Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #31
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Thanks sweetpee, that helps! I think I misunderstood from your other post that they had said yes, they were the same as the PhotoPass photogs in the park.

I get what you're saying. We've done the resort sessions twice now (with PhotoPass) and then we had our vow renewal pictures done by a Disney Fine Art photog. There was a big difference, and you're so right about editing. I'd be willing to pay the $400 for a park session if the quality will be like our vow renewal photos, kwim?

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #32
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
Thanks sweetpee, that helps! I think I misunderstood from your other post that they had said yes, they were the same as the PhotoPass photogs in the park.

I get what you're saying. We've done the resort sessions twice now (with PhotoPass) and then we had our vow renewal pictures done by a Disney Fine Art photog. There was a big difference, and you're so right about editing. I'd be willing to pay the $400 for a park session if the quality will be like our vow renewal photos, kwim?

Oh yeah, I gotcha. She said that they were the "same" in the fact that both Photopass & Fine Arts photogs are all professional photographers (which I would totally argue but that's another subject altogether...LOL) which I felt was her effort to speak negatively about Photopass. After all, Disney does advertise Photopass as a service that utilizes professionals. Right? She followed her statement about both being professionals with a very clear statement that Fine Arts and Photopass are 2 different entities. They are not the same photogs is what I get from that.

Soooo, I've been thinking about our portrait shoot in World Showcase. I'm wearing a maxi length sundress and the guys will all wear khakis & button-up shirts with the sleeves rolled up. I'm trying to think of just 2 countries to focus on. Which 2??? So hard because they all are so beautiful in their own ways. Factor in logistics and distance from one to the other so as not to eat up time walking between them. It's hard!
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
4/14 Disneyland!
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #33
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

You got me thinking with your earlier post of your dilemma when you posted a few days ago about which two countries. Mexico is a favorite of ours, but for photos I think I would go with Italy and Canada. The gardens in the Canada Pavillion are gorgeous. That or even Japan could be good.

And a sneaky add-on at Bay Lake Tower
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #34
DianeV
DIS Veteran

Something to think about. you dont want to waste alot of your hour moving from one country or location to another so hopefully they will be close
DianeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:31 AM   #35
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Don't know if I forgot to mention it already....I checked my Discover account online and I have only been charged the $25 deposit thus far as stated by the lady I made the reservation with. Just wanted to put that little FYI out there since it seems a lot of people got charged the full amount at the time of booking.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids

Other Adventures:

Future Adventures:
4/14 Disneyland!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:46 PM   #36
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeV View Post
Something to think about. you dont want to waste alot of your hour moving from one country or location to another so hopefully they will be close
That's a good point.

Thank you Sweetpee for the report back on the deposit charge.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #37
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
That's a good point.

Thank you Sweetpee for the report back on the deposit charge.
No problem!

Our meeting spot for the shoot will be at the International Gateway. I was thinking that the UK is right there...as is France and Morroco. Italy is also one of my favs. Maybe I'll have my top pics lined-up but just go with what the photog has in mind. It's hard to decide on the location with so many beauiful ones to choose from.

Other Adventures:

Future Adventures:
4/14 Disneyland!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #38
mouseketeerwannabe
The Tag Fairy thinks you are wonderfully creative, you HAVE to be, to be a teacher!
It's true.....only crazy people teach MIDDLE SCHOOL!! :p

I just went to their website, and the mini session is now $150! Everything else seems the same as what you have been describing except for the price increase.
mouseketeerwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #39
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseketeerwannabe View Post
I just went to their website, and the mini session is now $150! Everything else seems the same as what you have been describing except for the price increase.
I saw it posted on the Photo Session sticky last night That is one HECK of a price hike and they don't offer any kind of assurance that you would be getting something a little better either.

Wish I had booked a few weeks ago when I had intended to. I hope those who have paid their deposit and booked before June 1st still get it at the old price.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #40
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
I saw it posted on the Photo Session sticky last night That is one HECK of a price hike and they don't offer any kind of assurance that you would be getting something a little better either.

Wish I had booked a few weeks ago when I had intended to. I hope those who have paid their deposit and booked before June 1st still get it at the old price.
I booked a couple weeks ago & emailed them earlier this week to confirm I'll still get the $99.95 price. They replied last night saying that I would. I'll definitely be watching my credit card to make sure they put the charges through correctly.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #41
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I booked a couple weeks ago & emailed them earlier this week to confirm I'll still get the $99.95 price. They replied last night saying that I would. I'll definitely be watching my credit card to make sure they put the charges through correctly.
I am just thinking you should be fine. No harm checking but last year a week after I booked ours, they removed the prints from the $99 package. But since I had booked before the change they said they would honor it - and they did, without me making mention of it on the day.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #42
Sapper383
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how much it's gone up.....do people still think its still worth the price???
Old 06-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #43
Lisa S.
Trip planner extradordinaire!

It's all about one's personal definition of worth. I don't have any recent pictures of me and my mom together - especially at one of the Disney resorts, so even at the increased price if I can get even one good shot it's totally worth it to me. What the price used to be, and what one got for that price really has no meaning for me.
Lisa S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #44
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper383 View Post
I can't believe how much it's gone up.....do people still think its still worth the price???
Personally I wouldn't have done it before for the lesser price because it was Photopass photographers. Not all Photopass photographers are novices but I've seen so many that are. Our last prepurchased Photopass CD had over 200 pictures on it. I think 2 or 3 of those were worth printing. None were frame-worthy. To me, risking $50 (or whatever the price used to be) on something I hope will turn out good is more disturbing than spending $150 for a quality product.

If ending up with truly great portraits is an absolute must I would recommend splurging for the full shabang because you get the benefit of retouching & editing. Any private photographer (not Sears or Walmart or those kinds of studios) will charge at least the amount of the hour-long session. You'd be hard-pressed to get a cd with all those retouched/edited images on it and a copyright release for that little. That's just my perspective, tho.

Other Adventures:

Future Adventures:
4/14 Disneyland!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #45
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper383 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa S. View Post
It's all about one's personal definition of worth. I don't have any recent pictures of me and my mom together - especially at one of the Disney resorts, so even at the increased price if I can get even one good shot it's totally worth it to me. What the price used to be, and what one got for that price really has no meaning for me.
It's not that it's not worth it to me - it still is. It's just that I had not budgeted for that kind of price hike overnight. I am not oblivious to the fact that prices are being adjusted everywhere and would have had no problem with a $20 or so increase but I am not sure that I am willing to cough up the extra $50 for the same thing I had last year. We were fortunate in that we had a fantastic photographer last year, so where it is true that it is hit and miss, we definitely struck gold with ours. Although I have not written off the idea entirely, it now has me thinking that it would be cheaper to just do an extra MNSSHP and dedicate the greater portion of that evening to Photopass shots - something that we didn't do last year as DD was more interested in the rides, trick or treat trails, dance parties and parade/fireworks. Now I know that this is totally different, but the fact that I am contemplating the above as an alternative given the price hike is indicative of just how this is bothering me.

The other alternative is to blow the budget right out of the water and spend the $400 for the big session and add the CD to that. In a way, I think that this may well be better value, although certainly not an option for everyone. Decisions, decisions

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: