Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #31
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Hey I just read your PTR and it struck a heart string. Perrin definatly deserves a Wish trip and I hope he has a blast at SWW. I am glad you chose to go to GKTW. It is truely a magical place and full of memories you will never forget. We had our wish trip in 2009 and had a great time.

I was reading the post of your birth of Perrin in the hospital and it brought back some memories. My youngest son was born at 26 weeks premature because of Placenta Previa. I went through two times of Magnisium and agree that it is one of the worst things I had to go through. Horrible.

Rylan just turned one and seemed to be duing alright, but we saw his developmental dr on wed and she wants to do an eye exam and see a nurologist because of how delayed he is and the fact that he isn't making eye contact.

Will you be going to DHS for SWW on June 3rd? I am taking my son on a return trip to WDW on May 29th- June 3rd and are planning on going to SWW on June 3rd. Liam is really looking forward to this. He loves Star Wars as well and will just have turned 9 before our trip. If we are both there maybe we can plan for the boys to meet. One ex-wish tripper meeting one current wish tripper. Ahhh, the joy. Plus I think they might have a lot of Star Wars stuff to talk about.

Can't wait to read more planning.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #32
angeque143
Mouseketeer

Just read through the thread! I am so excited for you all!! We met with our planners today and it looks like a go. Just waiting for the dates!! May or June!! This all seems so unreal!

Angie (41) Carissa 18 Anthony 6 and Eva 3 (wish child)
Miss Eva's GKTW/MAW PTR
Eva's Caring Bridge
angeque143 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #33
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Hey I just read your PTR and it struck a heart string. Perrin definatly deserves a Wish trip and I hope he has a blast at SWW. I am glad you chose to go to GKTW. It is truely a magical place and full of memories you will never forget. We had our wish trip in 2009 and had a great time.

I was reading the post of your birth of Perrin in the hospital and it brought back some memories. My youngest son was born at 26 weeks premature because of Placenta Previa. I went through two times of Magnisium and agree that it is one of the worst things I had to go through. Horrible.

Rylan just turned one and seemed to be duing alright, but we saw his developmental dr on wed and she wants to do an eye exam and see a nurologist because of how delayed he is and the fact that he isn't making eye contact.

Will you be going to DHS for SWW on June 3rd? I am taking my son on a return trip to WDW on May 29th- June 3rd and are planning on going to SWW on June 3rd. Liam is really looking forward to this. He loves Star Wars as well and will just have turned 9 before our trip. If we are both there maybe we can plan for the boys to meet. One ex-wish tripper meeting one current wish tripper. Ahhh, the joy. Plus I think they might have a lot of Star Wars stuff to talk about.

Can't wait to read more planning.
I am very sorry to hear about your youngest. When they are born that early is so hard. I was lucky he was my first so I could devote all my energy and time to him and solving problems. I can't imagine how hard it is to have to split time caring for a sick child and another. You must be so strong.

Perrin started wearing glasses at 3 and has to wear them ever since. Hope all goes well with Rylan at the neuro. Ours is fantastic and is my "go to man" LOL.

We would love to meet up! That's why we are getting there a day before. To kind of get settled then STAR WARS TIME! LOL.
Perrinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #34
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeque143 View Post
Just read through the thread! I am so excited for you all!! We met with our planners today and it looks like a go. Just waiting for the dates!! May or June!! This all seems so unreal!
Thanks for taking the time to read. It will start to feel real when you get the dates. (well, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop) LOL
Old 03-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #35
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer

So we are back to school from Spring Break...

Monday is the official day back to school from Spring Break. My mom left friday to back home to New Orleans. She had been here since March 8th. While she was here, she got to see some of the changes in his personality and behavior. She actually got upset when we left walmart one day because he had a attack of the blepharospasm. She told me that she feels so bad for him and she wanted to run back into the store to buy him a toy. I had to put a stop to that. I told her that we couldn't do that because he had an attack or got upset. I told her if I did that every time he got upset I would be even more poor than I am now! LOL He has an OBSESSION with Star Wars. I do not take this word lightly. He actually starts BAWLING because I said he could not get a toy. Tears, snot, lip quiver etc. Then comes the blepharospasm. The blinking he is unable to stop. That makes him even more upset. This was my mom's first experience with this. It happens quite frequently these days. When he's tired or upset, which it feels like he is constantly. I try to avoid going to the store when he is with me because this is what awaits for me as I walk out after checkout. I know I shouldn't be frustrated with him, but sometime I can't help it. He knows how tight money is. My husband was unemployed for almost a whole year. He got a job in September of 2010. Our bills had piled up, car payment was 4 months overdue. Luckily, we got a sizable tax return so we were able to catch up on everything. I still can't afford to buy him everything he would want, although I would love too. After a week of fighting, bickering, arguing, waking up at 6:30 am (even though I can't get him up before 7:15 on a school day, school starts at 7:45), I can't wait for them to go back to school. He loves school and it makes his week go by faster. Monday is also therapy day (Swimming day!!)
Old 03-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #36
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Awww - sweet Grandma!!!! It must be hard for Perrin when he has an attack, and you too!! I hope that everything at Disney goes smoothly. Does he do well with rules before you go? There are a LOT of gift shops there, including one with a TON of star wars stuff at HS!!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #37
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Awww - sweet Grandma!!!! It must be hard for Perrin when he has an attack, and you too!! I hope that everything at Disney goes smoothly. Does he do well with rules before you go? There are a LOT of gift shops there, including one with a TON of star wars stuff at HS!!!
He is pretty good most of the time. He is my best behaved child. I promised him since this is his trip, we would get some stuff at Boba's bounty. He loves "the fetts"!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #38
angeque143
Mouseketeer

Must be hard to put your foot down especially when Grandma is involved...Every grandma loves to spoil the kiddies. I totally get you though! When $$ is tight it is not a pattern start!!

Angie (41) Carissa 18 Anthony 6 and Eva 3 (wish child)
Miss Eva's GKTW/MAW PTR
Eva's Caring Bridge
angeque143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #39
Corrine 1973

I am very sorry that you have to deal with that, but you are right about putting your foot down about not buying him the toy. I got in the bad habit of buying Liam a toy everytime he had to go see the doctor. He than expected it. When I was pointing out the $1 hot wheel, he would be pointing at the $20 dollar track. And than his brother and sister would get mad when I came home with nothing for them.

I am really excited about meeting you guys on Friday for Star Wars Weekend. Liam and I will have to put our heads together about something special for Perrin to remember us. He likes the Fetts huh?

I'll PM you closer to our trips about where we can meet and maybe #'s.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #40
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeque143 View Post
Must be hard to put your foot down especially when Grandma is involved...Every grandma loves to spoil the kiddies. I totally get you though! When $$ is tight it is not a pattern start!!
Well, I wouldn't have cracked down on him if he hadn't got a new star wars figure 2 days before. A $15 one a that.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #41
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am very sorry that you have to deal with that, but you are right about putting your foot down about not buying him the toy. I got in the bad habit of buying Liam a toy everytime he had to go see the doctor. He than expected it. When I was pointing out the $1 hot wheel, he would be pointing at the $20 dollar track. And than his brother and sister would get mad when I came home with nothing for them.

I am really excited about meeting you guys on Friday for Star Wars Weekend. Liam and I will have to put our heads together about something special for Perrin to remember us. He likes the Fetts huh?

I'll PM you closer to our trips about where we can meet and maybe #'s.
Yeah, it started with potty training. The only thing that helped him was a new transformers for 1 week of no accidents. Then it was the many surgeries. Then it was cause my dh felt bad about everything that was happening. Now it wants one every time we go to the store. We had just gone to target the day before and all the kids each a toy. I just couldn't in good conscious let her buy him that toy. Lol. We are excited too! We are going to try to get him and his sister up there for the jedi experience! He loves the fetts. I went to get him the boba fett shoes from stride rite before they were in the stores. LOL. They had to order them and ship them to my house. He wants to see all the bounty hunters at SWW tho. Hopefully they have more than jango and boba.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #42
Corrine 1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrinsmommy View Post
Yeah, it started with potty training. The only thing that helped him was a new transformers for 1 week of no accidents. Then it was the many surgeries. Then it was cause my dh felt bad about everything that was happening. Now it wants one every time we go to the store. We had just gone to target the day before and all the kids each a toy. I just couldn't in good conscious let her buy him that toy. Lol. We are excited too! We are going to try to get him and his sister up there for the jedi experience! He loves the fetts. I went to get him the boba fett shoes from stride rite before they were in the stores. LOL. They had to order them and ship them to my house. He wants to see all the bounty hunters at SWW tho. Hopefully they have more than jango and boba.
Go to the stage next to the star Tours ride when you first get there and sign up for the Jedi Training Academy. Maybe since you are going to be there for more than one day they will let you sign up for the JTA a day early. Make sure to let them know that you are on a Wish trip and how much he loves Star Wars. Liam did it in 2009 and loved it, but they picked the kids diffrently then. Then they picked from the audience, now the kids sign up at the beginning of the day. There is a great pic of Liam battling Darth Vadar on our PTR if you want to check it out.

There are lots of Bounty Hunter's there. Check out Youtube and see alot of Star Wars Weekends video. Some are real funny. Also take a look at the special show that went on last year when they closed down Star Tours. It is called Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom. It is very funny. Also check out the Dance party that closes the Star Wars activities.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #43
sheridee32
Mouseketeer

Star Wars Weekend

It is pretty neat be prepared the adult guest come dressed too it is very intresting my daughter told me there is a girl that has legally changed her name to princess leigh she is there and at star weekend disney has characters there that arent there normally it is pretty neat if you are a star wars lover
sheridee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #44
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Go to the stage next to the star Tours ride when you first get there and sign up for the Jedi Training Academy. Maybe since you are going to be there for more than one day they will let you sign up for the JTA a day early. Make sure to let them know that you are on a Wish trip and how much he loves Star Wars. Liam did it in 2009 and loved it, but they picked the kids diffrently then. Then they picked from the audience, now the kids sign up at the beginning of the day. There is a great pic of Liam battling Darth Vadar on our PTR if you want to check it out.

There are lots of Bounty Hunter's there. Check out Youtube and see alot of Star Wars Weekends video. Some are real funny. Also take a look at the special show that went on last year when they closed down Star Tours. It is called Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom. It is very funny. Also check out the Dance party that closes the Star Wars activities.
That pic is AWESOME! I think I saw a pic of your daughter on another board talking to Belle? She is beautiful!!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #45
Perrinsmommy
Mouseketeer

In about a week and a half we have our next appt with our new neurosurgeon. We went yesterday to get his MRI done, which was done surprisingly fast. He was ok as long as his favorite star wars toy was "watching" him from outside the window. The problem is that we got a letter in the mail recently that stated that the neurosurgeon that screwed up his surgery and caused most of the new problems he has now, as well as the new brain damage, has joined our NEW neurosurgeon's practice!!!! I want to scream!!! HOW could this happen to us?? I want to find out if she will be in ANY way connected to the care of my child. We are still looking into a lawsuit against her and I am wondering how this will affect his care with our new neurosurgeon. I feel like I in a nightmare I can not wake up from. How can she do this? We had filed a complaint with the hospital where the surgery took place shortly after the surgery. Our neurosurgeon KNOWS who she is and WHAT she did. I just don't know what I am going to do now.

Tags
cerebral palsy, hydrocephalus, maw, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: