Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #16
Fay
DIS Veteran

Wow it is so nearly time for u guys!!!! How exciting!!! we fly out to the US may 6th so I will b thinking of u!!!

I absolutely loved everything from ur video clips... U have had some really fantastic ideas!!! I really like the welcome bags and luggage labels!

Right, happy planning! Hope we get to see more from u before the big day!!!

Xxxxx

Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #17
dragonwingz
Disney Fairytale Bride

Count down ...

So the countdown begins ... intensely that is.

7 days till we leave for CT
11 days before our legal ceremony
22 days before our DFTW on the Dream!

Needless to say I am a tad nervous. I can barely concentrate at work. No wonder people take the week off before their wedding.

Anyway final contract and all has been signed for a week and we received an email stating that our cake choice is no longer available on DCL. Apparently Disney is changing their cake choices with new flavors. Issue is we already tasted the old ones and most of the new ones - I have NO idea. GREAT!!! So we opted for the specialty cake some kind of chocolate cake with chocolate ganache(sp?) filling. Needless to say my Mom and my Mom's best friend (who is like a second mom to me) will be extremely excited - THEY ARE CHOCOLATE FREAKS!!!

Anyway, here are some pictures of the dress, my shoes, the bridesmaids dress, and flower girls dress. (As promised) Note dress pictures are just the stock image from the web.

Here are my shoes. I am unable to wear heels due to an Achilles injury 2 years ago.

My dress

The back - its a corset dress. I have been loosing weight over the last eight months (I was taken off of medication that had made me gain loads of weight of over the last year), so I was worried about the dress. My body began adjusting to not having the medication and began to loose the weight I gained on the medication. Corset was the best choice for "last min adjustments"

The maid of honor that Jo has is her 16 year old daughter. So we wanted to make sure she was wearing something fun yet elegant. The dress is actually black.

I am having my best friend stand up for me. So we are calling him my Bridesman. Who says that I can't have a guy which happens to be my best friend be my Maid of Honor. LOL. So many people gave us funny looks when we were shopping and I would tell them he was my Bridesman or Man of Honor. Zak is wearing a red shirt with a black vest and black pants. He twins are going to be my Flower girl and Ring Bearer. The ring bearer also has a red shirt and black vest with black pants, (to match his dad).

The flower girls dress is red.

Caketopper - we decided not to use the DFTW caketopper. This is cake topper actually represents our engagement and the fact that we both love fireworks. It reminds me of such.

Enjoy!

DFTW: May 6, 2011; Disney Dream
Engaged: June 5, 2010 @ WDW in front of the Castle

DFTW: Planning Blog
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post40609646
dragonwingz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #18
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Everything looks great!! It's almost time!!!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #19
mrsdavies2be
Earning My Ears

Can i just say that i LOVE the vinylmation idea?! When i was watching your video i literally had to stop it, jumped up, and called my fiance right away to tell him of this awesome idea that i just saw and that we should look into it!

You're nearly there! Have fun! And congrats!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #20
belle2211
DIS Veteran

I love the dresses and as another fireworks lover, I love your cake topper! It definitely reminds me of fireworks!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:20 AM   #21
Fay
DIS Veteran

Talking

Love the dress!

XXX

Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:00 AM   #22
DisneyChicky
Earning My Ears

Beautiful dress!
DisneyChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #23
dragonwingz
Disney Fairytale Bride

Many Thanks ...

Yes thank you soo much, everyone. I am am starting to get very nervous we are in T-Minus for our "legal" wedding. It totally sucks in a way because we have to do this whole thing twice. However I am more nervous for the DFTW and that is the one we are really considering our REAL wedding. DOMA sucks! Sorry just a little political jab. Anyway, if anyone wants how we made any of the items just message me. I will be more than happy to tell you or help you to make them. Jo and I started a "Event Planning" company about a year ago and never thought about doing weddings. Now after showing half of our stuff to others, I just was hired yesterday to do a friends wedding and I have two others who want to talk to talk to me about it too. What I told them is I plan events like writing a story. It needs to have a storyline throughout the entire event. Meaning and concept equals intrigue and excitement.

My advice to EVERYONE. Make it about the two of you, regardless of what your friends like or dislike. That is what we learned because in the in end, who is going to reminisce about the entire experience it will be your story ... How do you want to tell your story?

Anyway I am very excited we just finished packing our carry-on for CT. I am not sure if I said anything on here but our legal wedding will be in CT. On April 23 i.e. (D23) LOL it wasn't really planned that way just happened to work out. We decided to have our Justice of the Peace to marry us at the Gillette Castle in New Haddem. Here is a pic of the castle and grounds. Needless to say I am getting married in a REAL CASTLE ... very Princessish!!! I know!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #24
dragonwingz
Disney Fairytale Bride

Music

So I know everyone who is planning is working on their songs and music. But I am curious what others have chosen as there song set.

Our will be:

Prelude/Seating: A Dream is a Wish by Jim Brickman featuring Kimberly Locke
Processional: Beauty and the Beast by Jim Brickman
Recessional: He's a Pirate by the Orlando Pops Orchestra
First Dance: Beautiful by Jim Brickman feature Wayne Brady
Cake Cutting: (None as of yet we are tossed up) Mickey and Minnie on a Moon Light Night OR End of the World by Blake Lewis

So what are everyone else's Choices?

W

Old 04-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #25
dragonwingz
Disney Fairytale Bride

Everything is Shipped!

Last night we finally packaged up everything and shipped the THREE VERY BIG boxes to the DCL warehouse. This helps because you don't have to try to carry all the extra stuff on with you and you don't have luggage that is not going to be used after the wedding. I was so nervous about mailing everything. The gift bags got mailed and they will be delivered to each stateroom on the day that we board. The other stuff will go straight to the wedding coordinator on ship. IM BREATHING ... really I am. It was a major reality check yesterday when we shipped them. I am just worried about shipping the "GLASS" to break during the ceremony. (i.e. I am Jewish and Jo is Christian) so we are mixing a bit of tradition into the wedding. Jo says it should be fine (majorly bubble wrapped) but you never know. Everything else is done. Just waiting now. Going to get my nails done this weekend because we leave on Wednesday for the legal stuff.

Did I mention I am breathing? Oh does anyone know how many weddings have been performed on the Dream thus far? Just curious, I have been looking and I can't find it.

Wendy

Old 04-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #26
dragonwingz
Disney Fairytale Bride

Leaving for CT

We are packed and ready to go. We are all packed and are simply just waiting for work to over with.

CT here we come!

Wendy

Old 04-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #27
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Location: Overland Park, KS...recently moved from Orlando area

I'm originally from Connecticut and I have been to the Gillette Castle several times. I love that place!!!! What a beautiful spot to get married.

I love all of your do it yourself things. You should set up shop with Etsy or something. You would have tons of customers!
Deb loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #28
elle1024
Mouseketeer

Hi there! Just joining in.
Your day is almost here! How exciting.
I really love your dress. & Jo's bm dress is really pretty too. Is it from DB? I think that is one of the options I considered but I think it is only offered in cornflower and not malibu? I like the idea of having a bridesman (even though that is a funny word) I wanted to have my brother stand by my side but my DF asked him instead, I couldn't say no!

Anyway, congratulations again! Can't wait to see pictures of the day!

[CENTER]Gisselle & Jose & our little Dylan
elle1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #29
dragonwingz
Disney Fairytale Bride

CT wedding done! On to My DFTW Day YAY

OK ...

So .... Elle ... Yes the Maid of Honors Dress is From David's its in Black (i.e. our colors are Red and Black) BTW Jo is my DFi. Well now Jo is legally my DW!! That is so funny!!! Oh So our legal wedding in CT WAS awesome. As always nothing went as planned, well almost as planned. It started out as about 20% chance of rain and then in less than 24 hours it went to 100% chance of rain that would cover the entire state. It was FREEZING!!!!!! I am used to 80 and 90 degrees, it was 40 degrees average. Our photographer was awesome. If anyone needs or wants pics in the CT area PLEASE go to her she is AWESOME.

So everyone knows we were supposed to get married at the Gillette Castle which by the way is absolutely beautiful. But due to 100% rain we couldn't. Friday we met with Diane (the photographer) and she told us about her fear of rain and said she made a few calls and we could use this private mansion that gets rented out for weddings etc. It is called Wadsworth Mansion. So we decided to make the final call (it was still only suppose to be 40% chance of rain at this point) by 9 am on Sat. The ketch, we needed to move the wedding up to 1:30 or before because the "Queen of the Mansion" (seriously that's her title) was going to leave by then. The other issue our JP had another wedding at 11:00 and couldn't get to us until after 1:00. Yeah I know.

So Fast forward - (BTW I love CT) we made the call to change the venue at 9. No castle wedding, but we will get married in a mansion. We were there at 12:00 and dressed and ready by 1:00 photos were snapping the whole time. The JP got there early. Things fell into place an the Queen was lovely, she let us stay till around 3:00. We ended up leaving and ending our photo session at 3:30. The best part is that we made the JP and Photographers cry when we read our vows. It was a PERFECT day!!!

Here is the blog to our photographer! Enjoy! 10 days left to our DFTW! YAY!!!

http://parsonsphotoblog.wordpress.co...g-day-teasers/

Old 04-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #30
dragonwingz
Disney Fairytale Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb loves Disney View Post
I'm originally from Connecticut and I have been to the Gillette Castle several times. I love that place!!!! What a beautiful spot to get married.

I love all of your do it yourself things. You should set up shop with Etsy or something. You would have tons of customers!
Thanks. We have been talking about me doing this professionally. I am having so much fun. Actually a friend of ours just "hired" me to plan their wedding so we will see how it goes.

Wendy

Tags
dcl bride, gay wedding, wendy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: