Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #931
TigerTown
runDisney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
First - Happy New Year!

I am really looking forward to seeing the new ship and visiting the ports. My first western Caribbean cruise was in 2005, so I will enjoy returning to 3 of the ports. I made no plans in Cozumel on my first cruise, and that's what I did...nothing! This time I want to do the excursion to the Tulum ruins. I loved my private tour to the Chacchoben Ruins in Costa Maya and would love to do that again. However, due to our short port time, I may book the ship's tour. I did a stingray and island tour in Grand Cayman, and may just do an island tour this time. I imagine I'll do my usual thing at Castaway Cay: stroll along the beach for awhile, eat lunch, then go back to the ship to see a movie.

Almost forgot...Mickey Bars from room service! And...meeting DISers will be fun, too!

I'm also really looking forward to Castaway Cay. This will be our first time and from the pictures it looks incredible!

My wife and I did the Chacchoben tour on our last cruise and really enjoyed it. Here are a couple pics:

W&D Half 2012
Dumbo Double Dare 2013, Jingle Jungle 5K 2013, W&D Half 2013
WDW Marathon 2014, Disneyland Half 2014, Avengers Super Heroes Half 2014
Dopey Challenge 2015
TigerTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #932
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTown View Post
I'm also really looking forward to Castaway Cay. This will be our first time and from the pictures it looks incredible!

My wife and I did the Chacchoben tour on our last cruise and really enjoyed it. Here are a couple pics:

Thanks for the photos. Did you do a private tour or a ship tour of Chacchoben?
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #933
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
I'm looking forward to all the ports and meeting Casey on Castaway Cay.

We have not done this cruise before and are just starting to look at excursions.
We have 2 adult history buffs, and two fair skinned (sunburns easily even with sunblock and floppy hats) people.

Has anyone done the underground river tour that looks like spelunking? I am thinking we won't get burnt on that one.

So my question- are there any excursions that did have sun, but also had sun avaialable in case needed?
Skye
Do you mean "shade"? Also - in what port is there an underground river tour? Guess I need to look over the port adventures more carefully!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #934
TigerTown
runDisney addict!

Quote:
Thanks for the photos. Did you do a private tour or a ship tour of Chacchoben?
We did the ships tour through Carnival.

W&D Half 2012
Dopey Challenge 2015
Old 01-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #935
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTown View Post
We did the ships tour through Carnival.
Thank you. That explains how you went to Costa Maya but not Castaway Cay!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #936
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Rumor has it that when DCL announces the Magic and Wonder's 2013 plans - the Wonder will do a Panama Canal cruise Dec. 9 and reposition to Miami! Hmmm...would I rather do a Dec. 8 Fantasy Podcast cruise or a Dec. 9 Panama Canal cruise?
Old 01-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #937
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you mean "shade"? Also - in what port is there an underground river tour? Guess I need to look over the port adventures more carefully!
Yes, I meant shade. I've had one too many burns in my lifetime.

Any takers on the answer now that I have clarified?
Old 01-13-2012, 05:47 PM   #938
TigerTown
runDisney addict!

Quote:
Thank you. That explains how you went to Costa Maya but not Castaway Cay!
We have done two cruises both with Carnival. I think we're done with that cruise line. It's cheap but were at a point where I'd rather pay a bit more and get a nicer ship.

W&D Half 2012
Dopey Challenge 2015
Old 01-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #939
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Rumor has it that when DCL announces the Magic and Wonder's 2013 plans - the Wonder will do a Panama Canal cruise Dec. 9 and reposition to Miami! Hmmm...would I rather do a Dec. 8 Fantasy Podcast cruise or a Dec. 9 Panama Canal cruise?
If they're doing a Panama cruise in Dec 2013 - I'm there. Bee toying with idea of taking PC cruise. If DCL does it, I know it'll be good.

We've about decided that DCL is worth the extra cost, because so many of the 'extras' are included.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #940
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvlprof View Post
If they're doing a Panama cruise in Dec 2013 - I'm there. Bee toying with idea of taking PC cruise. If DCL does it, I know it'll be good.

We've about decided that DCL is worth the extra cost, because so many of the 'extras' are included.
There's no telling if DCL will do a Panama Canal cruise in Dec. 2013. They are doing the PC cruise in Dec. 2012 because DCL is leaving the west coast. They'll do another PC cruise (probably) in late April before the Alaska cruises, and again in late September or early October IF they return to the east coast after Alaska and Hawaii.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #941
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

My interest in a Dec. 2012 Panama Canal cruise didn't last long! I looked at the itinerary from one of the previous PC cruises, and it seemed to be short on ports and long on sea days. I really want to sail on the Fantasy, and I like going to WDW in early December. So...it looks like you all are stuck with me!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #942
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
I would choose to do a Panama Canal cruise over the Podcast cruise for sure, but DH won't take 2 weeks off of work, and I suppose it's not great to take DD out of kindergarten for 2 weeks before Christmas break, either, but it IS tempting. Panama Canal - check. Smaller ship - check. Christmas decorations - check. Oh well - we can all dream

I'd love to do some cruises on the Wonder out of Miami if they do some alternative Caribbean ports to make it worth the 4 hr drive from Tampa, as right now, Port Canaveral is only 2 hrs away. I'd love sailing on the Wonder again (smaller ship, less people) and I'd love to see some new islands

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #943
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
I would choose to do a Panama Canal cruise over the Podcast cruise for sure, but DH won't take 2 weeks off of work, and I suppose it's not great to take DD out of kindergarten for 2 weeks before Christmas break, either, but it IS tempting. Panama Canal - check. Smaller ship - check. Christmas decorations - check. Oh well - we can all dream

I'd love to do some cruises on the Wonder out of Miami if they do some alternative Caribbean ports to make it worth the 4 hr drive from Tampa, as right now, Port Canaveral is only 2 hrs away. I'd love sailing on the Wonder again (smaller ship, less people) and I'd love to see some new islands
I am more interested in a September 2013 Hawaii cruise than a Panama Canal cruise - especially if it's a Vancouver to Honolulu one-way. If it's another roundtrip from LA, scratch that.

I was briefly booked on the first (May 2009) and second (Dec. 2010) Podcast cruises, and both times I ended up going on other cruises instead. I went to WDW for a week, followed by a 7-night San Juan to Norfolk, VA cruise on RCI in April 2009. When the Dream was available to book - I switched from PCC 2.0 to a Feb. 2011 Dream cruise. Had I still been on the Dec. 2010 Podcast cruise, I wouldn't have been able to go on a 2-week Transatlantic cruise with my husband and in-laws that ended in San Juan the day the Podcast cruise departed. I had no interest in another Dream Bahamas cruise, especially during the summer, so I didn't book PCC 3.0. So - barring any unforeseen events, I think I will be on PCC 4.0.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #944
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Hey everyone..sorry I haven't been around much, just not feeling well these days.....to much happening....I guess the threads will pick up some traffic as the year progresses. Once airfares come out for southwest, I can begin to do some real planning.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #945
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Airfare is out for Alaskan- we have our ticketrs there!!!
Alaskan is the only non stop flight for our route.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: