Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #736
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Is the Ariel bead blue or purple? It is hard to tell from the pictures.
emilymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #737
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
We saw those beads at the big store at DTD on Monday. The beads are really pretty, but be pre-warned, like the WDW bead, the writing is soooooooo dinky that we could hardly even read it!! The lamp, slipper, and crown, and pearl are real pretty in person, but it would be hard, unless you're looking really hard, to tell what the apple is.

Didn't buy any...but DH got a good idea what to put on my Christmas list!!

Oh, and I have to brag what a wonderful, wonderful, man I'm married to...he surprised me with the gold Tink while on vacation. It is beautiful!!! I'm wearing it on a gold chain right now (will post a pic later).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
We were there last week as well when the beads were released The WDW bead is tiny - quite a bit smaller than the Dreams Come True and extremely similar. Ended up not purchasing any of the new beads.

Thats too bad, I was looking forward to getting that bead, now it doesn't sound like much of a "must have".

Thank you both so much for sharing your observations!

A True Disney Girl! This is the year of the Premier Annual Pass!
DLR lover starting in utero. DLR AP from 3 (I remember the big deal it was for me to finally be old enough to get my picture taken for that!) to 9. WDW AP off and on since age 15 (currently a Premier passholder!)
Disney Resorts I've stayed at over the years: Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Hilton Head Island,The Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village The Villas at the Grand Californian

Disney Fantasy Eastern 6/2012, Disney Wonder WBPC 5/2013
Jessica_of_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #738
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE

Just ordered my first Charmilia beads and a bracelet too ! I have two pandora ones but some of the beads I want from WDW dont fit ! I have one Disney Bead and just ordered two more ! Cant wait to get them !!

coastermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #739
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

I just returned from WDW and bought a bracelet and 2 charms. This is my new addiction (Disney Dooneys have been for the past 2 years). I can see that this may take awhile...these beads are tiny and I have a whole bracelet to fill! I will have lots of fun filling it up!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

msmith07101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #740
Brenbren
Earning My Ears

Chamilia Walt Disney Spacers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomNH View Post
Yes, it is Chamilia. It is a retired spacer bead. It's way smaller than it looks. I got mine off of e-bay, I think. I was surprised at how little it is. The bead actually says "Walt Disney". Here's a pic for comparison.

If anyone is looking for these Chamilia Walt Disney Spacers I just found 2 of them for sale on ebay. I was searching for "disney chamilia" and came across them. One is listed as a buy it now for $25 and the other one is listed to bid on. I just thought I would pass this information along since these spacers are retired and seem to be hard to find.
Brenbren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #741
ashleyasiegel
Mouseketeer

At WDW now and found some cheap beads that Disney sells. They are 6/bead or they have a set of 5 for 20. Just wondering if anyone knows if these fit on the chamilia bracelet and do you know how well they hold up?? Just debating on buying some

April/May 2014: Pop Century l Dec 2012: Pop Century l Jan/Feb 2012: DD2 1st trip ASMovies l Sept 2010: All Star Music l Nov 2009: Pop Century/All Star Music l Nov 2009: Disneyland l Jan 2009: DD1 1st trip All Star Sports l May 2007: Off Site l April 2006: Off Site Herm's First Disney Trip
ashleyasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #742
tinkerbellmom31
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyasiegel
At WDW now and found some cheap beads that Disney sells. They are 6/bead or they have a set of 5 for 20. Just wondering if anyone knows if these fit on the chamilia bracelet and do you know how well they hold up?? Just debating on buying some
They do fit , they are a bit big once on the bracelet. They hold up ok , tarnished after a while. I don't use mine anymore, personally I would save my money for a authentic bead.

Disney Magic to Key West, Nassau and Castaway Cay May 4,2012
Disneyland Feb 2011
Disney World last trip December 2010 plus many more
tinkerbellmom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #743
Miss Peach
Mouseketeer

I didn't see this mentioned already...

Perfect Pear is having a nice offer.

For every $50 you spend in gift certificates they give you $12.50 to spend the week after Christmas!

I bought myself $200 worth and will have a bonus $50 to spend!

They have the Swarovski blue Mickey head bead on sale for $101 instead of $135!

Nice!
Miss Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #744
Miss Peach
Mouseketeer

I just saw pictures of the new first quarter 2013 Chamilia Disney beads!

A Mickey head dangle, a Mickey icon cutout, a Snow White themed dangle and a red enamel Minnie bow!

I don't know how to post pictures, but I am sure someone will soon!
Miss Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:47 AM   #745
karen l
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Peach View Post
I just saw pictures of the new first quarter 2013 Chamilia Disney beads!

A Mickey head dangle, a Mickey icon cutout, a Snow White themed dangle and a red enamel Minnie bow!

I don't know how to post pictures, but I am sure someone will soon!
those sound great - i love Mickey! I can't wait to see the Snow White dangle.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #746
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

Heres a picture of the new charms. I like Minnie's bow and the Snow White charm. How about you guys?

A True Disney Girl! This is the year of the Premier Annual Pass!
DLR lover starting in utero. DLR AP from 3 (I remember the big deal it was for me to finally be old enough to get my picture taken for that!) to 9. WDW AP off and on since age 15 (currently a Premier passholder!)
Disney Resorts I've stayed at over the years: Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Hilton Head Island,The Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village The Villas at the Grand Californian

Disney Fantasy Eastern 6/2012, Disney Wonder WBPC 5/2013
Jessica_of_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #747
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica_of_FL View Post
Heres a picture of the new charms. I like Minnie's bow and the Snow White charm. How about you guys?
I am in LOVE with the Minnie charm!

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #748
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

I just thought I'd share the two new beads I received from my hubby for Christmas...
First is the Purple Crystal Crown and the other is Cracked Ice.

I love them both. And even though the crown isn't techically part of the Disney collection, I think it fits in well on my bracelet with all the other Disney beads!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #749
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Our local jewelry store where my husband has bought all my beads is going out of business . It was SOOOO convenient for him and every once and a while I would get a surprise bead for no reason. If there's a bright side, they currently have the beads/charms 40% off and I went in today and picked up three locking beads. If I have any money left after my upcoming Disney trip, I might have to go back in and buy a few more things.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #750
ariamac
Mouseketeer

I am gonna start playing too!!!

My friend got me a Chamilia bracelet for my birthday... and then got me a Swarovski charm for Christmas. It didn't fit. Apparently you need a "charm holder" bead in order to hang the charms - which my friend was unaware of... and after looking at them on the Swarovski site, I was baffled! The charm holders, which look boring beads, are $50. So... we took the charm back and got a panda bead!!!! And then I bought myself 2 purple infinity beads.

I think I just started a new obsession! I'm so excited to be going to WDW in a month... and I'm gonna buy myself a Disney bead or 2. I LOVE the new Minnie Mouse and Snow White.

I checked out the Chamilia website and it says the dangling Cinderella slipper bead is still available and it's not on the "retiring end of 2012" list... you think I will be able to find this bead in WDW still?

"Never look back. If Cinderella went back to pick up her shoe, she wouldn't have become a princess."

Last edited by ariamac; 12-28-2012 at 03:43 PM.
ariamac is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: