Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Eating Healthy
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #136
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...

I'm a September 2011 traveler! My DM and I are headed down there the week of the 18th-24th, staying at CBR. And I am determined to be at least two sizes smaller when I get there!! So count me in!

I have made a pledge to work out three times a week at least, cut out soda, add a LOT more water, and cut out junk food entirely. It definitely won't be the easiest thing I've ever done, but I have no doubt is will be the most rewarding I'll be posting here, and I also have a WISH journal if you have any comments or suggestions...or if you're bored and have nothing better to read, lol! Here's the link:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2685191

I do want to say that this is probably the most supportive group of people I've ever been a part of- and I can't wait to share my success with you, and yours with me!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #137
Elianor
Mouseketeer

What a horrible day. Pastry for breakfast, Fast food for lunch, and candy in between. I need to get back on track for dinner at least and the past day or so has just been stressful.

4 Missouri state senators are trying to cut a deal to allow federal funding for unemployment to come through if we cut money to weatherize low income housing. Weatherization actually improves health and safety of homes (not just the cost of heating and cooling) and most of the people who are prioritized on the list have children or are elderly.

Sorry, I don't know what people's opinions are on this list, but the stress of constantly having to justify why we spend money on mitigating the effects of poverty is driving me to french fries and potato chips over and over again.

I must stop allowing Congress and the Missouri state legislature to make me fat.
Elianor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #138
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elianor View Post
Sorry, I don't know what people's opinions are on this list, but the stress of constantly having to justify why we spend money on mitigating the effects of poverty is driving me to french fries and potato chips over and over again.

I must stop allowing Congress and the Missouri state legislature to make me fat.

I think a lot of people can agree (regardless of party lines) that the government doesn't usually make sense. I wish politicians were more far-sighted than they are!

I hope you were able to save your evening with dinner. Sometimes, that can be the one saving grace of my whole day. Sometimes if I reach for potato chips, it's really just because I'm craving something salty- so instead I slice up a cucumber and put some vinegar and oil on them. Vinegar has been proven to aid in weight loss, and if you use olive oil, it has omega-3's. Then add the cucumber and it totally works for you!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #139
Elianor
Mouseketeer

Thanks JacksLilWench!

I got alot of exercise this weekend! We took down a bunch of small *trash* trees and I raked and hauled 8 huge piles of old oak leaves (I have an enormous yard to keep clean...or fail to keep clean is more correct!)

This is going to be a very active week so as long as I can keep on track with the right foods, it will be a good week to lose! DS has swim lessons two nights this week which requires me to get into the pool and move, then we are having company this weekend which will require cleaning the guest rooms and picking up the living areas, and I still have some planting and yard clean up to achieve!

I am on track and feeling pretty good. How about you guys?
Elianor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #140
Mickeypooh99
DIS Veteran

We were cutting down trees this past weekend too. I hauled a lot of brush, and wood. We always cut a lot of wood over the summer to heat our house in the winter. I'm sure I burned some calories! I took a long walk yesterday too.

It was 80 degrees here in Michigan on Sunday! The bad news is our local ice cream place opened up for the season, and of course we went for ice cream Sunday night. Other than that, I have been doing great. I lost 1 more pound. A little closer to my goal.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #141
BelleBete
Earning My Ears

It's been two steps forward, one step back here. I started using SparkPeople again, and by counting calories and exercising 6 days a week I lost 6 lbs over two weeks . Then I made Mexican hot chocolate cake this past Sunday...and let's just say calorie counting went out the window. Once the cake is gone I'll get back on track. I hope .

My biggest struggle is not baking sweets. I love making cakes and cookies and it's been hard to stop. I've decided this would be a good time to learn how to bake bread instead.

BelleBete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #142
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleBete View Post
It's been two steps forward, one step back here. I started using SparkPeople again, and by counting calories and exercising 6 days a week I lost 6 lbs over two weeks . Then I made Mexican hot chocolate cake this past Sunday...and let's just say calorie counting went out the window. Once the cake is gone I'll get back on track. I hope .

My biggest struggle is not baking sweets. I love making cakes and cookies and it's been hard to stop. I've decided this would be a good time to learn how to bake bread instead.
I love baking, but it's too tempting to eat my creations, so I don't except for holidays! But, if you must, try making really small batches. Also, I love making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies because I load the recipe with oats instead of flour and you can use dark chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate. You can also add nuts for bulk and protein. You can also try using healthier substitutes like apple sauce for oil, margarine instead of butter, wheat flour instead of white flour, etc. etc.

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
ThereYouSeeHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #143
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Count me in, please!

I've set a goal to lose 2 lbs per week until I leave for my September trip... making a total weight loss goal of 40 lbs by 9/3.

I've been at it a week, and managed to lose 3.2 lbs! While I wish I could say it was due to my diligent hard work, it was mostly because I was sick last week.

Snacking is my major downfall. I tend to skip breakfast... sometimes it could be 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon before I get around to eating something. We usually eat dinner around 5 or 5:30, so I'm typically not that hungry since I've just eaten a few hours before. Which means by the time 9:30 or 10:00 rolls around, I'm famished and standing in front of the pantry, looking for a snack.

I'm also a self-described Coca-Cola addict. I'm trying to cut back (there's no way I could quit cold turkey!) and drink more water. Trying to limit myself to just 2 Cokes per day, but sometimes it's hard!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #144
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
Count me in, please!

I've set a goal to lose 2 lbs per week until I leave for my September trip... making a total weight loss goal of 40 lbs by 9/3.

I've been at it a week, and managed to lose 3.2 lbs! While I wish I could say it was due to my diligent hard work, it was mostly because I was sick last week.

Snacking is my major downfall. I tend to skip breakfast... sometimes it could be 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon before I get around to eating something. We usually eat dinner around 5 or 5:30, so I'm typically not that hungry since I've just eaten a few hours before. Which means by the time 9:30 or 10:00 rolls around, I'm famished and standing in front of the pantry, looking for a snack.

I'm also a self-described Coca-Cola addict. I'm trying to cut back (there's no way I could quit cold turkey!) and drink more water. Trying to limit myself to just 2 Cokes per day, but sometimes it's hard!

OH NO!! You can't skip breakfast!!! That's the most important meal of the day!! If you don't eat breakfast, your metabolism doesn't get any kind of start, which can be worse than the wrong kind of start! I used to not be a breakfast person, and so I started with just simple stuff: cereal with a piece of fruit, or some oatmeal. But you gotta have something! I did have to work on becoming a breakfast person though.

But I can't help you with the Coke thing, lol!!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:58 AM   #145
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I tend to skip breakfast... sometimes it could be 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon before I get around to eating something. We usually eat dinner around 5 or 5:30, so I'm typically not that hungry since I've just eaten a few hours before. Which means by the time 9:30 or 10:00 rolls around, I'm famished and standing in front of the pantry, looking for a snack.
Wow, this is exactly how my day sounds!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
ThereYouSeeHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #146
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksLilWench View Post
OH NO!! You can't skip breakfast!!! That's the most important meal of the day!! If you don't eat breakfast, your metabolism doesn't get any kind of start, which can be worse than the wrong kind of start! I used to not be a breakfast person, and so I started with just simple stuff: cereal with a piece of fruit, or some oatmeal. But you gotta have something! I did have to work on becoming a breakfast person though.
I know, I know! I've even heard that you should eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.

I'm trying to do better at eating breakfast, even if it's just a bowl of cereal or a granola bar. That's my next challenge... to get in the habit of becoming a "breakfast person"! I have a feeling that's something I'll have to work hard at, too!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #147
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...

Quote:
I know, I know! I've even heard that you should eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.
This is one I've always wanted to try, but I just can't seem to get into it. I don't like a big breakfast, so instead I eat a bigger lunch with lots of veggies, and then a small dinner, usually a piece of fish with some jasmine rice...at least I try to eat like this every day!!

Another trick I learned is about hunger vs. thirst. In your brain, the two centers that tell you you're hungry or thirsty are right next to each other, and sometimes get confused. So next time you think you're hungry, you might just be thirsty instead! Have about 8oz. of water and then wait about 20 minutes. If you're still hungry, you'll know it
Old 05-10-2011, 07:48 AM   #148
dizzydrop
Mouseketeer

Can I join please....We are going to WDW from the 19th-28th and I wanna lose some weight first. We have almost 19 weeks before vacation and I'd like to lose 25lbs. My journey begins today, and I'm gonna lose some of this a$$, lol!!!
I have an elliptical but in the last two weeks the resistance broke so it only stays on level 1. I haven't been on it much lately but it all starts today!!!!
Good luck to all of you ladies! I'm gonna need some support from this site!!

Me (Wakisha), DH(Phil) DS (11)DS(9)DD(6)DS(5)
May 2001-Offsite
February 2007-Allstar Movies
September 2011-Saratoga Springs Treehouse
December/January-2013/2014-Offsite-Clear Creek
July 2014-Offsite-Indian Ridge
dizzydrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #149
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

OK, so I tracked the thread down I really need to lose weight, the weather is getting warm and my ticker is getting smaller what more motivation is there? Oh that's right, the dr. told me to

So, I will check out the thread later to see what I missed but I am on board and looking to chat with others who are in the same boat
Old 05-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #150
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

It looks like this thread has nearly died. Let's revive it! I surely need to get off my bum since we leave in 3 and a half months. I want to love the family photos we take that I'm in...

Please vote for my photo in the DIS photo contest! {HERE}
L-Harper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: