Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

PodCast 4.0 Chit Chat

Hi Everyone...thought I would start a thread so we can start chatting and get to know each other. So far, most of the ones that posted on the Cabin #'s thread are repeat podcast cruisers, but we do have a couple of newbees...so here's your chance to say hello.

Welcome to all. I am looking forward to this cruise...I think it 's going to be very exciting and a lot of fun. Having 7 days is going to be great. I can't wait to see what the Team...or rather the Genuis has in store for us !!!!

Have a great day, and I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

I guess I should say a little about myself...my (real) name is Cheri. I have been a Disney Fan since I was very little. My first experience was going to DisneyLand in the late 70s...Once I got back to the east coast..I've been going to WDW as often as I can. I was on PCC 2.0 with my DD, and DGD. This next cruse, it will be just my DGD and myself .

Note: To the new cruisers, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Someone will be able to give an answer, I'm sure.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayšoš

Last edited by Cherinva; 02-07-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:46 AM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Great idea!

Val & I are long-time Disney fans. Our story is pretty magical, some of which you can read about in my response to this thread

We've been on PCC 1.0 & 2.0 plus we are booked for 3.0. We've also done DAP and are going to be at this years event in December.
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
evildiva
Reading "Twilight Series" has produced unhealthy expectations in men.

Katie checking in! I have been a Disney nut since my first trip in 1990. I have been back several times on school and personal trips as well as a few solo trips. As of right now I will be taking the cruise solo and am very excited! Can't wait to meet everyone ahead of time!

June 1990 Grovsners, April 1995 Magic Music Days (Kissime), April 1997 Magic Music Days (Kissime), July 1997 Cocoa Beach, May 1999 Daytona, November 2005 Pop Century, Apirl - May 2007 Pop Century, September 2008 Pop Century, April 2009 Pop Century (solo), October 2009 All Star Sports (solo), December 2009 Pop Century, April 2010 Pop Century 30th B-Day Trip, October 2010 Pop Century, December 2010 Boardwalk Inn/Podcast Cruise/Beach Club, October 2011 Pop Century, December 2011 Pop Century Solo Disapalooza, November 2013 Pop Century Jingle Jungle 5k, Sept/Oct 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter

evildiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
schimj
Grumpybutt Boo Boo

Thought I'd check in too...DW & I are currently booked on PCC 4.0, and it will be our first PCC. We've been on 4 DCL sailings to date (two 3-Nighters on the Wonder before she went West, one 7-Night Western and one 7-Night Eastern), as well as a 7-Night Western on the Carnival Legend out of Tampa, the city in which we live. We also have a few more cruises booked before this one will sail. We'll be on the NCL Epic in just under a month (yaaaay!!), the Dream in Sept for a 3-Night, two more on the Magic (both 7-Nights, one Western in Nov, and an Eastern in Feb '12), and one on the Fantasy (June '12...I don't remember which iten that one is sailing).

DW (TifffanyD on the boards) & I look forward to meeting you all here and on the ship!

Last edited by schimj; 03-25-2011 at 08:36 AM.
schimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
sshaw10060
DIS Veteran

Pam and I are booked as well. We missed PCC 10.0, but had a great time on PCC 2.0. We're also booked on 3.0. If Disney announces a Hawaii itinerary for 2012 we may have a tough choice to make.

sshaw10060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

It's over 1 1/2 years out. Why am I excited? Is something wrong with me? .??? ... Wait I'm posting on a thread where others have same problem.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #7
Cherinva

I'm right there with ya...it's funny, I was kinda excited about PCC 3.0, but as I told my daughter, we've been to Nassau....no big deal. But once I heard on the Pod Cast about this one, my wheels started turning to figure out how I could talk my DD into it....she really wanted to go in June....it turned out not to be that difficult...and now that it's all set, I am just beside myself with excitement !!!

Old 03-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #8
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
I'm right there with ya...it's funny, I was kinda excited about PCC 3.0, but as I told my daughter, we've been to Nassau....no big deal. But once I heard on the Pod Cast about this one, my wheels started turning to figure out how I could talk my DD into it....she really wanted to go in June....it turned out not to be that difficult...and now that it's all set, I am just beside myself with excitement !!!
You will love the longer cruise so much! As schimj said, we did 2 3-night cruises and now we are hooked on the longer ones. Soooo much more relaxing!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #9
Cherinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
You will love the longer cruise so much! As schimj said, we did 2 3-night cruises and now we are hooked on the longer ones. Soooo much more relaxing!
On the 4 night cruise, just when I had learned my way around and felt comfortable..it was time to leave....I'm really looking forward to a full week.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #10
TifffanyD
Agreeing and making sense are not the same thing
I need to reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
On the 4 night cruise, just when I had learned my way around and felt comfortable..it was time to leave....I'm really looking forward to a full week.
Oh I hear ya... on the 3 night it is like muster, dinner, and your first day is over!! Argh!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #11
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Hi fellow cruisers!
Linda and John here. We are repeat cruisers. We were on 2.0, and are booked for 3.0 and 4.0.
We also did the DAP event in 2009 and are planning to attend in Dec 2011 (still waiting for real details...), and although it's not "official" we are also looking forward to Food & Wine this fall, including the Swan/Dolphin event- seems like there will be plenty of DISers to hang out with.
We did one other DCL cruise - for New Year's 2008-2009 with our kids to celebrate their 18th & 21st birthdays. Now we cruise without them.

Looking forward to hanging out here on the boards are we prepare for this- our first 7 nighter!!! And we get a new ship to boot!

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #12
Nanb
Earning My Ears

Hi, I've been lurking and enjoying the podcast since my first Disneyworld trip a few years ago. Finally making the plunge and really looking forward to my first Disney cruise.

Looking forward to meeting the people I keep hearing about and experiencing a disney cruise; I've travelled solo on other lines but never Disney. What a better way to solo on Disney cruise line than with the podcast crew

Glad they finally made a 7 day cruise, 4 days is much too short....
Now for a year and a half of planning, at least I may get a Disneyworld fix sooner in December for the Universal event hoping to stay at AKL for the first time. Nothing like the world in December with a night out at Universal.

Nan
Old 03-25-2011, 10:50 PM   #13
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

My DH and I met on the monorail on the way to the Contemporary for MouseFest 101 the final year they did MouseFest. We're both Disney nuts and have been for years, so we're meant for each other! We just did our first Disney cruise (and his first cruise ever) on the Dream last month. Four nights went by WAY too fast, so we're very excited about 7 nights. Of course, it's going to be rough to wait SO LONG to go on another Disney cruise...

We've wanted to do a bunch of the DIS events but there's always been a conflict with other trips or money or vacation time available. We were lucky enough to get to do ABD 2.0 and now finally PCC 4.0 works perfectly after hearing all the raves about PCC 1.0 and 2.0. (Hoping to get in to the December event this year too...)

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #14
mainegal
I am becoming very good at making crushed ice
DIS Veteran

Hi, I am Lyn.

I am not a major big time Disney/WDW fan like some people here.
My first Disney trips were two day trips to the Magic Kingdom in the early seventies. They were on the way back from visiting my grandparents in Miami at Christmastime. I think the first time was 1971 or 1972.

It seems I only go to WDW in December.
(notice the huge gap between visit two and three)
Three days in 2006.
Seven days in 2008.
Fourteen days in 2010, including the PCC 2.0.

I really enjoy WDW, but it is not a place I can vacation to often for various reasons. The cruise was fun, but I think a longer cruise will be fabulous.

I have signed my sister and I up for PCC 4.0.

Liz went made several trips to WDW while her brother-in-law was a chef at WDW. Now that she is divorced, WDW has become a bitter memory. I am hoping she will enjoy and be impressed by the Disney cruise. Liz went on a Carnival over New Year's holiday week this year. She enjoys snorkeling. Has recently become scuba certified and is doing a week scuba at a Cozumel resort next week.

We are looking forward to having a great vacation together.
Hope to be able to talk her into Palo. Maybe, but not sure about Remy.
mainegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #15
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

7 days - that's more time to get to know the ship. Been to ports before, done the shopping thing, may take advantage of less people on the ship on port days.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: