Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #31
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

They have a new Jiminy Cricket bead that I want so badly..I also love the crystal bead with the Mickey head. I think I'll get the black one though.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #32
babyruth
Mouseketeer

I'm a charm bracelet newbie. I have a Pandora standard silver bracelet, the Chamilia beads will fit it? If so anyone know where to get them in DLR?

11/01 WDW All Star Sports
4/08 WDW POR
4/11 DLR offsite Residence Inn Maingate
2/12 WDW offsite Rosen Centre

Me DH DS15 DS13 DS10
babyruth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #33
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Anyone ever use the beads to make an ankle bracelet? They have a 9.5" bracelet that I think would work. Or you ever use the beads as an other type of accessories (like a sandal charm)?

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #34
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyruth View Post
I'm a charm bracelet newbie. I have a Pandora standard silver bracelet, the Chamilia beads will fit it? If so anyone know where to get them in DLR?
The Chamila beads do fit on the Pandora bracelets. My pink bracelet is a pandora and all the beads are Chamilia. I do not know about where in DLR to get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
Anyone ever use the beads to make an ankle bracelet? They have a 9.5" bracelet that I think would work. Or you ever use the beads as an other type of accessories (like a sandal charm)?
I think it would look cool, but I would be a little scared to wear something that expensive around my ankle.

There is a picture somewhere here on the Dis of a really pretty keyring done with the beads. It is the reason I started collecting them. I'll have to see if I can find the thread, it was at least a year ago that I saw it, maybe more.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #35
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Thanks!! I think I'd have less snaggage (is that a word?) on my ankle than I would on my wrists. I'd probably keep it simple too, just a few beads. I was wondering about your bracelet with the Blue crystal Mickey head on it (The Bangle), do the plain silver beads that come with the bangle act as locks, or are they loose? It looks like they stop the other beads from moving around? I'd love to see more of your designs if you have others to share!

I'm asking for the blue Mickey head bead for Mother's day.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #36
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
They have a new Jiminy Cricket bead that I want so badly..I also love the crystal bead with the Mickey head. I think I'll get the black one though.
That is an adorable bead. It would probably look cute with a few of the star beads and "Wishes do come true" bead. It would remind me of Wishes!!

Old 04-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #37
Swmhc
DIS Veteran

Let me just say "Thanks Girls...."

First, I never spent more than $30 for a purse until Disney and Dooney teamed up. So now I have been feeding that addiction and now you girls have to pop on here with Disney Chamilia !!! My budget can't take this and I have no will power!!

I have ordered a couple beads to get me started...waiting for them to arrive and have a heck of a wish list going.

Disney must stop doing this too me !!

I will be back in the future to post my progress !
Old 04-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #38
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swmhc View Post

First, I never spent more than $30 for a purse until Disney and Dooney teamed up. So now I have been feeding that addiction and now you girls have to pop on here with Disney Chamilia !!! My budget can't take this and I have no will power!!

I have ordered a couple beads to get me started...waiting for them to arrive and have a heck of a wish list going.

Happy to be an enabler!

I can't wait to see some pictures. My wish list is pretty bad too.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #39
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

I have this idea that I would like to do a bracelet that is themed for each park, using a combination of Disney and non-Disney beads to represent my favorite things.

I just found a retired golf ball bead that is going to be the center piece for an Epcot bracelet. I would like to do a charm to represent some of my favorite countries. I thought I would use Mrs. Potts for France and maybe Dopey for Germany. There will also have to be a mixed drink bead on there to represent the Fiesta Margarita!

I would also like to do an Animal Kingdom bracelet using some of the glass beads like the zebra swirl. My Nemo bead would go on there, and there is a really cool giraffe that would be perfect for that bracelet.

I expect it's going to take me quite a while to collect all these beads!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #40
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomNH View Post
I have this idea that I would like to do a bracelet that is themed for each park, using a combination of Disney and non-Disney beads to represent my favorite things.

I just found a retired golf ball bead that is going to be the center piece for an Epcot bracelet. I would like to do a charm to represent some of my favorite countries. I thought I would use Mrs. Potts for France and maybe Dopey for Germany. There will also have to be a mixed drink bead on there to represent the Fiesta Margarita!

I would also like to do an Animal Kingdom bracelet using some of the glass beads like the zebra swirl. My Nemo bead would go on there, and there is a really cool giraffe that would be perfect for that bracelet.

I expect it's going to take me quite a while to collect all these beads!
Oh, what cute ideas!! I love playing on the Chamilia website and creating designs on their "wishlist". I have one I call "Fairytale Wedding" bracelet that has the carriage, castle, cinderella shoe, the white frosted beads, etc. I created one last night that would look real cute for the 4th of July, it has the blue Mickey Head in the center, with the silver stars on either side, and red striped bead on the end.....and one I call "Blue Christmas" I'm going to see if I can save them as JPegs pics and see what you experts think!

Think i did it!! I'd love to see some of your ideas!!

Old 04-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #41
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swmhc View Post

Hahaahahahaha!! I'm right there with you sista! But just think, with the beads, after you have the initial collections, you can literally make hundreds of different designs from the same beads, from necklaces to bracelets, anklets, etc! And it's so much cheaper to put a bead or two on your wishlists than a $300 dollar purse! (Unless, of course, you're like me and want the gold tinkerbell really bad!! )

Oh, BTW HockeyMomNH, your cakes are gorgeous....have you ever competed?

Old 04-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #42
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, what cute ideas!! I love playing on the Chamilia website and creating designs on their "wishlist". I have one I call "Fairytale Wedding" bracelet that has the carriage, castle, cinderella shoe, the white frosted beads, etc. I created one last night that would look real cute for the 4th of July, it has the blue Mickey Head in the center, with the silver stars on either side, and red striped bead on the end.....and one I call "Blue Christmas" I'm going to see if I can save them as JPegs pics and see what you experts think!

Think i did it!! I'd love to see some of your ideas!!

I love your designs! I could almost show you what the red white and blue one looks like in real life. I have the mickey and two of the red swirls. My mom has the star, but she only has one.

I have some designs made on the Chamilia website too. I'll see if I can add them later this morning.

Quote:
Oh, BTW HockeyMomNH, your cakes are gorgeous....have you ever competed?
Thanks. I have not been making cakes for very long. It's a new hobby I just discovered. I am hoping that I might be able to finance my purse/bead addicition with the cakes someday!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #43
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

This is the next thing that I am working towards. I have the Tink bead already. I want to make this a necklace, but the Chamilia site does not let you do designs with necklaces.

This design actually came from the Disney Store online. They had a picture very similar to this up. I think it was the black leather bracelet that was for sale.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #44
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomNH View Post
This is the next thing that I am working towards. I have the Tink bead already. I want to make this a necklace, but the Chamilia site does not let you do designs with necklaces.

This design actually came from the Disney Store online. They had a picture very similar to this up. I think it was the black leather bracelet that was for sale.

So cute!!! I love the green bracelet, I need more green in my life! Uh, I think you're ready to start selling your cakes...that Mad Hatter cake is fantastic!! (as the other ones too!)

Old 04-13-2011, 08:55 AM   #45
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So cute!!! I love the green bracelet, I need more green in my life! Uh, I think you're ready to start selling your cakes...that Mad Hatter cake is fantastic!! (as the other ones too!)
I think we could all use some more green!

I have started the process of becoming licensed to make cakes out of my home. It's pretty involved though, and my DH and I already run one business, so the thought of starting a second one is a bit overwhelming. I really love seeing the look on the kids faces when they see my cakes though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: