Anyway, he says that his buddies back home in Crown Point have a "Lampy Pool" bet going on what day Kim will throw him off the ship.

I replied back to him that since I won't be there to keep him in the bar til late hours, he will be safe. Should be like a 2nd honeymoon.

For those of you that have never met Ron Lamparsky, well he is a one of a kind joker. Other than being funny, the man can drink beer all day and nite, and never slur a word, never appear drunk. Kind of a freak of nature, so to speak.
I saw on facebook the he had spent $45 on drinks for himself and the ship had not even left port thats Ron for ya

Rob
__________________
7 WDW vacations 1989-2005 13 DCL cruises 2002-2014 (we became PLATINUM!) 8 CCL cruises 2005-2012

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #74
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
cruisecrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,941

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMama629 View Post
Can we get a list started in the first post with names and ages? I'm hoping there will be some other single moms on our meet thread!

I just went on my first Disney cruise in March with my mom and my son on the Dream. It was pretty difficult for me as I just got divorced. I'm hoping by this cruise I'll be able to have a better time!
Ask and you shall receive! (Though it isn't exactly in the first post...)

Texan Turkeys 2012
TexasGirl
terimac (Teri)
cruisecrasher (Lori) KetchAggie(Ben) DS(will be 6) DD(will be 3)
shera
S'sMom DH DD(will be 10) DS(will be 4)
JenBill5(Jenny) DH and DD(7)
CheeChick DH DS(will be 7) DD(will be 3)
princessCKL DH
rebeccatp(Rebecca) DH DD(will be 20) DS(will be 15) DS(will be 11)
Disney Fans DH DS DS and Her mom, aunt or brother
donald'sdarling(Lynn) DH and DD(16) and grandparents DS(22)
Dahly(Leslie) DH DS(will be 15)
Tx<3sDisney DH DS(will be 16) DD(will be 6) (+8 rooms)
DisneyMama629(Krista) grandma DS(3) and aunt niece(12)
WMILLER86(Willie) DW DD(22) DD(17)
Mickeyhugger(Rob and Priscilla) DD(18)
LAMPSKIES(Ron and Kim) and DD DD
As of 4/22/2011

Only 1 year, 6 months, 3 weeks and five days left!

Anyone I've missed?
__________________
Lorelei (Lori); DH, Ben/KetchAggie; DS7, Chris (gluten); DD5, Kylee(dairy)
My Trip Reports can be found on my blog:
Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere (My Blog on all things DCL, Food Allergy and Pixie Dust Related)
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #75
shera
DIS Veteran
 
shera's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Ask and you shall receive! (Though it isn't exactly in the first post...)

Texan Turkeys 2012
TexasGirl
terimac (Teri)
cruisecrasher (Lori) KetchAggie(Ben) DS(will be 6) DD(will be 3)
shera
S'sMom DH DD(will be 10) DS(will be 4)
JenBill5(Jenny) DH and DD(7)
CheeChick DH DS(will be 7) DD(will be 3)
princessCKL DH
rebeccatp(Rebecca) DH DD(will be 20) DS(will be 15) DS(will be 11)
Disney Fans DH DS DS and Her mom, aunt or brother
donald'sdarling(Lynn) DH and DD(16) and grandparents DS(22)
Dahly(Leslie) DH DS(will be 15)
Tx<3sDisney DH DS(will be 16) DD(will be 6) (+8 rooms)
DisneyMama629(Krista) grandma DS(3) and aunt niece(12)
WMILLER86(Willie) DW DD(22) DD(17)
Mickeyhugger(Rob and Priscilla) DD(18)
LAMPSKIES(Ron and Kim) and DD DD
As of 4/22/2011

Only 1 year, 6 months, 3 weeks and five days left!

Anyone I've missed?
looks great!
my name is Christine and my dd will be 17(turning 18 on board)thanks for adding us!
__________________
DW-June 1988-offsite,August 2008-ASMU,August 2009-POP
May/June 2011-POFQ,CR,WL,RPR
DL-June 1989-off site, June 2013 off site
shera is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2012, magic, meet, november 17, thanksgiving



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: