Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #46
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

I got two new green beads today. Here is the Tinkerbell necklace. I think I would like to replace the two spacers with Mickey heads eventually.

I tried to take a picture with it on. Not an easy feat!

And this one is my mostly non-Disney bracelet. I do have the dreams come true bead on it so I guess it counts. This one is my kids' bracelet. That's a little hockey player in the middle, and then the two wheels are my kid's birthstones. The other silver pieces are other things that remind me of my kids.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #47
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Oooooooh, love the green beads, so pretty!! Tink too!! I was playing with the Tink charm on Chamilia last night, and just couldn't come up with a combo I liked, but I love yours. I like your soccer bead too.

Oh, one "Disney" bead that bugs me to death, is the Fairy Godmother bead...for some reason, I think she looks like the old Hag that gave Snow White the apple.

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #48
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I agree about the fairy godmother bead She reminds me of Darth Vadar and I think she is scary

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/25/14 Old Key West 8/6/14 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #49
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittig View Post
I agree about the fairy godmother bead She reminds me of Darth Vadar and I think she is scary
What's up with that?!!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #50
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I also don't like the Chamilia Disney castle because it looks like a circus tent not the Disney World castle

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/25/14 Old Key West 8/6/14 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #51
GoofyFairie
DIS Veteran

Ladies, I really LOVE your bracelets! I think I would really like to have one or two (maybe three!) of these. The fairy godmother bead is definatly scary and I too would describe the castle bead as a circus tent. I have no desire to own either one. What I would like to know is have they made a Goofy bead yet? He is my favorite!

I've been Boo'd! Thank you suprgrlx! And agnes!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow's just a dream away!
GoofyFairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #52
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

I agree about the Fairy Godmother bead. I think that the castle bead looks like the DL castle. It's cuter in person, I think, but it doesn't look like cinderella's castle.

I totally want a Goofy bead!!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #53
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

A couple more from Chamila website designs....Love, Peace & Mickey

Truth, Justice, and the American way

Old 04-14-2011, 09:43 AM   #54
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Okay, I am subbing to this thread b/c I asked for charms for a charm bracelet for my birthday...I discovered the Disney ones and that was pretty much what made me feel like I needed one. Only three right now...but there will be more. (ETA: I'm sorry the picture is so large; I can't resize it!)

My parents gave me the swirly Mickey head and Tink. DBF had me pick out the middle bead -- he said he didn't have the confidence to pick one out himself. That one is actually from the Kay Jeweler's "Charmed Memories" collection (so is the chain -- it fits Pandora/Chamilia jewelry!) I ordered the "white radiance" Chamila bead from the Disney store website last night, and I found a really pretty red glass bead on the Kay website that I'm hoping to buy when I am at the mall on Saturday. I have a lengthy wish list of both Kay and Chamilia charms. I can't stand carrying bags, so I don't have a purse weakness (my black wonder Disney Dooney wristlet is all I use), so I guess these beads will be my "problem."

I am also squarely in the camp of people who dislike the fairy godmother bead...every time I see it, I have that split second of thinking it is actually Darth Vader.

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Megablocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #55
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

I have the fairy godmother bead and never thought it was bad. But I think the Cheshire Cat bead is very, very terrible. It should be curled up, not standing.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #56
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
A couple more from Chamila website designs....Love, Peace & Mickey

Truth, Justice, and the American way

I'd better not show my daughter the peace love mickey one. She'd want that for sure. I started her a Miss Chamilia bracelet with the peace love mickey beads for Christmas. I'll have to add a pic of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Okay, I am subbing to this thread b/c I asked for charms for a charm bracelet for my birthday...I discovered the Disney ones and that was pretty much what made me feel like I needed one. Only three right now...but there will be more. (ETA: I'm sorry the picture is so large; I can't resize it!)

My parents gave me the swirly Mickey head and Tink. DBF had me pick out the middle bead -- he said he didn't have the confidence to pick one out himself. That one is actually from the Kay Jeweler's "Charmed Memories" collection (so is the chain -- it fits Pandora/Chamilia jewelry!) I ordered the "white radiance" Chamila bead from the Disney store website last night, and I found a really pretty red glass bead on the Kay website that I'm hoping to buy when I am at the mall on Saturday. I have a lengthy wish list of both Kay and Chamilia charms. I can't stand carrying bags, so I don't have a purse weakness (my black wonder Disney Dooney wristlet is all I use), so I guess these beads will be my "problem."

I am also squarely in the camp of people who dislike the fairy godmother bead...every time I see it, I have that split second of thinking it is actually Darth Vader.
I really like your red bead. It looks perfect with your tatoo! Nicely coordinated. The swirly Mickey Head was the first bead that I bought and it is still my favorite one!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #57
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
I have the fairy godmother bead and never thought it was bad. But I think the Cheshire Cat bead is very, very terrible. It should be curled up, not standing.
I really think that you have to look at each individual bead when you buy them. If they have more than one in stock it helps to look at all of them. There is enough variation, even in the silver ones, that it can make a bead look cute or creepy. I especially notice it with faces.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #58
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

[QUOTE=HockeyMomNH;40728744]I really think that you have to look at each individual bead when you buy them. If they have more than one in stock it helps to look at all of them. There is enough variation, even in the silver ones, that it can make a bead look cute or creepy. I especially notice it with faces.[/QUOTE]

Well there you have it, mystery solved. I can't see well enough to see her face.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #59
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomNH View Post
I really like your red bead. It looks perfect with your tatoo! Nicely coordinated. The swirly Mickey Head was the first bead that I bought and it is still my favorite one!
I did not even realize that! Thank you!

I was SO happy I got the swirly Mickey head; that was one that I really, really wanted. My white radiance bead (which I honestly got b/c it was so pixie-dust looking) shipped today; I can't wait to get it!

I also meant to say, your cakes are AMAZING. I love the Mad Hatter one!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Megablocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #60
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
Well there you have it, mystery solved. I can't see well enough to see her face.
Maybe it's time for some glasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
I did not even realize that! Thank you!

I was SO happy I got the swirly Mickey head; that was one that I really, really wanted. My white radiance bead (which I honestly got b/c it was so pixie-dust looking) shipped today; I can't wait to get it!

I also meant to say, your cakes are AMAZING. I love the Mad Hatter one!
I love the white radiance bead. I think it looks like pixie dust too.

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: